xisto Community
OpaQue

Important Nameserver Update

Nameserver Changes need to be done at the spot where you Purchased or Registered your Domain Name.Example: GoDaddy, Yahoo, Xisto - Domains, etc. There * should * be a place to unlock the Domain and modify the Nameserver Information.Change the information as per above.

darn! :o i am using a uni.cc "domain" (well, it's technically a subdomain but with DNS features), which i acquired 4 years ago using now-defunct email addresses (a yahoo primary address and a lycos.co.uk secondary address, both of which had since ceased to exist since i didn't regularly check them after moving on to gmail). this advisory was a regal shocker since i now have no idea what my uni.cc login details are, and a lost password retrieval option is out of the question, not with dead email addresses!!! :(

since i didn't keep track of my uni.cc login details, i have to do several trial and errors to remember my login and password. i'll keep my fingers crossed that i will be able to shake my gray brain cells and succeed in remembering a lost 4-year old uni.cc-related memory, and subsequently make the nameserver changes in time....

speaking of time, when will the old nameservers (ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com) cease to function???

kindly give us a timetable opaque/velma. thanks! :D i will post an update by the time i can crack my head open with regards to my uni.cc problem. :(

---

update: i finally figured out my uni.cc login details, and successfully implemented the nameserver changes on my end. :D phew! that was a close call :( i was beginning to dread the possibility i had to change domains altogether. :( anyway, i think the question on the timetable i posited above is still a valid question/concern for all others who are still to make their own DNS changes.

Either I just swallowed a placebo or my website is loading faster after initiating the namesaver change to Xisto - Web Hosting. What I'm trying to say is, my readers and I appreciate the effect this upgrade has already had on my site. And I certainly look forward to the prospect of increased security and uptime.Keep up the great work, Opaque, and thank you for continuing to offer world class web-hosting at a price that literally can't be beat!

I have a few questions; how long do we actually have to change this?
If we do not change this, then will our sites stop working?

It's good that Xisto are still continuing to improve their services and are devoted to us.

If you do not change it, your site will stop working in future without notice because of any DNS changes we might take from our end. The new nameservers are the only nameservers which will be up-to-date with the information it needs to have about your website.

Yeah, I got an e-mail about this. But I have the SUB-DOMAIN, so I should be in the clear, right?
Good feature though, is going to improve alot of things, nice desicion.

This update does not affect sub-domains :o

I have Plan 3S with Xisto - Web Hosting. I do not know where I am supposed to go to update my nameservers. I the Client Login, I can check and see what these are currently, but I have no option to change this. Is this in CPanel? Is there another administration area that I am not aware of?

If this site is registered by Xisto - Web Hosting.com, you will have a login to Xisto - Domains to change your NS. (if you don't, send us a ticket with your domain name. We will change and send you the login details)
If your site has been registered by some other third party domain registrar, Please login to their Control panel and make the nameserver change as requested :D

i have the sam questions and afew moor like
i did the dns update today and it will take 24 H to get changed

so what is goning to hapins at that time

i did the change at my free domin control panel so what if my site get down after the update

and do we need to do any thing at the cpanel

or just update the dns and every thing else should be fine

i have did this now

Usually DNS updates get the site down for atleast 5-6 hours. Thanks to the expertise of my team, we developed a script to add extra DNS extries for Nameservers so that, your site has 0 downtime.

Either I just swallowed a placebo or my website is loading faster after initiating the namesaver change to Xisto - Web Hosting. What I'm trying to say is, my readers and I appreciate the effect this upgrade has already had on my site. And I certainly look forward to the prospect of increased security and uptime.
Keep up the great work, Opaque, and thank you for continuing to offer world class web-hosting at a price that literally can't be beat!

The difference thats going to happen now is, your initial request of Webpage would be answered by the server at ThePlanet which is highly optimized for US/UK Traffic. After this, you will be bought to our server.

This update should affect the look-up time + reliability of our Nameservers.

Well in your case it would be instant since your not hosted nor do you have a domain that is pointed to the new name servers. Of course if you do purchase a domain outside the xisto network it takes up to 72 hours for your domain to be fully integrated with your hosting account.

It's great to hear that you guys are working to make this community better and are still providing this all free. I've been to many other website hosting solutions and believe me that they are a nightmate compared to this one.GO Xisto...Thanks for doing this for us, you guys are the best.

Oh nice to hear.... :lol: i am always checking up on these forums... u see im new here. My mate variablez recommended and i just wanted to say how good this site woz. its reeeeally kool. anyway. thanks for the notice and im here to tell you. i will be back for you! Lol bye.