xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
coolcat50

Zymic Hosting

I have been trying zymic for days..and in my short expirience is not a really good Host, sure they give you a lot of space and bandwith but that doesnt mean everything. I tried ftp with filezilla, dreamweaver, and it just doesnt work, I only wanted to make a blog/social network thing to allow my new generation a means of comunication and sharing, but without the hassle of the university overloaded bandwith. By the way we are the first generation of the ROBOTICS undergraduate degree in Mexico. That I know off only a few universities in the world give this as a major.

I have used Zymic too.Is this a joke or what?It does indeed look attractive, loads of web space, loads of bandwidth, but what good are those things if you cannot access your site most of the time?Or if you cannot edit your site because the FTP will not let you through.Furthermore, support is a joke, either they do not know what they are talking about or they just do not answer you.The only way you have to get an answer to your questions is their forum.Then there is also the restriction of the file types you can upload.While I know some hosting companies are weary about letting people upload .mp3 files (mostly for copyright reasons), Zymic have a load of different file types they do not allow you to upload.It is definitely a waste of space, with lots of beautiful, but empty promises.

good free hosting?

Zymic Hosting

Hi

I Have use zymic for 5 months

Ussually I can't connect to my site

So I think, zymic is not good web host

Can you give suggest to me

A good free web host that can work well

Sory for my bad english.

Thanks so much

-question by fauzan

Try: http://www.guide2host.com

good free hosting?

Zymic Hosting

Hi

I Have use zymic for 5 months

Ussually I can't connect to my site

So I think, zymic is not good web host

Can you give suggest to me

A good free web host that can work well

Sory for my bad english.

Thanks so much

-reply by fauzan

---------------

http://www.guide2host.com

I started with zymic nearly 6 month ago initially they were vary good. They have lot of space and bandwidth but they have lot of restrictions. They promise for 99.9% uptime but these days they have lot of downtime and most of the time they have different issues.

I have been registered with zymic a few months now, but when I officially try to use it. IE upload my site etc. It doesn't want to work. The initial upload went without a hitch. I'm thinking great! Well I try to overwrite a file with an updated file and it's a no go. I can't even upload with the file manager as the javascripts aren't working. Neither are the java scripts in my site working with them. Needless to say I am very displeased with Zymic overall. A shame really, I liked the name.So pros and cons? Pro: Cool name. Con: Random subdomains, you never know what your gonna get. Pro: Lotsa space, bandwidth. Con: Lotsa downtime. Pro: Decent features, Mysql, etc. Con: They do you no good if they aren't working. 2/10

Edited by Zeyomie (see edit history)

The FTP uploading issue should be fixed by morning. As for the other control panel issues I'm not sure about when they will be fixed.

Super uber support there folks! The FTP has been broken for over 4 days now. Whats another day hmm? And whoa, what about the missing servers, and the java script problems. Guess those will be next year? Totally the place to go if you don't want to update your website. /Ever/

Zymic is a fairly decent host with a good amount of bandwith and storage available and is ad-free. It has a simple cPanel and does not really offer a lot of advanced features, but you do have PHP and MySQL with 5 MySQL Databases and Accounts available. They only allow one FTP username though, but all of your hosting accounts are linked to your Zymic account. They have PHP Safe Mode on though, so you might have some limited PHP features. I do not know about support because I have not really suffered much downtime and haven't needed it. You are able to have unlimited hosting accounts and you are able to use your own domain. A another feature they have that is pretty neat is PHPMyAdmin. I believe they are a good beginner's host or for personal websites. I am using it for a personal signature gallery to host my signatures without worrying about size as much.
Service 8/10
Support ?/10
Features 5/10
Overall 7/10

I love it being ad-free and having a lot of bandwith and disk space, but features just truly lack.

Xisto is awesome all the way, except for the not so high bandwith and disk space for 10 credit accounts. No biggy though.

Dear friend unfortunately I was having a really bad experience with them I have started my host previously out there but within some days I dont why the account was currupted or what I don't know what but its completely not working now. So I would not like to prefer it any more as not even trustworthy. 

Yeah, Zymic.com is awsome, they give 6GB and you don't have to pay for anything(unlike 110mb.com, where you have to pay if you want to use MySQL). Once I couldn't connect via FTP and couldn't do any site updates, but that was fixed in like day or two. I was wondering, is it possible to buy a domain from Xisto - Support.com, and than just point the nameservers to ns1.uuuq.com and ns2.uuuq.com, and than go to your Zymic control panel, and do 'Add a custom domain', and than you just add, for example yoursite.com, will everything be fixed? If I write yoursite.com, will yoursite.uuuq.com appear(badly said)? How does this thing works?And yes, I think Zymic's support service is great as well, they always answer, and your site loads faster than 000webhost.com and 110mb.com(I made a small test, correct me if I'm wrong).

I signed up with Zymic a few days ago. Uploaded via Dreamweaver with no problems...then Zymic crashed...but they came back a day later and was able to update site. I tried signing on with other free hosting sites but Zymic was very easy by comparison. Only Freehost10 made it fairly simple and I duped the site there to hopefully ensure the site can be viewed in one place or another.Free hosting...without banners...well, I think you need to be a bit patient and not be so fast to criticize a free service. They will all be lacking in one way or another compared to paid hosting...but if you ever visit paid hosting complaint forums you'll see many similar complaints. So, I'm not going to complain about Zymic. If you go free then go for two sites.Also, because Dreamweaver had trouble uploading I tried out Filezilla and it was a lot easier to do than a few of the FTP client softwares I tried.Be patient with free stuff...Zymic is trying..I'm up and running again and thankful.

It was one of my first but I was always getting errors and ping in any thing I was making from upload to simple log in into my account. But that was like 3 or more months ago. They didn't seem to have banners and their support service lacks. I tend to say that Xisto is the best free web hosting even if I didn't bought any service yet.Cheers!

Another case of a host overselling it's service to an outrageous point, and the people who are hosted with them ultimately feel the wrath. If it's TOO good to be true, it probably is. The reason Xisto is able to do what it does is because.1. Opaque ACTUALLY cares. Unlike hundreds and thousands of other hosts' owners who do not care about the people they host.2. Posting, in turn, earns you Mycent which helps fuel the Trap forums.So yeah... make sure you know who you host with. There are tons of crappy hosts who say they can offer you great web features, when they really can't offer you CRAP.