xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
organized

Easy Cure For Depression?

To me it feels like the word 'depression' is thrown around and used casually too much. There's the general 'having a bad day, feeling down in the dumps' which many people refer to as depression now but depression is actually a medical condition requiring medical treatment.I haven't heard any specific evidence relating to Vitamin B intake, although perhaps it may help (slightly)In the end depression is dangerous and a doctors advice should be sought regarding it. These 'quick fixes' should not be relied on. They can be taken in addition (as long as your doctor agrees) to other treatments but they shouldn't be the first line of treatment that you go for.

The website http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ claims to hav a quick fix for getting rid of your depression by regulating your vitamin B intake. Personally I think it's crap because I could't find any scientific explanation that sounds valid for me. Has anyone heard (or even tried) this?
I also heard that mind-training is probably the best way to get rid of a depression (so no vitamins), unless there's evidence of some biologic disorder. Does anyone know if that's true?

Dear friend I don't every cure effects on all members alike. Sometimes on some persons only being with their family may get rid them of depression. It really depends from person to person that how a technique whether fast or slow one on a person. 

sometimes being with your family makes it worsechristmas tiem i feel so bluein every situation with my family each and everybody will "put on a mask" and play the blame game on somebodyold people speacially will compare you to some other fail kid who has had similar problemsfamily sometimes will gang up on a person if theyre down so they can feel better themselvesthis is just my point of view

Supposedly anti-depressants help, but then again a-lot of parents are worried about the high suicidal rate, there's a good reason for that. The Anti-depressants release they these neurotransmitters into your brain that give you a happy feeling when you do something that you wouldn't normally get if you weren't taking the depressant. Not all of the anti-depressants work in the same way, they all work on the brains chemistry differently you should try a sample of each and see which one gives you the best results before continuing the dosage after all your therapist can help you determine which one is best for you and your family physician.

Well to be honest with you and everyone here I have had to deal with Depression on and off all my life. Best thing that I have leared is being around other people. I know that sounds strange for someone that is and has battled depression but being around others will help to keep your head clear and off of things that you shouldnt think about if you know what I mean. Also having a hobby, something that you like to do and that will make you use not only your hands but also your mind. with me it is well weather. It will make you think twice because it can change in a heart beat.

To be quite frank, i don't think there is any *easy* cure for depression. Unless of course the depression is being caused by an external factor ( as in, perhaps its something in your environment which is causing the depression, otherwise it would be clinical or even seasonal )

if you do suffer from depression, the best advice i would have to give is something I heard a while ago ...that is.. before you give up on your day because of not feeling well, crummy, or up to par, realize that your mind can be imprisoning. Sometimes it just helps to go outside, breathe in fresh air and concentrate on the now.. instead of obstructing your potential by being contained within your fear. Be aware of your own triggers, the things that cause you to spiral into self-deprecating thoughts and feelings. Awareness is key. Remember you can do anything you put your mind to, and that includes rising above your supposed "faults"

Easiest way is go , have a bath ( if needed ) .. go to the open ( else to a place where you feel comfortable), sit read the Bible , and you will have the answer spoken to your inner heart , this is not just for Depression , for any problem in life :D and im sure.Sit , Pray and prayer can bring in miracles , no matter of what the depression is , Prayer is a communication between God and the individual.

Never mind the drugs being listed.Simply enough-- get in shape and exercise. Studies have shown that those who exercise regularly maintain not only a healthy body, but a healthy mind as well.Step one to depression: get out of the house and jog for a bit.