xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
coolcat50

Zymic Hosting

My experience with Zymic wasn't too good either. The first problem I had was with speed; it was extremely slow during the day. Then, there was the problem of MySQL database connectivity - I would often get the "Too many connections" error during peak hours... I'd have to keep refreshing the browser to finally get the page to work.I'd say Zymic is a place where you could upload your PHP scripts for testing during their off-peak hours, but then I could just as easily setup something on my own computer!

Zymic is a fairly decent host with a good amount of bandwith and storage available and is ad-free. It has a simple cPanel and does not really offer a lot of advanced features, but you do have PHP and MySQL with 5 MySQL Databases and Accounts available. They only allow one FTP username though, but all of your hosting accounts are linked to your Zymic account. They have PHP Safe Mode on though, so you might have some limited PHP features. I do not know about support because I have not really suffered much downtime and haven't needed it. You are able to have unlimited hosting accounts and you are able to use your own domain. A another feature they have that is pretty neat is PHPMyAdmin. I believe they are a good beginner's host or for personal websites. I am using it for a personal signature gallery to host my signatures without worrying about size as much.
Service 8/10
Support ?/10
Features 5/10
Overall 7/10

I love it being ad-free and having a lot of bandwith and disk space, but features just truly lack.

Xisto is awesome all the way, except for the not so high bandwith and disk space for 10 credit accounts. No biggy though.

I liked zymic at first....... I could get Phpbb3 running quite well, and the MySQL and PHPMyadmin was very well set up. Then, about 3 weeks ago, I was trying to design a forum for my friend.(Phpbb3) I had made about 4 or 5 forums, so I could set up these forums like nobody's buisness. When I entered the database username and password, it said "Error: could not acess database. Invalid username or password). Crap. I went to their MySQL database manager to see what was wrong. Looks like I hadn't assigned permission to the username of the database. Silly me. So I checked all the boxes. Full acess. Went back to phpbb3 and hit "continue". Same error. I went back, and realized that something was screwed up with Zymic. I clicked "assign privilages", but when I looked at the assigned privilages table, there were apparently no assigned privilages.

So basically, Zymic lacked the ability to assign permissions to the usernames of the databases. I emailed them TWICE about this issue, but did they respond? NOPE. I opened up new hosting accounts, but the same thing still happens. So I'm pretty ticked off that they can't even bother to help me. That's why I left Zymic for good.

Zymic probably died in pain with all our accounts!!!!Zymic Hosting

So I made my site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ that doesnt response cause there is an Proxy 502 error.I thought it's my fault for2 weeks, but they aren't responding, their admin either died - dorry for that - or they don't have money to support it. I would gave anything when it comes for cash, but how? I cant paywhen they discourage me by not solving the any, and any problem. I'm frustated, my visitors too, I'll say goodbye if they do so further ... Or I'll pay them if they need to solve it, but guys,do something, translate our wishes in english via translator if you don't can undertand us, cause you're chinese or somethin' ... Just do it, now. We'll be grateful. Rather to pay, than to fight with 1000 sites that go down!!

-reply by Mike

I've used Zymic for more than a year and a half. It looked really nice. I like how they designed their place, the subdomain names were nice, the space and bandwidth was awesome. Everything was good EXCEPT I had trouble connecting to FTP many times, so when I want to update my site, I can't. But that's not the worse part. It is ALWAYS down. Sometimes the sites would be offline for a day or 2, and it happens quite often. I've finally had it when the uuuq sites have been off for over 23 days (and still going.)Right now, I'm trying to find myself a better host. There's no point in hosting on Zymic if they can't even keep your sites up for a month without going down every time.

Zimic is a really good free hosting website..For a month now i have been using their space to test scripts and clones...The scripts hardly work on windows 7 IIS.... But i upload the scripts via ftp to zimic and every script functions perfectlyI give zymic 10/10 with the service they are providing... I Dont know anything about the customer support tho....

Zimic is a really good free hosting website..
For a month now i have been using their space to test scripts and clones...

The scripts hardly work on windows 7 IIS.... But i upload the scripts via ftp to zimic and every script functions perfectly

I give zymic 10/10 with the service they are providing... I Dont know anything about the customer support tho....

I always get a smile whenever I see people discussing other webhosts over here :) Zymic may be providing free webhosting but I wouldn't go around advertising it :P I'm content right here and if the community is buzzing with happy members then that's all I ask for.

I always get a smile whenever I see people discussing other webhosts over here :) Zymic may be providing free webhosting but I wouldn't go around advertising it :P I'm content right here and if the community is buzzing with happy members then that's all I ask for.

This is a discussion not advertising.....

"Advertising is a form of communication intended to persuade an audience (viewers, readers or listeners) to purchase or take some action upon products"

The above is what advertising is not when someone says something good about a website lol.... As i have mentioned i have just used some parts of the website and never have i posted any links nor have i asked any users to go on and join zimic........

Its a forum and we should share knowledge thats why people post on forums....

This is a discussion not advertising.....

"Advertising is a form of communication intended to persuade an audience (viewers, readers or listeners) to purchase or take some action upon products"

The above is what advertising is not when someone says something good about a website lol.... As i have mentioned i have just used some parts of the website and never have i posted any links nor have i asked any users to go on and join zimic........

Its a forum and we should share knowledge thats why people post on forums....

Ha ha cool down....I'm not blaming you or something like that - I'm fine with what people talk about other sites over here and about the advertising part - well, yours would be an unintentional advertisement, i.e, merely speaking about it "enlightens" the other people about that site, so in an indirect way, it is an advertisement :) Again, I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying, that's all!

Like zymic, even Xisto.net was used for the testing of scripts. I think that was the point because of which the registration system was integrated with forums with some sites. This is the reason the zymic is inactive or not in talks these days. They do have good server with scripts working most of the time but i guess they do monitor inactivity period as well. I got few test script sites terminated from that site. So for some people it may be a worst resource to host but it is good place to test script at least for me.

zymic is not that good, I found freei.me as the best free host on earth. They give the highest bandwidth and the greatest diskspace. The only drawback is that they use vistapanel instead of cpanel, but that is also not bad. But I am going with Xisto - Web Hosting now as they provide cpanel.

zymic is not that good, I found freei.me as the best free host on earth. They give the highest bandwidth and the greatest diskspace. The only drawback is that they use vistapanel instead of cpanel, but that is also not bad. But I am going with Xisto - Web Hosting now as they provide cpanel.

Hmm thanks for suggesting this new site. What they offer ? paid to post or simple free hosting ? i mean there has to be some catch like creating forum content for them or something else. By the way site's design look unprofessional, do you think signing up to such site worth it ?. I mean there is very less information provided on their site.

hello everyone,If you want a website which is online 20% or less of the time, unresponsive support...then by all means, use Zymic...they answer bs, they are the worst, absolutely the worst and most unreliable service on the web...its free...but its free "dookie " excuse the language. I almost lost 11 years of hard work because of this jokers...never again.Dont try zymic...unless you want to spend angry hours, rude, useless admins and support...at least they could have been smart and and given a paid option which would have been more reliable.Pls. advise of any good free webhosting site...one that ideally still uses html...I hate...hate, hate FTP.

Since 2007, Hostings House has been rapidly boosting its reputation in the e-services sector as a provider of diverse and exceptional expertise. We have equipped and geared ourselves for being the first and last stop for our clients and to promote the growth of their entity and enterprise by providing comprehensive solutions. From domain registration and web hosting (both Linux Hosting and Windows Hosting) to website design and development (both E-commerce and non-commercial), our clients are served in a wholesome manner. We provide the most secure, flexible and affordable hosting and SSL in the industry and also offer our clients a bigger share of the pie then ever. Our reseller hosting packages are the best currently being offered and are a hassle free and quick means of generating income without any major investment of time or money. So if you are looking to register domains or secure web hosting, or get your website designed and developed, or have all these and more - choose Hostings House as your first and last stop! And that is just the beginning of what we have to offer. From brand launching to business promotion, we will provide you a wide range of e-marketing options that include email marketing, SMS marketing, advertising on search engines and social forums, and newletter design. We won't just make your website, we will also make sure millions get to see it. Our search engine optimization experts will carry out on-page optimization and off-page link building that will constantly keep your site popping up on the first pages. This and a lot more will be offered to you at the most competitive quality and price. We invest in our clients through our optimal service and build relations of mutual trust and benefit that will reap rewards not just in the short-term but also far beyond. Try us, and soon you will be convincing others to get their website designed, developed, registered and hosted by Hostings House. We invest in our clients in the long term through our on-going technical support and by educating them about new possibilities of growth and expansion. This has been the secret of our success! Our efficient domain registration, unlimited hosting, attractive logo designs, web designs and expert web development set the standards in the industry! We strive to succeed, always!