xisto Community
OpaQue

Important Nameserver Update

Dear Members,

In our ongoing efforts to make our services more reliable and simple, We have made an important DNS move for better uptime of our services. We request you to change your Primary Nameserver by logging into your Domain Control Panel. We regret the inconvenience due to this DNS move but this is very necessary for improving our DNS system.

Benefits of this move:-

Reduced DNS Failure (Especially North America)

Server at ThePlanet Datacenter.

Better Protection & Safety for DNS records.

Incase of any server failure in our cluster, DNS will not fail.

Seperate Server for DNS to help us handle DDOS attacks in peace :-)

Xisto.com

Members having SUB-DOMAINS i.e. xxxxxxxx.trap17.com need not worry about this update.

Members having Domains need to change the Nameservers as mentioned :-

Change:

NS1.TRAP17.COM => 64.69.35.170

To:

NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM => 67.19.253.52

Change:

NS2.TRAP17.COM => 64.69.35.177

To:

NS2.COMPUTINGHOST.COM => 64.69.35.177

Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Sincerely,

Shridhar M. Pare

Owner / Founder

Xisto Corporation

-- View the Full News Article here --

https://support.xisto.com/index.php?_m=ns&newsid=10

Ok, please help. I have no idea what this all means. I'm about to panic. Please tell my my web site is not going to crash/dissapear/vanish off the face of the web.I went into free domain control panel, when I tried to log in I couldn't get logged in. I tried to get my password and was told I was not registered user.updateI went to Network Solutions and tried to change it and got thisHost name invalid.Invalid character(s) or format entered. Use only alphanumeric and dash (-) between dotsName Server 1: Select from existing name servers:NS1.TRAP17.COM NS2.TRAP17.COM Host name invalid.Invalid character(s) or format entered. Use only alphanumeric and dash (-) between dotsName Server 2: Select from existing name servers:NS1.TRAP17.COM NS2.TRAP17.COM I had changed the NS1.trap17.com to NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM => 67.19.253.52and the second to NS2.COMPUTINGHOST.COM => 64.69.35.177What am I doing wrong?????

Edited by sheepdog (see edit history)

First off this may be a mistype lets see whats Opaque replies and this only effects you if you have a tld domain like .com/.net/.orgIf you are under a subdomain this doesnt effect you

Is NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM correct or is supposed to be NS1.COMPUTINGHOST.COM?

NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM IS CORRECT :-)

(SORRY FOR SIZE N CAPS, BUT WAS NECESSARY)

Really? How odd. GoDaddy won't let me do it like that, but since I haven't been able to access cpanel yet it's not exactly a huge deal. Is there any reason it's not following normal conventions?

Thanks Opaque for continuing to improve the Service and Features here at the Xisto.I have a question about this nameserver Change process:Should this nameserver change be done for add-on and Parked Domains?

This is great! As always, OpaQue and Xisto keep bringing us great stuff every once in a while... This is just great...I have one question though (and it may be stupid and retarded):I have a TLD (.net), and I used "Change domain" option here on Xisto (https://support.xisto.com/) (actuallt BuffaloHELP helped me with that, thanks!)... Now, how do I change nameservers? Is there some section here on Xisto management system, that will let me edit my DNS records? I registered through a reseller (my ISP actualy), and they don't provide control panel for domains, that are not hosted with them, they say I must edit my records here, on Xisto, but I haven't seen such an option...Can someone help? How DO I change my name servers for the domain I own/

Should this nameserver change be done for add-on and Parked Domains?

Yes, you will have to make the changes for the parked, add-on and Parked domains :)

Galahad, I am a bit confused by your question, to get your nameservers changed to the new one all that you have to do is ask your domain registrar ( the company that registered your domain) ask them to change the nameservers, The Ip address of the nameservers are not needed

If your domain is registered through Xisto - Domains then please send an email to our support department at SUPPORT AT Xisto DOT COM and I will change the nameservers :)

Great update! I'm sure that this will increase the speeds of our website propagating as well..

A little small problem I had was changing the nameservers. With a lot of domain registrants you can't have IP nameservers. This includes xidomain.com How do we work around it?

IP address is required by very hosts. They operate through NS Name itself. So, with registrars like Xisto - Domains, ignore IP. You need not enter it.

Ok, please help. I have no idea what this all means. I'm about to panic. Please tell my my web site is not going to crash/dissapear/vanish off the face of the web.

I went into free domain control panel, when I tried to log in I couldn't get logged in. I tried to get my password and was told I was not registered user.

update

I went to Network Solutions and tried to change it and got this

Host name invalid.

Invalid character(s) or format entered. Use only alphanumeric and dash (-) between dots

Name Server 1: Select from existing name servers:NS1.TRAP17.COM

NS2.TRAP17.COM

Host name invalid.

Invalid character(s) or format entered. Use only alphanumeric and dash (-) between dots

Name Server 2: Select from existing name servers:NS1.TRAP17.COM

NS2.TRAP17.COM

I had changed the NS1.trap17.com to NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM => 67.19.253.52

and the second to NS2.COMPUTINGHOST.COM => 64.69.35.177

What am I doing wrong?????

Just enter :-

ns.computinghost.com

ns2.computinghost.com

If it does not accept, Try again now. :)

This is great! As always, OpaQue and Xisto keep bringing us great stuff every once in a while... This is just great...

I have one question though (and it may be stupid and retarded):

I have a TLD (.net), and I used "Change domain" option here on Xisto (https://support.xisto.com/) (actuallt BuffaloHELP helped me with that, thanks!)... Now, how do I change nameservers? Is there some section here on Xisto management system, that will let me edit my DNS records? I registered through a reseller (my ISP actualy), and they don't provide control panel for domains, that are not hosted with them, they say I must edit my records here, on Xisto, but I haven't seen such an option...

Can someone help? How DO I change my name servers for the domain I own/

"I registered through a reseller" => Ask this reseller to change your nameservers to :-

ns.computinghost.com

ns2.computinghost.com

I have a few questions; how long do we actually have to change this?If we do not change this, then will our sites stop working?It's good that Xisto are still continuing to improve their services and are devoted to us.

I have Plan 3S with Xisto - Web Hosting. I do not know where I am supposed to go to update my nameservers. I the Client Login, I can check and see what these are currently, but I have no option to change this. Is this in CPanel? Is there another administration area that I am not aware of?

I have a few questions; how long do we actually have to change this?
If we do not change this, then will our sites stop working?

It's good that Xisto are still continuing to improve their services and are devoted to us.

i have the sam questions and afew moor like

i did the dns update today and it will take 24 H to get changed

so what is goning to hapins at that time

i did the change at my free domin control panel so what if my site get down after the update

what should i do

and when .
when should every one update them dns records

is their is a time limet for the frist dns to work

and do we need to do any thing at the cpanel

or just update the dns and every thing else should be fine

i have did this now

hop that tomoro i will see my site still up and runing