xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  

You Control What Happens In Your Dream..? Soemtimes, i think I can...

I can almost feel a sub conscience in my dreams, I seem to be able to control what "I" do in my dreams, just ;last night, I had a dream about an all school camping trip, near the end everyone is gone, and i'm walking by the cabins, and i hear a girl crying, the voice sounded familiar.I keep on walking but I sorta think, wait, I need to go back, and I do, and it's this girl that i happen to be in love with, and i start talking to her in the dream and ask her whats wrong, something about her family leaving her there, I'm comforting her, when I just tell her that I love her(haven';t done it yet IRL), and she stops crying, and I ask if she wants to hitch a ride with me, she says yes, and we kiss, slightly, and ride home, but the entire time, i felt like i was controlling myself, and everything.. and i and I am like, puppeteer-ing myself, I tell myself what to do, and what not to do.Then, I am going down the road, and I think, this was a perfect day, and I want to wake up, thinking in my mind that in a dream like this, something will go wrong, so i tell myself to wake up, and i did.I can wake up anytime i want to, I always have thought this to be normal, but my friends say they can never do anything like this.Can anyone else control their own dreams?

I kind of feel myself in this state before I really wake up, it's really being really tired and almost sleeping, but just awake enough to think, so basically you're in a heavy day dream. When you tell yourself to wake up, that's when you're putting you're brain into think mode so you wake up. When you're just in the "dream" you aren't thinking that much, and when you start to think about what is going on and think more, then you wake up. I get this too, but not often because I tend to wake up by my alarm clock now.

It is quite easy to control your dreams, just keep on reassuring yourself that you are indeed in control. It is also easy for one to become consumed by their dreams, hence the falling off the beds, a lot of movement, and sleep walking. I used to sleep walk a lot and drink milk during the night for absolutely no reason. I began to tell myself that it is I that is in control of my actions whether I am asleep or not. I soon stopped sleep walking. ^_^

I've only managed to do it a couple times, and it's fun when I can... but I wish I could control them more often. I've tried the different methods, but it doesn't seem to help me. The only times that it has happened to me was when I wasn't trying to make it happen and it was sort of like a fluke. And like t3jem mentioned, it was when I was already almost awake. Like it was one of the days that I kept just rolling over and going back to sleep. Maybe I should do that more often and maybe I'll be able to control my dreams more ^_^ Alarm clocks should be outlawed :P but then I'd never wake up hahaOn a separate note, I used to sleep walk too when I was younger, but I grew out of it, so I don't anymore. I never really tried to stop it, or worry about it, cause it didn't really seem strange to me at the time.

I have never really been able to do this at all. I think I may have controlled my dreams only a few times. I mostly am completly within my dream and do whatever my dream self wants to be doing. The only times that I have been able to control the dreams, and that is only a little, is when I am almost half awake but not quite, and I am conscious that I am dreaming, mostly in the morning. The other times are when I am having a nightmare, and I realize that it's not real and only a nightmare, and then I force myself to wake up from the nightmare. Aside from that, I am at the mercy of my dreams ....

I am able to control my dreams, but that scares me. Yeah, when you have a dream about someone you like, you enjoy it but try watching a damn scary movie with much gore and go to sleep. ^_^ I sometime wake up at night to say something or scream but no sound comes out and that scares me... a lot! Sometimes the dream catching to me and even when I'm awake, I feel like I am in a dream. You know the echos, burred figures etc... I must admit this does scare me a little but I cope with it now since I have super power :P

I love having zombie dreams ... Weird ? I like the fact i can alway find a shotgun or rocket launcher somewhere and they're obviously "shaun of the dead zombies" so its fun

I've never been able to control my dreams, so I'm sort of wondering what it is most of you are talking about. Is it really possible to control your own dreams? I'm sure it would be great to able to do absolutely anything you want without consequences though. Are you aware it's a dream when you "controlling" yourselves?

I think it's possible to control your own actions in your dreams... I mean, you actually feel like you're inside another real world. While it's not actually possible to control your dreams (e.g. what environment you're in), it seems possible to "control" your actions.

For some reason, right before I wake up, my dream always starts getting to the point where something really bad happens.

I can be in a deep state of sleep and control dreams to, it is nice, I can talk to the girl I like and see what she responds like, and gauge what inside my mind really feels about her.

Yeh, I control my dreams a lot. If I don't like how the story is developing, I just correct things to suit myself. If there is a mistake in the dream, I correct it. I change people's identities frequently. Like if I am talking to, about or doing something with someone that doesn't fit right, I switch the personage to somebody else. Most of my dreams are in the morning as I am trying to wake up. They are very realistic. All my senses seem to be intact. The one thing that is really fun is when I fly. In my dreams I can fly like a bird and see everything from a bird's perspective. It is really neat. I can say I have never had what you call a nightmare. When things start getting unpleasant, I just change the situation to something pleasant. Sometimes when I am trying to wake up, I have frustrating dreams. In them I am trying to accomplish a simple task that is escaping me. It becomes so maddening that I wake up just to stop the excercise in futility. ^_^

I think I do that almost every night. It is like making up a story, like I sometimes do during my day. Like a daydream, just that it is at night. ^_^ If I have a crush on somebody, that maybe I will dream about them. It is often that, not so often I dream about other things... And when I do, I do not feel like I created those dreams myself.^^I think it is fun. I like dreaming about things that are interesting for me, than dreaming about some stupid cat outside or something like that....

What you people are describing is called 'lucid dreaming'. Here's an excerpt from wikipedia:

A lucid dream, also known as a conscious dream, is a dream in which the person is aware that he or she is dreaming while the dream is in progress. During lucid dreams, it is possible to exert conscious control over the dream characters and environment, as well as to perform otherwise physically impossible feats. Lucid dreams can be extremely real and vivid depending on a person's level of self-awareness during the lucid dream.[1]A lucid dream can begin in one of two ways. A dream-initiated lucid dream (DILD) starts as a normal dream, and the dreamer eventually concludes that he or she is dreaming, while a wake-initiated lucid dream (WILD) occurs when the dreamer goes from a normal waking state directly into a dream state with no apparent lapse in consciousness.

I find when I sleep a full rest of 8 or 10 hours, I tend to lucid dream more. The longer I try to sleep, the more lucid my dreams become. Most of my lucid dreams are re-ocurring dreams. I dream about running from authorities and succeeding by doing everything possible, like stealing helicopters, etc. It's a whole lot of fun running around in my dream from the police.
Another dream, I'm usually in the middle of a war against a non-humanoid threat or on some James Bond type of mission, escaping from a facility. The non-humanoid dream, though, isn't a pretty one... the threat is vicious and I'm usually armed with an assault rifle or gun. The human race does not win very often in this dream. The last dream I had like this, mankind had run out of all ammo and I was frantically searching for even a few bullets.
I really, really, REALLY hate lucid dreaming about my place of employment.

Whatever lucid dream I have, I've awoken with that ghost feeling that I really was somewhere else. If I get shot and I wake up, I hurt where I got shot and many other sensations linger after dreaming. This leads me to believe something on the spiritual level happens when I lucid dream. I think that a spiritual part of me, my soul or whatever, goes to another realm and takes part in life in that realm.

Anyone else feel these ghost feelings? Ever realize you're lucid dreaming and can't do anything to wake yourself up?

I like flying or being underwater in dreams, but I never seem to actually fly, I merely float up and float back down. It's always frustrating trying to fly in my dreams.

I have had lucid dreams too. It's very interesting how the mind works. Everyone's is different so I will share my experiences and maybe they can be applied to your situation when attempting lucid dreams.A lucid dream can begin in one of two ways. A dream-initiated lucid dream (DILD) starts as a normal dream, and the dreamer eventually concludes that he or she is dreaming, while a wake-initiated lucid dream (WILD) occurs when the dreamer goes from a normal waking state directly into a dream state with no apparent lapse in consciousness. I have only had a few experiences with lucid dreams, and all have been DILDs. In each instance i was involved in a shocking situation where i was in immediate danger or caught doing something really bad. I almost woke up from the shock and in the process I told myself, still asleep, "This is just a dream. I can't get hurt here (or in trouble, depending on the situation). Just relax and do what you want." And that's how I have initiated lucid dreams in the past. Hopefully these will happen more frequently so I can practice the control of my dreams. So far it has just been random dreams that happen to have a common factor; something stressful that brings me to the point of almost waking up but not completely.Good luck and have fun with your lucid dreams :D