xisto Community
finaldesign

How Do You Like Layout And Design Of My Site? Please rate it.

How do you like layout and design of my site?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's the one thing I don't like about the site, that the sides draw away from the main area of the site where all the information is.  Other than that, nice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I think you're right on that, I agree... Actually I work now on brand new design, im making it from scratch. And im trying now to include all comments from people... Thanks all again for your reviews, I'll try to keep them in mind. :rolleyes:

I very much like it, the splash page is nice, but it's kind of useless (i like the blob). And that moving thing (spectrum analyzer) doesn't serve much of a function does it. Overall i like it 8.5/10. If you designed it by yourself i'd say good job and impressive = i couldn't do that myself. You should be proud.

Ok. Nice layout but it needs some attention to the content. The content part of it looks really untidy and shocking really. Make a content box to put it all in with an iframe to shorten the space taken by it possibly....

Ok. Nice layout but it needs some attention to the content.

The content part of it looks really untidy and shocking really. Make a content box to put it all in with an iframe to shorten the space taken by it possibly....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its a pretty good design.

btw, the vistor number says 00000000000 on the main page after pressing enter.

theres also a couple of error pages. (links, sitemap.)

right, the first reason i hate it is because it has a splash page suggests that it was designed for IE 6.0 & 1024.768 screen res.

i consider that wrong. you should design your site for all browsers and screen resolutions...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, mrkill47.. i'm agree with you, we are in a way.

You should make you're site is best for every resolution (800 * 600 at least), every internet explorer (4.0 at least), every flash version (5.0 at least).

your splash front page is looked like as if you're saying that your site is really for high end user only. Even the great designer always have a subtitute for their website if the visitors does'nt have flash player, ie 4.0, and worst resolution (640 * 400).

Well, then i salute you... it is really a great design side bar, are you making all of the wallpaper? it is great.. great design... well

really, i liked the design and content, but your site has 0 usability.i'm not a geek about it, but here i have a few tips:- has a splash page. it's unnecesary, it puts off the target of a site: give information.- what information gives it? that i need +IE6 and 1024x768. you should develope designs for the basic: IE4, 800x600 (i'm not the only one saying this) and 56Kbps connection.- a message appeared saying i needed flash 7.0 to see your site right. i didn't downloaded it, of course. i'm sure you could export the flash animation to HTML+GIF&JPEG. and if you couldn't, it's ok, but don't ask me for flash 7.0, if the most of the visitors has 6 or minors.well, i think the rest is fine, except the headers' stuff, yeah, they should be bigger than the body textthis is only what i think, just hope more people can see because content is GOOD!

Well, then i salute you... it is really a great design side bar, are you making all of the wallpaper? it is great.. great design... well

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your comment's, Im just about to finish my redesign, and Im trying to include all your comments....

And yes, Im making the wallpaper's my self, and mp3's are mine too...

really, i liked the design and content, but your site has 0 usability.

i'm not a geek about it, but here i have a few tips:

- has a splash page. it's unnecesary, it puts off the target of a site: give information.

- what information gives it? that i need +IE6 and 1024x768. you should develope designs for the basic: IE4, 800x600 (i'm not the only one saying this) and 56Kbps connection.

- a message appeared saying i needed flash 7.0 to see your site right. i didn't downloaded it, of course. i'm sure you could export the flash animation to HTML+GIF&JPEG. and if you couldn't, it's ok, but don't ask me for flash 7.0, if the most of the visitors has 6 or minors.

well, i think the rest is fine, except the headers' stuff, yeah, they should be bigger than the body text

this is only what i think, just hope more people can see because content is GOOD!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to disagree about the IE4 thing. I mean, no-one i know or i know of uses it and i dont even think i have ever heard of it to be quite honest.

And i dont mind the splash page, in fact, i think its nice.....

I used both IE and mozilla to view the page. OK in IE, some graphics a little off in mozilla.

I got this error when clicking on "links" You should remove the are from the custom error.

(This was with IE6:

---[ Error 404 ]---

Wrong page

Whoops! It's seems like you entered a wrong url or followed an old link. Please notify administrator from where you get this wrong or old link so we can correct an error. Thanks!

You are came from this URL: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Your IP adress is: ***.***.***.***

Your Browser is: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)

This was Mozilla:

---[ Error 404 ]---

Wrong page

Whoops! It's seems like you entered a wrong url or followed an old link. Please notify administrator from where you get this wrong or old link so we can correct an error. Thanks!

You are came from this URL: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Your IP adress is: ***.***.***.***

Your Browser is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040910

I'm using 1280x1024 on a 21" monitor and the text on the screen are a little small and hard to read (that may be because I'm an old man :rolleyes: ) I like your color scheme and graphics. I think the font-colors should be contrasting a little more. but that is my personal opinion. Sometimes monocromatic color schemes (at least it looks like you used a monochromatic scheme to me) can be a little hard to read.

Nils

the layout looks ok, but the only thing i'd like to comment it the background. It looks a little shiny, maybe if you had paint shop pro 7 and did the weave effect as the background, maybe it would look a little better :rolleyes:also try to add more color. i don't mean like...red and then blue. Maybe try to make some parts of your site dark blue (like the background) and the content area light blue!!!but other then the colors, your layout looks awesome

Ive uptaded the whole design now. I think it's now much more cleaner, just for now there are too many ads, I must get rid of them maybe...dunno... so anyway take a look now and comment my website now... :P

Hmm, compared to your first design, i like the new one better. SOO pro looking. Well done, your some kick-rump webdesigner; i don't think i'll ever be - i only like graphics and i'll be back on that after i've installed adobe and 3ds again. I like the 3ds animation thing. I look into the glass ball/globe and i forsee a good future for you and your site, keep it up dude! :P

Thanks for your reviews everone, when I hear what people think, I do stuff much better then, these comments are helping me alot. So anyway, I'll put some interesting content on my page (http://www.finaldesign.tk/), and it will be related to graphic / web design mainly. You can expect the content to be added next week... Thanks again for visitng my site.