xisto Community
MrSandMan

Google Has Been Acting Funky For The Last 5 Or So Days!

Anyone else notice the problem? Seems like 55 minutes out of every hour throught-out the day Google has been down, cannot connect to their server at all. Search engines are not working, spell check isn't working, can't access my adsense and analytics accounts.This is getting old. I did a search on Yahoo! (because google was down) to see if there were any other user complaints. I didn't find any. I have 3 computers in my home and all three are having the same issue with google.Anyone else notice anything funky with Google?

Sounds like your ISP is playing a prank on you :lol: I doubt that google of all companies would be having any problems. Imagine the amount of backup servers they've got running? I haven't found any problems with it, and as you said you had no problems connecting to yahoo, so it just sounds like there may be some issues with your connection or your isp... Quite odd...

hmm well i didn't notice that that i guess it's working fine with me here.. yeah maybe it's possible i hit google at that time when it's up by the way it's might be possible they are upgrading their server, hardware or their seach engine. anyways so far it's working fine with me if i get any problem i'll post here. :lol:

Yeah I believe it is your ISP that could be doing the downtime, because it would have to take a lot of queries to shutdown google like that all at once. When you see google go down, open a new window and see if another website shows up at all, and if it doesn't then it is your ISP connection and not the site themselves.

I don't know how that would work if it was my ISP. Because it only does it with google. I can access anything else known to mankind but google. sometimes google works for me, but 75% of the time it is down.I have resorted to using Yahoo and MSN search, which isn't that bad actually. Now that I use them, I am beginning to like them more an more.Yeah, it's just odd that if it is my ISP, seems like other functions would be giving fits as well.

maybe it would be a good idea for MrSandMan to also try country-specific google. :lol: google has established local-google versions for (some, or all... not sure) countries. CANADA has https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl, PHILIPPINES has https://www.google.com.ph/?gws_rd=ssl, INDIA has https://www.google.co.in/?gws_rd=ssl, FRANCE has https://www.google.fr/?gws_rd=ssl, and SENEGAL has https://www.google.sn/?gws_rd=ssl for examples. what happens for local residents of countries when they access google.com is they get redirected to their country-specific google. i'm guessing these are mirrors, and is only established for each country for speed-in-searching purposes. instead of getting routed all over the world to the main google servers, they get served with the mirrors. they practically will have the same results, wherever you are in the world, i would hope. :D

so since you're in michigan, i would bet you will have access to the main google.com servers in the USA. but, if you're having trouble with your searches via google.com, try the sample alternatives above. these will also provide you with google search. :D if you're having problems with the local languages used for the alternatives above, you can always make them appear in english (option to do this on the right-most corner of the bottom of the google page).

it's a workaround, but it's better than no google at all, until you can figure out what's wrong on your end for having this "funky" experience of yours with google. :D i rarely use yahoo (only for my yahoogroups, and not searches), and i never use MSN. :P good luck.

No I haven't noticed itBut its really unlike with googleWell it can happen because everyone knows anyone who establishes a net connection for the first time likes to go to google to make a searchso it might be due to increasing traffic or a some kind of server problem. :lol:

I advice you to first ask your fiends on the internet if they are having problems such as yours because google is one of the most big and prosperous companies on the internet and outside in real life so, contact your isp or check your pc for virus, trojans, worms and so on.Most likely is your isp but, it can also be true what you say, perhaps to your country only, but it is unlikely, very indeed.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

I advice you to first ask your fiends on the internet if they are having problems such as yours because google is one of the most big and prosperous companies on the internet and outside in real life so, contact your isp or check your pc for virus, trojans, worms and so on.
Most likely is your isp but, it can also be true what you say, perhaps to your country only, but it is unlikely, very indeed.

I don't have any friends :lol::P

Google has been working good today. last night it went down for hours. It was still down at 3am when I went to bed. However, today it's working great.

Very odd, indeed!

I don't think I've even ever seen the page not available error thingy for google in my whole life... hmmm... well... I'm pretty sure google doesn't error nearly at all....hmmmmm..... welll at least its workin for ya

Wooow... I have never seen google go down. Like everyone said, it is most probably your ISP. In case it is though, you can try google in other locations or just use a different search engine in the meantime like yahoo, or msn search. Did Gmail also go down for you? I am pretty sure I was using it last night with no problems, though it could be that I am in Mexico and its a different server.

Wooow... I have never seen google go down. Like everyone said, it is most probably your ISP. In case it is though, you can try google in other locations or just use a different search engine in the meantime like yahoo, or msn search. Did Gmail also go down for you? I am pretty sure I was using it last night with no problems, though it could be that I am in Mexico and its a different server.

gmail has been working great. The problem that i was having was googe search, google spell check, I couldn't access my adsense and adword accounts.

Every thing else works as it should. If it was a ISP proble, would I still be able to use every-other webpage in the world? I mean, while google was down, I resorted to yahoo and msn search. (I use search engines a lot for research)

so far, so good, today!

Thanks!

Anyone else notice the problem? Seems like 55 minutes out of every hour throught-out the day Google has been down, cannot connect to their server at all. Search engines are not working, spell check isn't working, can't access my adsense and analytics accounts.
This is getting old. I did a search on Yahoo! (because google was down) to see if there were any other user complaints. I didn't find any. I have 3 computers in my home and all three are having the same issue with google.

Anyone else notice anything funky with Google?

As you can probably tell, it's you and your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Get it sorted.

The idea to try a country specific Google was an ingenious idea that I don't think I would have thought of had mine gone down. At least now I will if the time ever comes. Oh, and just for a note, I use Google.ca (Canada) and haven't noticed anything wrong with it at all lately.It could be troubles with your service provider, because I know I used to have troubles like that where at different computers, I could get to the sites that I wanted, but from my own, things would be with more down time than up it seemed. Since then my troubles ended luckily, but that was just my experience with it.

hmm... Could it be that your Internet Service Provider are using proxies? And so anyone using the Internet service provider that you are using has the same IP address and maybe one of them could of tried to "hack" google and so got their IP temporarily banned, but because that person is using your internet service provider, maybe your internet service providers' IP got blocked. That could be the cause...