xisto Community
galexcd

How To Make A Website (If youre trying to drive people away from your site)

Well.. you forgot 1 very important feature of an animated site.. use <marquee> !! That's not much to load, so you can put as much as you want in your website, without that you have to care about bandwidth..Let texts move, let menu's scroll while the user scrolls, and add everywhere an: 'Add to favourites' button, even ask it when they leave the site!!Sure it works.. :lol:

very well said man. as experienced designers, it can be easy for us to forget the mistakes weve made in the past, and we dont realize that not everyone is a proffesional designer. that 3/4 of the people creating websites have never done it in the past

NIce tutuorial. But the persion who wants to know about a website and start developing it will be deceived by your tutorial.. Possiblity.You should have taken some time to explain more about the basics and need for a website... Even doing it now will not harm though...

Hah! I love it! :)Very nicely written, Im sure newbies to web design will be thrilled to have this as their guideline.... LOL

I like this post, as, even though its of no use to me, as, it could be used as a beginner as a guide to what not to do while designing web design.It might be a good idea, to change it so its a list of things not to do, and post it for beginner...I think i may just make a site like this!! I wouldn't ever have to pay for bandwidth.

Hahahah, this was like the funniest geek post on forums I have ever read, especially the IE, Java and frames parts, they are so [insert censored word here] AWESOME! :)

You need to make more of this [the thing that comes out of peoples' buts], because this is a very cool guide.

ps. I need to be careful at this forum so I censor my own words. :)

Ahah, this is hilarious!

I can't tell ya how many websites I've seen with such great work but poorly built pages.

What's even more frustrating is how people write out their messages. Usually they typ lyk dis cuz dey so beast lyk dat. Most of the time you could expect these kinds of sites on Freewebs, especially with their background music feature, which I hope they don't have anymore. :)

Whenever I hit a Freewebs site, the first thing I notice myself doing is scrolling down to PAUSE the BG music, even if the music file hasn't loaded yet.

It's like sometimes you wanna give them a big message saying "I have my own music to listen to, thank you very much. :)"

Ugh! I can't stand going on websites and theres like a ton of pop ups and everything is like "moving" on there site. I use to go to forum like that but I got so annoyed I stopped going to it haha.

Awesome!

I'm currently developing my first website and find myself constantly fighting the urge to add more More MORE !I reckon this guide will help to keep my feet on the ground though.

I'll be sure to spam you all with invitations for green-card lotteries and great prizes when I'm done - then everyone will want to visit...

-reply by sunks75

there are so many other ways like create distracting background, no-good content and colorful pages.But a bad website is not a 'truly effective website' but if it makes everyone laugh why not say it

This is, I must say, the BEST tutorial ever...Congratulations!I am thinking of website designing already before I get actual hosting, and I need some pointers to guide me to the right direction.I'll follow EVERYTHING on this tutorial to make my site popular!Lol... jokes.Actually, I do the opposite to everything it says in this tutorial.This is great!I still want to put some ads up though, hopefully I can convert it to myCENTS or just get it into the Xisto system.I don't have alot of free time to keep posting and all that, thought the forums are great and varies across lots of topics and crosses lots of boundaries.For example, I am interested in Science and Consciousness and all that, but not many people have forums like these, unless you search for them.But this site, Trap 17, do has a forum like that! It's very good and you can attract more people.I'm now wondering however whether it is possible to build a website that looks good with minimal knowledge on HTML, PHP, C++ and other scripts...I need help on all that.But good work on the tutorial! It's great!

Nice post! It will show people new to web design what not to do unless they want the site fail badly and that they should do the complete opposite. Also looks like some of the things that I did when first stating out is on there which is maybe why I didn't get many hits on my 1st website.I feel Ads are ok as long as they are not plastered over the whole site and are your own not ones forced by the host.