xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
organized

Easy Cure For Depression?

The website http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ claims to hav a quick fix for getting rid of your depression by regulating your vitamin B intake. Personally I think it's crap because I could't find any scientific explanation that sounds valid for me. Has anyone heard (or even tried) this?I also heard that mind-training is probably the best way to get rid of a depression (so no vitamins), unless there's evidence of some biologic disorder. Does anyone know if that's true?

Well it all depends on the cause of the depression in the first place. Lets say you eat only junk food and no fresh veg, then yes vitamins will most likely help you to feel happier and more active. Maybe your favourite pet just died in which case you will need time to get over it. Maybe you have a chemical imbalance and so might need drugs to help, maybe you have a psychological problem and need counselling. Because there are so many causes there are also lots of solutions. Thing is with taking drugs, and i would imagine vitamins to some extent, is that unless its a vitamin deficiency or a chemical imbalance all the drugs/vits do is make you happy for a little while, they wont solve the root cause of anything. Its like putting a plaster over a bullet wound. It stops bleeding the damage is still there and eventually it will get you. The only thing you can do is treat he root cause and let the wound heal itself. Best thing to do with depression is find out the cause, if you cant find a cause, EG nothing bad has happened and your life is pretty good even though you might not think so, then you should see a doctor because in these cases its more likely to be a chemical problem and so easily treated. Of course if something bad has happened, or you had a really bad childhood still see your doctor and ask if he can refer you to a psychiatrist or therapist as he most likely wont be able to do much. Of course im not a Dr nor medically qualified, this is just based on what i think is right and the psychology i did at college (which wasnt much) so best advice, if you're looking for advice, is to see someone qualified.

The website http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ claims to hav a quick fix for getting rid of your depression by regulating your vitamin B intake. Personally I think it's crap because I could't find any scientific explanation that sounds valid for me. Has anyone heard (or even tried) this?
I also heard that mind-training is probably the best way to get rid of a depression (so no vitamins), unless there's evidence of some biologic disorder. Does anyone know if that's true?

There two differt type of depression: first - commonly used for describe a temporary depressed bad mood - obviously you have reason for this condition. second - clinical depression - serious illness - without external reason - need for doctor consultation and medical treatment because of high risk of suiside
What about vit B - I haven't met strong evidence, which prove it's efficacy against depression.
As for exercises - there are a lot evidences of it's efficacy in medical literature. Efficacy of exercises is very high. This was proved by big clinical studies based on strong statistics. For example: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ http://www.prolonglife.org/
Evolution created human body for permanent moving. Nowdays poeple have lack of physical action, this lead to many problems such as: obessety, cardio-vascular disease, depression and so on.

I have read a book which name is "psicofitness" by Italian brain doctor Dr. Giampaolo Perna (http://www.psicofitness.it/).One of the principal results that Dr. Penna obtained from his studies about depression was about aerobic workout.He realized that 20 minutes of aerobic exercises every day for a depress person has the same effect of taking a "proxac" pill.My advice to get rid of a depression is to start practising some sport.This method could be added to other methos as I think that every problem can be solved better if tackled in many ways simultaneously.

But you can always intake medicines like phenelzine,iproniazid,equanil.....on doctors advice which gives relief from depression and also hypertension....<_<

There are a lot of quick cures for depression that work--- for some. None work for all or even many.There are numerous causes of depression, some psychological (cognitive distortions, learned helplessness, emotional repression), some physiological (vitamin deficiency, lack of sleep). Every practitioner has his of her bias on what works best. Every case is different, but here are something that do work well:antidepressants (especially SSRIs, such as flouxetine)-- they have their disadvantages but they work.Cognitive Therapy- and related approaches such as cognitve-behavior, reality therapy, RETHypnosis- but only for a certain subsetExercise.For a small number vitamin B.The most important thing is to start to take some action to deal with and overcome it. The first approach might not be the one best for you.

What it comes down to is that there is NO "quick" and "easy cure" for depression. Any site that goes on like that with guarantees is full of itself. As pointed out before there are many reasons for depression and many combination reasons too.Chemical imbalancesChronic painEnvironmental factors (such as pet or relative dying as example)Sleep patternsEating habitsThe individual's ability to cope and adaptStress factorsActivity levelsPast issues that have not been healed ( incest, rape, abuse, betrayal etc)Blah blah blah blah......The best thing you can do is eat right, stay active, sleep good and see if you can figure out why you are feeling so down. If you can't pin point it then see a counselor or a doctor. If you see your doc and they prescribe meds feel free to play 20 questions with them. There are so many antidepressants out there now and new ones get pimped out quickly by the medical field even though they may not be the right one for you. Ask about side affects....common AND not so common. If you do start on a medicinal regime and you feel WORSE then let your doc know RIGHT away. Sometimes meds can make things WORSE if it is the wrong chemical or dosage.

shouldn't laughing be the quick fix for depression? ^_^ anyway, regulating vitamin b intake doesn't seem quick enough. It would still require time for the body to make adjustments.

mental depressions can be easily cured !!just follow the hi5 systemnever feel that you are greatnever under estimate othersjust feel the present never focus on pastnever focus on future by wasting the present timethats all

help with depression

Easy Cure For Depression?

Replying to shadowx

Well, I lost my Son , Dad, and gramma , My great paying job was sent to mexico in 2006, my unemployment has run out, no insurance, I am 62 years of age and no one wants to hire me, my Mom got sick in 2007 and I went to stay with her and she also died. I go to Mexico for my blood pressure pills, but cant get the ones for my depression. Anybody got any ideas.

Thanks

-question by Peggy

------------ Admin's Personal opinion-------

Make an arrangement for basic bread & Water.

Go to woods, spend time with birds, trees, rivers and everything you would had ever though is just beautiful.

Life has a lot more to offer than relationships, friends, caring, attention ......

Its time.. now that you live for yourself :-)

The way I see it,the best cure for depression is to keep busy.Keep your mind active.Try to focus on positice things also and not the negative.It sounds easier said than done but it's the way I try and deal with it.

When it comes right down to it, depression is mostly self-inflicted, though it is triggered by stimuli, and as such, it is also self-curing. One can laugh all day, take the said drug or spend time with everyone but if one does not want to forget the event in fear of doing that means forgetting the memory of the person involved then all of the above are useless.Different causes, different personalities, different approaches. For example, if I get depressed, I sulk in my room and sing sad songs for a while then I come out with a very big happy face. Others might want to talk about it. Others deal with it through working out. People depending on drugs for every problem they acquire will one day see that all chemical things taken in are useless unless they change themselves. In the end, it all boils down to resolve and will power.