xisto Community
sheepdog

I Hate Winter!

It isn't really the cold so much that bothers me, it's all the things that the cold causes. I can bundle up in enough clothes to deal with the cold, but then there is the problem with even that. Laundry! Tons of it! Stop and think about how much more room in the washing machine it takes to do sweat shirt and pants, T shirt, compared to my summer time tank top and shorts. (not to mention the bigger piles you have to trip over until you get around to washing them. :) ) Of course, our little dog likes the big laundry pile by the bed, it gives her a nice soft cozy place to sleep in. Then there is the water situation. It's wonderful free flowing summer time form turns to ice in the winter and creates a whole new world of problems. Last week we spent most of one day just trying to get things situated to where we could actually do the daily routine. Frozen hoses, (even though we carefully stretche them out and drain them when we finish with them) frozen pipes under the kennel, hot water heater frozen up, then fixing broken pipes that went to spewing water when we did get them thawed out. Even though we have numerous frost proof water hydrants, when it gets really cold, even they freeze up. And there's all that dang ice in the animals water pans. If you try to beat it out of the pan, all you end up with is a very dented up pan. You have to either lug them inside where it is warm, or turn them over and run water on the bottom, (that is if you have the water going) to thaw them out so you can refill them so they can freeze again. Then there are the mirad of other minor annoyances, the cold natured 4 wheeler that takes forever to warm up so you can use it, the dog poops that freeze to the ground makeing even poop scooping a challenge, the ice slick you get when hosing out the concrete dog runs that you can break you neck negotiating. Chopping ice on the pond adds another chore, not to mention the cutting,hauling, splitting and skoking of the wood furnace, and of course, hauling off the ashes. Winter is just way too much work.

i hate winter it is too cold for me. its boring because it too cold to go out and gets dark so early. the only goood thing is the fact i get to try out my new socks which are very thick and warm, they are blue and green. the worst thing would be that you can never get warm enough in your house. but i guess my xbox 360 gets a good use being inside all day playing on it or on the computer that is a upside of it.

It sounds like you have had a bad winter.I don't really mind winter, though I hate having a bad cold and cough like I have. I like it when it snows, and the air feels crisp compared to summer. It's not that I prefer winter to summer, they are on a par. I like them both.But I couldn't live with winter 265 days a year. 3 months would be perfect. :)

I don't think winter's that bad. It's one of my four favorite seasons!Yeah, I end up getting nose bleeds and chapped lips and I get sick a lot more often during the winter, but I don't really care! I've taught myself to like the cold. The nose bleeds and chapped lips aren't so bad, and whenever I get sick, I get a cool low voice so I sound like some kind of radio announcer.All you have to do is look at the bright side.Although the fact that the sun reflects off the snow is pretty annoying, too.

For me winter is cool but I think that it's because I'm in Costa Rica and temperatures are always over 10? C, I prefer winter, 'cause I like being on bed lol...but I think that a winter in the U.S or similar might be really bad, maybe at the beginning it's cool but some weeks and you'll be freaked out.

It isn't really the cold so much that bothers me, it's all the things that the cold causes. I can bundle up in enough clothes to deal with the cold, but then there is the problem with even that. Laundry! Tons of it! Stop and think about how much more room in the washing machine it takes to do sweat shirt and pants, T shirt, compared to my summer time tank top and shorts. (not to mention the bigger piles you have to trip over until you get around to washing them. :P ) Of course, our little dog likes the big laundry pile by the bed, it gives her a nice soft cozy place to sleep in.
Then there is the water situation. It's wonderful free flowing summer time form turns to ice in the winter and creates a whole new world of problems. Last week we spent most of one day just trying to get things situated to where we could actually do the daily routine. Frozen hoses, (even though we carefully stretche them out and drain them when we finish with them) frozen pipes under the kennel, hot water heater frozen up, then fixing broken pipes that went to spewing water when we did get them thawed out. Even though we have numerous frost proof water hydrants, when it gets really cold, even they freeze up. And there's all that dang ice in the animals water pans. If you try to beat it out of the pan, all you end up with is a very dented up pan. You have to either lug them inside where it is warm, or turn them over and run water on the bottom, (that is if you have the water going) to thaw them out so you can refill them so they can freeze again.

Then there are the mirad of other minor annoyances, the cold natured 4 wheeler that takes forever to warm up so you can use it, the dog poops that freeze to the ground makeing even poop scooping a challenge, the ice slick you get when hosing out the concrete dog runs that you can break you neck negotiating. Chopping ice on the pond adds another chore, not to mention the cutting,hauling, splitting and skoking of the wood furnace, and of course, hauling off the ashes.

Winter is just way too much work.

I looove Winter! In fact I wrote a poem about it in the forums somewhere! I love the nice cold breeze while looking at all the spirit and Christmas decorations! I love the dramatic icy trees that seem to want to give you a hug :P. I just love sitting by the hugging warm fire with a steamy cup of hot chocolate listening to holiday movies. Winter is my favorite season. Winter is starting to be less good I think becuase of all the stupid companies talking about Winter, and holiday savings! It drives me crazy! Save it for Summer! Anyways Winter will always be my source of inspiration of which will hopfully never dissapear. I look forward to the next Winter when it is Spring. I am not a poem emo, a goth, or anything like that I am just a person looking for joy and inspiration. And then there is Winter. I don't have to do laundy so I probably wouldn't know to many downsides :D ! But I give you my regards, happy holidays, and Welcome to Winter!

I'm with armynavy123 here. I love winter, it is an absolutely incredible season. I love watching the first snow, and walking around on a moonlit night with a snow everywhere is amazing. It's so bright, the snow lightens everything up and makes it seem more cheery. I love to walk on the snow covered river in the middle of the night, it's so bright you could read, and it's beautiful! There is not much I look forward to more than the Christmas season, I am not a religious person, and don't celebrate the season for religious reasons, but I love the holidays nonetheless. I love putting up Christmas decorations, and going around and looking at the beautiful decorations put up by some people. Where I live, the "Natives" don't have to pay for electricity, so it's a tradition for almost their entire community to do some really extraordinary outdoor christmas decorations. They invite people from all over to look at them, as their gift to us. It's a treat to go around every year and look at them. Now days, with energy saving bulbs, it doesn't cost too much to have lots of lights, but the tradition started when it was quite expensive to have a lot of lights.

I'm fine with Winter. Where I live up in the Frozen North, you need to be okay with it. We get 6 months of winter and 6 months of tough sledding around here. Snow blowers are used more than the lawn mower in any given year. And I can't say that I love it, but I can deal with it. Having so much winter around is one way to thin out the crowds. :P

Mmm... dont like winter particularly much, in Australia all you get is dreary looking days. Although i do sleep much easier in winter so its not all bad.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Winter in asia (especially India) is just fine. You get some Cold after 6PM to Morning 8-9am. In some places in india, there is complete whiteout upto 10am or more. In day time there is also heavy sunlight which is good i think. We don't have snow here but the level of cold we get at some places makes it hard to see the road sometimes. I like winter cause it is refreshing and most of the time i feel sleepy in this season which is rare in other seasons. :P

Aww you all should not ever hate the winter, Yes it can be cold and nasty as to where you can not get out and do anything but it also can be so beautiful. I mean think of this. A beautiful crisp morning, the sun just coming up over a snow covered field. there no tracks on it at all. the sun hitting the snow crystals making so many different colors of the rainbow. You put on your heavy clothes and step outside into your own little winter wonderland. so quiet. not a sound to be heard for miles. So you see, winter can be something not to hate my friends but something to enjoy. A good snow of the winter can bring out the kid in us all.

Winter is a nice season. Meteorological winter is the season having the shortest days , which have the cold weather days. This corresponds to the months of December, January and February in the Northern Hemisphere, and June, July and August in the Southern Hemisphere. The coldest average temperatures of the season are seen in January in the Northern hemisphere and in June or July in the Southern hemisphere. Storms often develop and cause many transportation delays. Winter is a beautiful season, but it is having less cold days due to climate changes. I prefer living in winter. You get in your bedroom warm and watch movies. In general you get better sleep in winter, as the night is long and no problems with swelling. Why do u hate winter, then?? I would say that the only negative aspect of winter, is getting a cold or getting flu.

I just think of winter as being 4 horrible months to get through.We're halfway through the first one, then come the two reallyhorrible ones(January,February). March is the month I alwaysanticipate and wait for the spring, feeling it's not that muchmore of a wait.Then in April and May there is tons of rain, and then often, incredibly humidhot weather in July and August. September is the only month that is consistentlygood here. October and November are full of rain too. Some places just have bad weather just about year round really.