xisto Community
finaldesign

How Do You Like Layout And Design Of My Site? Please rate it.

How do you like layout and design of my site?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

wow its very nice. I like yoiur audio section. There are some cool songs in there. Very very awesome fantastic..... Your whole site looks very "flashy" and I do mean flash. Its sort of futuristic looking. Excellent.

Well - it's been a looong time from when I started with my site. Now there are so much more feautures up there - come back to http://www.finaldesign.tk/ and find: gallery section with my wallpapers, shoutbox online, main page content with graphic|design news, guestbook enhanced, few photoshop tutorials and more comming up, great graphic|web|design links collection... and much more... reviews,feedback and comments wanted and always welcome...

Huh? It's totally blank? Nothing? Just a white space. It's not Firefox compatible I'm guessing...

Huh? It's totally blank? Nothing? Just a white space. It's not Firefox compatible I'm guessing...

131929[/snapback]

It cannot be blank. Try to wait a little longer. It's prettey heavy scripting there...

I'm sorry, but it's blank. It said "Connecting to Xisto.com" I waited. Then it said "Done" and it was still a blank, white screen. Have you tested it in Firefox? I'm using Version 1.0.3

I'm sorry, but it's blank. It said "Connecting to Xisto.com" I waited. Then it said "Done" and it was still a blank, white screen. Have you tested it in Firefox? I'm using Version 1.0.3

131962[/snapback]

Ok, I tested It in Firefox and it oppens all ok, pretty fast on my DSL. My URL redirector "http://www.finaldesign.tk/; may sometimes fault at redirecting, but that is rare... And if you try to open it directly from url "finaldesign.astahost.com" it works fine... maybe you're trying to access my old account at finaldesign.trap17.com - that is an old one - I moved to finaldesign.astahost.com

Anyway, hope to see you comming on my webpage... :lol:

Okay, I finally got there using the finaldesign.astahost.com address. Whoa, pretty impressive. :lol: Good job. Are you using a content management system? If so, do you mind sharing which one? Did you code it yourself, or did you use Mambo or something?I'm actually in search of a good CMS; right now I'm fiddling around with WordPress and trying to see if I can tweak it to do what I want. It's a bit complicated, as I'm rather new to PHP. Until the start of April all I had been doing was html templates with Blogger. And a bit of javascript. Heh.If you like, you can take a look at my site, tatatee.com - I'm running WordPress on both my personal blog and my Sims 2 blog. I'm trying to figure out if I can use it to run the entire site and do away with the html bits. :) If you can help, please do!Thanks in advance. :P

Well, actually, I started from scratch. First I make a design in photoshop. then slice it in html, and transfer to dreamweaver. Then I clean out whole sliced html in dreamweaver and start from a clean file, and making tables in dreamweaver by hand. And I import the pictures in that tables to make everything perfect fit, and good looking. When I was done with html and photoshop slicing - my first template was done. Then I started a massive search on Google, for free open source script parts in PHP. I found many of my scripts on onlyphp.com and on hotscripts.com then I get into code (and Im a really not some fantastic programmer - I just can have ability to quickly understand code :P) and I start remaking that code to my own needs... So this is a short story how was finaldesign.tk made. Anyway, there is no some content-managment system at my web, actually I made one myself - I have many script parts on my webpage:
- there is a main section on index.html that is news-content part (that's one script)
- under "site news" is another news-content script
- under "guestbook" is modified news-content script to look more like guestbook :)
- under gallery section is a script for reading *.jpg files from specific folder
- there is shoutbox script
- and on every page there are included some parts as:
- Main menu, top-menu, bottom-menu...
I think you got an idea here... :lol: Anyway you go to that links above and find scripts that suits your needs, and then I can help you with them...

well.. the design is nice and cool...but your site itself is very good... very informative and thats more important than design..congrats man.. i will give you 9/10 overall..a site with the same design and useless content would get a 4/10 from me.

a site with the same design and useless content would get a 4/10 from me.

132326[/snapback]

Thanks man for reviewing my site. Really I designed it for a loong time, and after that I focused my work on getting a content to site... Now I upload it daly...

Well, actually, I started from scratch. First I make a design in photoshop. then slice it in html, and transfer to dreamweaver. Then I clean out whole sliced html in dreamweaver and start from a clean file, and making tables in dreamweaver by hand. And I import the pictures in that tables to make everything perfect fit, and good looking.

132319[/snapback]

I don't understand what you mean by "slice it" in html. And what/how do you "make tables in dreamweaver"?

What if I don't have photoshop or dreamweaver?

I don't understand what you mean by "slice it" in html. And what/how do you "make tables in dreamweaver"?

What if I don't have photoshop or dreamweaver?

132360[/snapback]

In photoshop there is a slice tool. That tool enables you to cut a picture in many smaller rectangles (pictures)...and then there is another function in photoshop that enables you to export your "sliced" pictures to html... ok, here is an short example:

Posted Image

I hope you understand now... If you dont have photoshop or dreamweaver you can still make this, but you must learn very vell to write html code, and you will probably must "slice" or cut images by hand in some other program like Paint Shop Pro or Gimp to get what you need for html... Anyway this is the easiest way... :lol:

WOW!! :lol: Yeah, I normally use Gimp and use their image map function. Thanks for the clear tut. Could I request a mod to put that in the How To forum please? I think it would be so helpful for other people too. :)