xisto Community
jopak134

A Hard Question On Islam no disrespecting and such just curious

it is true that islam is a religion not of war but peace. i for am one born to a familiy with both catholic and islam as a religion in parts of my family.but my family don't want to answer this question because they say its blasphemous and such so if anyone would answer this one that has islam a full part of his life then how come:when you go to heaven, youll be given a number of virgins as a reward? then does that mean women are just objects and nothing else? ^_^ am for one really like the aspect of islam as a religion and thinking of studying it and maybe just maybe converting to islam but this one question has really hindered my decision to convert so can anyone answer this one and help his fellow man

First of all I excuse myself for being the first to comment in this topic without actually having the answer to your question. If we view the Islam as a religion, as it is, we must assume that it promotes peace and love. Even though, we might be bombarded with propaganda portraying certain groups as violent and in certain point bringing terror to society, we must comprehend that that is just one report of a biased media. I am pretty sure that the Native Americans in the U.S. did not believe Christianity was a religion of peace, probably the Aztecs did not believe that either, and I'm pretty sure the pagans and other groups being persecuted in the crusades did not believe that Christianity was a religion promoting peace and love among the world. Personally, I don't know much of the Islam, but your topic caught my attention... is that comment about being rewarded a number of virgins when ascended to heaven true? What about women? What is there reward for entering heaven?

Islam is about peace but still to be swift in punishment,but tht is left to our god.Whatever country that bombs Middle-East is bacuse it has a lot of crude oil(fuel).American see this as a source of income or whatever and say the country had terroists when infact it is becuase of the Americans that terroists lose their families and go and bomb place.America uses "terroists" as a cover up for what is an "oil war".

'hoor' is what you will get in Haven, not Women!. The word 'hoor' doesn't mean 'Woman', It is something that resembles a Woman.

Don't go directly on translations. If you really want to explore Islam I would recommend learning Arabic, then reading Quran in Arabic.

'hoor' is what you will get in Haven, not Women!. The word 'hoor' doesn't mean 'Woman', It is something that resembles a Woman.

Don't go directly on translations. If you really want to explore Islam I would recommend learning Arabic, then reading Quran in Arabic.

True, but I think the English professionaly translated version is good enough.

not all religion promotes peace and love. some promotes evil and malintent.

It is Man who is Malevolent, not religion. It is Man who promotes evil, molds religion to his own purpose.

when you go to heaven, youll be given a number of virgins as a reward? then does that mean women are just objects and nothing else?

True, but I think the English professionaly translated version is good enough.

We have just seen how 'good' it is. It is good for starters who are overlooked and consulted by a learned Muslim.

when you go to heaven, youll be given a number of virgins as a reward?

You wouldn't happen to know what verse it's from in the Qur'an, would you? I've heard about this a couple times, but when i searched for it in the Qur'an, i could never find it. That lead me to believe that it is probably found in the Hadiths instead. But i don't know of any online sources for the Hadiths. But if it's in the Hadiths, then whether or not it's true according to Islam is questionable.

so the question is still unanswered... i will not rest this topic to peace until i have found a answer.i'm also a bit of studying arabic. but only their alphabet, sentence structure and word structure for now. this one of the most hardest languages i have encountered. those languages are mostly euro and asian that you read from right to left and left to right in words. ( except in chinese ^_^ ). in arabic you have to read the word from right to left and read the sentence from left to right is somewhat confusing for me :P .also if you don't know any evil religion out there then search "evil religion" in google and some wil pop-up.i for one know one but forgotten the name, its really not a religion but a way of life( but religions are a way of life confused... like buddhism). its like this they are basically atheist that believe that are basically selfish. for example if their is someone being robbed and you know you can help, this one will think of himself first than helping someone. they are really self centered. they don't really care if someone is bleeding in the middle of the street.

selfish buddhists

A Hard Question On Islam

I apologize if this seems a bit off topic, but I feel that buddhism is based on selflessness, and introspection. I understand it to be the opposite of selfish. Looking inside for the truth is a large part of the path to peace. ''prayer is talking to God.. Meditation, is listening.'' anyway, I feel that insight medittation unravels the cloaks that we place on fear, and what many discover, is that most fear is built on misunderstanding, and as the layers peel away, we find, for ourselves, that we are all one. If one realizes this unity, then selflessness follows.

-reply by criscko

admin reply

=====================

I very much feel your opinion :-)

prayer is talking to God.. Meditation, is listening. And Yoga is the way to accelerate your journey to God.

it is true that islam is a religion not of war but peace. i for am one born to a familiy with both catholic and islam as a religion in parts of my family.
but my family don't want to answer this question because they say its blasphemous and such so if anyone would answer this one that has islam a full part of his life then how come:

when you go to heaven, youll be given a number of virgins as a reward? then does that mean women are just objects and nothing else? :D

am for one really like the aspect of islam as a religion and thinking of studying it and maybe just maybe converting to islam but this one question has really hindered my decision to convert so can anyone answer this one and help his fellow man

No religion teaches war in their holy books. Its basically the evil thats inside you that breeds all these feelings. If you concentrate on good things only good things happen.

for your first question, I believe, Islam teaches peace.

And for the second , why do you want to know what you get as a reward in Heaven ? Don't you think that you should do some good deeds in your life and leave the rewards and stuff to god.

Now I have a question for you , Have you read Quran ? doesn't matter English or Arabic.

when you go to heaven, youll be given a number of virgins as a reward? then does that mean women are just objects and nothing else? :D

Can you show an exact location of this?If it is in Qur'an, in which sura?
If it is in Hadiths, from which Hadith book?

If you only hear something about this, you should research what the source is.

I think he (topic starter) just wants to start a fight and bash a religion by acting he's clueless and want to learn. I know this tactic from my brtoher.

Hear me :

I forgot the details. It was either Pope's saying bad things about Islam or the cartoonist thing. Anyway, my brother got angry (he is a angry fellow) and he logged in to a web site and ask questions like "hello, I want to learn about Christainty but Im confused about trinity".

I think here is the same case. Topic starter got angry to a muslim and now he's relaxing.

cheers...

My idea

A Hard Question On Islam

Asalam Alaikum,

I believe that in this world women are not objects of men but God knows what is in the hearts of man, so in heaven he rewards them of something close to what is known as women. God knows that a great muslim who has prohibited himself from adultery or playing with women, deserves something close to it in Heaven. Its like telling a child they cant go out and play until they have finished their food. This world is a test. I hope I have helped.

-reply by samar

----------------------------------

Admin opinion -

Only a MAN/WOMEN who has TRULY loved without desires or expecting 0 in return.. and continues to love even now.. can be an object, his wife, mom, a person, an animal ..anything. can realize the meaning or the essence of Islam and even this debate :)

-shree