xisto Community
GrinningKittie

Can You Read In Your Dreams? Another hidden talent discussed here?

I'm a normal user at the Adult Swim message boards. I've fallen asleep in front of my laptop several times...and on some occasions I've had dreams posting on those boards. Hell I remember one dream where I was psychic posting. Like I saw a post by the admin and I replied without typing...I just thought about it. I remember reading stuff, but as to what they were, I have no clue.

I don't make it a point to read in my dreams but, yes, I can read in my dreams too.

Actually, I'd take the "you can't read in your dreams" theory with a grain of salt. I have yet to see scientists prove this objectively. The only material I have seen, which remotely supports this hypothesis, is an episode of Batman, the animated series, where the "genius" Bruce Wayne "knew" he was dreaming because he was unable to read.

Meh, seems like there's something we all can do that Batman can't <_<

no scientist can say i you cannot read while dreaming. Unless your someone in the ghost in the shell anime where you have a usb port in the back of your head <_< but seriously, scientist is clueless where dreams comes from. All of there evidence are just observations.they cannot even explain why sleep paralysis is occuring

Yeah, exactly.Personally I almost never read in my dreams, but I think that's just because I rarely dream and when I do there are usually no words in my dreams. Sometimes, though, I can control my actions perfectly in a dream, which shows that the brain must be somewhat functional.

few time i had dreams that i have exam and i have to study i opened books and i couldn't read it always makes me to panic lol. thats a proper nightmare.

Well, I dont remember reading in my dreams but I had many dreams like above. That I need to read or write something but I cant do it becasue... well... dream somehow not complete... it lack details, looks blurry, someone shaking my view, dark etc I cant describe it.

Anyhow, that gives me a lot stress. Then finally i realise "this is a dream, I dont need do this" BAM Im awake :)

The only things I can't read are like, books. I had a dream a while back about the fifth or sixth Harry Potter book. I had somehow gotten an advanced copy, and I couldn't read it. I just about threw a fit because I had gone to all that trouble to get it.

Reading in dreams...

Can You Read In Your Dreams?

Replying to GrinningKittie

I most definitely read in my dreams. Lately I have been having dreams about reading e-mails... But it's the way that I normally converse with those people. I have definitely checked my e-mail right away in the morning wondering if those people actually wrote some of those things to me...

-reply by Butterfly

i recently had this experience; it was about the name of a game i remembered but couldnt remember the name so the same day i had a dream where i saw and read the game's name but after a couple of days i forgot it ;). so yah you can read in dreams wether you'll remember what you read for a long time i'm not sure (maybe it's just me).

I've read in dreams before. Hell, I had a dream about talking on IRC, reading small pamphlets... signs. The thing is that when I can usually read in a dream, then go back and read it again, the sentence, word, whatever... changes a little. That's usually how I know that I'm dreaming.

I would think that any mental thing you are able to do in life, you would be able to do in your dream. The disparities are more likely to be among physical happenings; for instance, you may fly in your dreams but not in real life. But mental happenings are probably pretty similiar in both.

it happend last night

Can You Read In Your Dreams?

I was watching an old batman cartoon yesterday. It was the one where batman is stuck in a dream and realizes it because he can't read anything. And I thought to myself wait a second I've done that. Then just last night I was dreaming I had a newspaper that had a whole article about someone with my name living in Florida. I read just enough to see his name about 8 times and where he lived and looked at a picture, that is all I can remember getting out of it, but there were allot of real words on that page, that much I am certain of. I say you can read in your dreams, or at least I can.

-reply by Jason

I don't remember ever having a dream where I was trying to read anything, but maybe that's just because I don't read when I'm awake either so perhaps there's no reason to dream about it.There were times when I would play a video game for hours and just before I went to sleep I could see myself still playing and some parts of the game were text, but I don't think that counts as dreaming.However if I were to have a dream where I had to read some instructions, but I couldn't do that ... that would be one evil nightmare.

hahahaha it would be funny to dream of just sitting with a book and reading it hehe -So what was you dream last night? -Oh i was running in the woods then read this really interesting book from hed to toe! Then you wake up even more informed then when you went to bed. that's interesting. next thing we'll have advertisements in dreams, just like in that futurama episode! heheIt's a good thing we can't read in dreams, or solve math equations, because some students out there would get unfair advantage. :/And as someone put it, it would not be dream, it be nightmare!I can't read in dreams, unfortunately. but i can tell stories in it, things that happened to me in real life. i recently visited a plastic mould design factory, then I dreamt that I was telling my friend all about it.