xisto Community
jopak134

A Hard Question On Islam no disrespecting and such just curious

I'm reading the Qu'ran, and it is much like the Bible, in that it talks of fighting a spiritual war, but also of living a peaceful life with our neighbors. It basically means that we should fight evil (not flesh and bone, but of evil thoughts and impurity) and love peace. I think this is a calling of most religions. Islam calls it jihad, some Christians call it the Great Controversy, but it all has the same idea of loving peace and hating evil.

I believe all religions teaches one to be upright and morally correct. None advocates violence. But having said that, some religions, the origins, IMO, there is too much violence to begin with.

I think the question about women is quite obvious.

Ideas have consequences, and with simple logic sometimes consequences can tell you what the ideas are.

In the Muslim world today there are many laws that do not favor the rights of women.

(Just recently there was an ordeal over a law legalizing rape in marriage in a Muslim country, I don't recall which)

Women are frequently raped, abused, and executed if the husband is unpleased with them in Muslim countries.

In the world today there are about 100,000,000 missing women - biologically women should outnumber the men, but this is not the case. If you look at the percentage of how many men/women there ARE and how many there scientifically should be you will find that that many are missing. This is most severe in the Middle East.

Those are consequences. What do you conclude to be root, the ideas that cause them?

I believe the in the Muslim worldview the woman is not understood to be a transcendentally valuable creation of God like the Bible says. Look at how nations with strong Christian influence have protected women and how Muslim nations have abused them. Look at the consequences and effects long enough and you will realize they are results of the underlying beliefs.

If you do a little research on human traficking, for sex slaves. You will see it is highest in Asian and African countries and the end of the road mostly ends in western countries.By the way, dont forget how the image of women is been reduced to sexual apperance by the western capitlism. Where women not only are constantly left under pressure of being sexy and also their bodies are used to sell things to the men.But unlike you, Im not blaming religion but the culture of europe. So if you want to critize something in Iran or Iraq, blame their culture. Organised religion is a dangerus thing. but that doesnt stop people from trying. Power centers always try to make a organised religion out of Islam. So some Arab countries made their own religious laws but Islam in its core is not suitable to turn into organised religion. Thats why a cult, ruler, leader, scholar or whatever authraity has only influence over his own people. Just as Christians other than Catholic find the Pope as a clown...Basicly, what am I trying to say:You are saying "something cruel was happened in country X" I cannot argue with or against that in light of my religion because me being a musluman and that country has a majority of muslims doesnt mean anything common in religion. By the way, let me remind you, Islam arrived to Arab lands in a time where women has minus value. I mean fathers were embrased of having a daughter and bury them alive.

Edited by Janissary (see edit history)

Of course religion and culture are not the same thing. If you didn't notice the world "worldview" in my post that is what I'm referring to. Worldview affects culture but it is also determined by culture and religion in certain ways. A true Christian just so much as a true Muslim has his worldview determined by their holy scriptures (i.e. writings). You are very correct when you mention the grave errors of western society in their treatment of women as sex objects. But look who is doing it and who is fighting against it. In the western society Christians fight against such cultural and societal perversions. In the Muslim world it is the very religious leaders who impose the laws to which I referred in my previous post.

I think the question about women is quite obvious.

Ideas have consequences, and with simple logic sometimes consequences can tell you what the ideas are.

In the Muslim world today there are many laws that do not favor the rights of women.

(Just recently there was an ordeal over a law legalizing rape in marriage in a Muslim country, I don't recall which)

Women are frequently raped, abused, and executed if the husband is unpleased with them in Muslim countries.

In the world today there are about 100,000,000 missing women - biologically women should outnumber the men, but this is not the case. If you look at the percentage of how many men/women there ARE and how many there scientifically should be you will find that that many are missing. This is most severe in the Middle East.

Those are consequences. What do you conclude to be root, the ideas that cause them?

I believe the in the Muslim worldview the woman is not understood to be a transcendentally valuable creation of God like the Bible says. Look at how nations with strong Christian influence have protected women and how Muslim nations have abused them. Look at the consequences and effects long enough and you will realize they are results of the underlying beliefs.

Actually you don't know enough information about Islam. And as Janissary said culture and religion is different.

You are prejudicied on Islam. Islam teaches people that woman and man has the same rights. Even Islam says that we must take care of our wife.

Let's look at you Americans and Europeans, you are using the woman sexuality in tv advertisement, newspapers, internet sites to sell your product or something.

That is your thought how you look at your women.

You all must learn all the other religions. And then compare the religions.

Edited by Erdemir (see edit history)

The way I see it, they are not religous leaders but political leaders and power centers because they have little influence in Islam world, they have little power outside of their own circle. Their religuos powers may even be limited among their countrymen, they just know the right people.

If God blessed you with the ability to get enough money to have two wives and give them a good life, its because God wants you to do it. If he gives you the ability to be rich, its because He wants you to be rich. Why? Because God knows you can make good use of that money and help people. The same applies for three or even four wives... They are not objects, they are the only ones who can give birth... therefore they are equal or better. The duty of the husband is to gather everything what is necessary so that the woman can have children so they live for it. However in the western cultures we use woman's sexuality as a marketing 'object', the sexual background is present in 9/10 of the ads you watch on TV.. so who threats woman like an object? maybe it is us who are wrong?

it is true that islam is a religion not of war but peace. i for am one born to a familiy with both catholic and islam as a religion in parts of my family.
but my family don't want to answer this question because they say its blasphemous and such so if anyone would answer this one that has islam a full part of his life then how come:

when you go to heaven, youll be given a number of virgins as a reward? then does that mean women are just objects and nothing else? :)

am for one really like the aspect of islam as a religion and thinking of studying it and maybe just maybe converting to islam but this one question has really hindered my decision to convert so can anyone answer this one and help his fellow man

To answer this the best I can...Most eastern religions do view women as being objects. All did in the past but some of them changed. I don't know enough about Islam to classify it as being male dominated or not but it most likely is.

As for the virgins question, I think it is a very big misconception. Much like many other claims in religions, they are based on your own personal inference of what was said. Someone could say "I'm going shopping..." and it could be inferred by people as "I'm going to buy a car," "I'm going to go buy groceries," "I'm going to go look for a new house..." or one of many other things. Everything is based on how you infer them.

responding : a hard question on IslamA Hard Question On IslamHi,Your question had been posted by muslims too, it`s a commonquestion, I congratulate you for having this kind of questions. I wouldlike to say that not everybody can answer all religious issues, Ipersonaly had one side of the answer. But it takes a person whoabsorbed and understood the religion and all it`s contents, and knowsthe circumstances of each verse of Quran and the reason it was braughtto earth by angel from Allah. The language of Quran itself is a miracleand if I'm not cappable to understand each word and relate each idea inQuran to its historical time and circumstance I would not explain it.And I would not jump in and give an answer to any question if I knowthere is some doubt in what I'm offering as explanation. But the sourcethat you can use and be sure you will not wait days for the answer iswhere I find answers for my questions too. And this source is thisIslamic website where you can post your question which most the timeyou would find it in fatwa`s section or posted questions answered bycheikhs and imams. You will find what you were wondering about if yougo to this link:http://archive.islamonline.net/?p=774&cid=1119503549252You can search other issues and questions that may alarm your mind while discovering Islam :http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ wish to hear if my comment helps answer your wonder. Thanks

salam2u.comA Hard Question On Islam

salam2u.Com provides some Q&A on Islam and invites questions that leads to active discussions on religion generally. We have to find out for ourselves what religion is all about for it is only through knowledge, simple common sense and logical discussions that we can discover the real truth. Islam stress that there is no compulsion in religion but then one encouraged to use his intellectual capabilities to assess the contents of the Qur'an which explains the universal plan of the Creator from first creation to eternal resurrection. The basic obligation for a Muslim is to believe in the Oneness of God as distinct from His creations. This is the basic teaching of all Prophets and confirmed by Jesus when asked 'What is the first commandment'?.

-reply by ramsarahman

Thanks for bringing us back on track iGuest. I am pretty sure that the answer is yet to be answered. 'hoor' means beautiful, not woman. If you truly need to study Qur'an (I am a Christian, but if you really need to study that..) You should study it in Arabic. Although I do not know why it is said that the beauty of Qur'an only exists in it's own language (Arabic), but learning context in it's native language is always a plus.By the way, iGuest, I can't seem to access the website you provided.