xisto Community
polter

Dinosaurs Never Existed - My Idea

I think all these dinosaur skeletons put up in museums were created and designed (rearranged) by the so-called archaeologists to earn fame and frighten little kids. I think dinosaurs never existed, they are just imaginations of mad men running wild. :(

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I guess looking into facts might just be a bit of a help? :(

But in your perspective, it could be the goverment planning fake bones and all of these non sense paying paleontologists to shut their mouths and keep it top secret. You'll never know :(

I can't think of a reason why the government would do something like that. That too all the world governments together.

Exactly! :) There are also some people in the forum who wants to nuke the sun. Nuke the sun? now that's more incredible than saying dinosaurs never existed.

That topic was worth discussing like the sucking of light topic, it was just discussion as to what would happen. This was plain rubbish.

What would be the reasoning behind faking dinosaurs? Its not like there being no dinosaurs would seriously affect mankind in any way (except for the non-existance of paleontology). That would be a waste of money and time for little to no gain.

Paleontology would still exist, if not Dinosaurs, there are many other extinct animal fossils to be studied.

some loser scientist with really bad eyesight saw a lizard upclose (or was it a croc or gator?) well, that's how the dinosaur legends all started. That is according to my grandma. Trust me, she's hardly ever wrong.

No scientist ever saw a Dinosaur. And there was never a legend, unlike the legend of Dragons and I was watching this show some years back where they showed that some new fossils discovered might just be Dragons.

But I think Dinosaurs existed millions of years ago,though I haven't seen them but I believe in them.They vanished when a huge meteorite struck the earths surface,due to which there was a huge destruction.

Approximately 65 million years. Their extinction is still debatable though. :\

Ok, people let's not go too far with this. I started this topic just for good fun. There are a lot of theories regarding our universe and no one can say this particular idea is the one that holds credit. Any type of theory, no matter how absurd it is, should not be rejected without a second glance, but rather ooked into from a rational point of view. for instance, no human being's actually seen a dinosaur, right? And no one's actually nuked the sun. So these are just theories, without proof. But they exercise your imagination and creativity, so that's why they are worth discussing.

I would like to see some evidence on the original "theory".What makes you think this is real. You have an idea now research it form as many different views as you can, write a hypothesis and then I'll give it a look at.Right now i believe that you must be joking to put forward such a ridulous and ludicrous scandal of an idea. Paleontologists, innocent paleontologists (if they are innocent) could be very offended by your ideas. And as we all know in this day and age offending any group of people is the worst possible thing you could ever ever do.The world fails at life.

You are joking right? Of course they existed.Nothing like this could go un-found-out for so long. Someone would have stumbled upon it. Good luck convincing millions of highly qualified scientists of this theory, with no proof.

In some countries, children are taught that dinosaurs still do exist, and that they were created by the Americans to destroy them. So maybe there is something behind this theory, and something behind this propaganda.

I think all these dinosaur skeletons put up in museums were created and designed (rearranged) by the so-called archaeologists to earn fame and frighten little kids. I think dinosaurs never existed, they are just imaginations of mad men running wild. :)

Dinosaurs do exsist, the archaeologists don't get paid that much and if tehy do they have to back it up with tons of evidence. Otherwise people who are going to pay them, just aren't going to waste their money. How much money are dinosaurs fossils? Not that much to make this huge cover up to earn a little bit more money.

Dinosaurs are true, with the evidence they have now it can be proven. Untill their is hard evidence to prove it isn't true, then i'll start believing.

Would be funny though if it was all fake, but I hoenstly doubt it. To much time and preparation, far to much effort required.

Archaeology is a branch of Anthropology which is the study of the human species, it's cultures and history. An archaeologist wouldn't give *BLEEP* all about dinosaur bones. That would be a palaeontologist.

Dinosaurs never existed - you are actually correct, although no one will believe you. The human species is much older than historians agree to admit. The large FOSSILS are in fact, Art. They were created by humans.Today, we are not dealing with bones at all. These artifacts are "stone" fossils.They will never be able to pull DNA samples from them - as they were never living creators at all.

I agree, Dinos are fake. There is no proof they ever existed. These recreations we have are nothing more than art. As for carbon dating, that's fake too. I rember reading about a live snail being carbon dated. It showed to be 17 million years old. I also rember reading about a Lama being carbon dated. Its bones were striped of fleshand it dried in the sun for two months. The lama was carbon dated to be 11 million years old. I do not believe these men can dated anything with this system and be on the money, if you get my drift.

I really don't this that is viable. The reason why is that the first person that discovered bones was actually a teenager and hence she would not have the skills or anything to create fake bones and also it was known that these bones were found lying around everywhere and its just that she was the first person to had a brainstorm and figured out that these random bones lying around actually fitted together. :)

I think Dinosaurs have existed...Maybe not exactly how people described them and maybe not with little "peanutbrains" but it's too extensive to be a hoax.I agree with carbondating being inefficient and messed up, so maybe they were extinct closer to our time then archealogists "dated".

Of course Dinosaurs existed. How on earth would they have managed to keep silent all those people from all over the world that have dug up dinosaur bones, handled the bones, carbon dated them and put up the displays in the museums? Just can't happen. They are real. Just extinct. Like a lot of other animals that we do know for sure did exist, that are now extinct. Doo Doo Birds, passenger pigeons, and prarie chickens, all can be proven to have existed in written memory, but are gone now. Dionsaurs have just been gone longer and we only have fossils to know they were here at one time.

I don't believe dinosaurs ever existed. Paleontologists don't just "study" dinosaurs. They study all types of fossils some of which are real. The first dinosaur bone was not "discovered" until the 1800's. Since then, apparently, many different species have been "discovered". How could these bones have lain around for millions of years and only be discovered so recently? Does anyone know where you can see a "real" dinosaur bone as opposed to a plaster cast one? If dinosaur bones actually existed they would be worth millions of dollars being so very, very old, but I have never heard of great security or price tags of these objects. I have never heard of anyone trying to steal one and yet they should be incredibly valuable.

Dinosaurs existed for sure. It's pretty damn easier to believe in them than the moon / sun stuff. I've seen fossils (not by dinosaurs , but by some old animals , not sure what they were) and I don't get why somebody would fake it.There are things whcih are easier to fake , and ones that aren't. The ones which are very very closed and require a lot of money (such as NASA missions) can manipulate. But paentologists are all over the world and they know what they do.

I don't believe dinosaurs ever existed. Paleontologists don't just "study" dinosaurs. They study all types of fossils some of which are real. The first dinosaur bone was not "discovered" until the 1800's. Since then, apparently, many different species have been "discovered". How could these bones have lain around for millions of years and only be discovered so recently? Does anyone know where you can see a "real" dinosaur bone as opposed to a plaster cast one? If dinosaur bones actually existed they would be worth millions of dollars being so very, very old, but I have never heard of great security or price tags of these objects. I have never heard of anyone trying to steal one and yet they should be incredibly valuable.

I'm not sure whether you are serious or not, but assuming you are :

a) The reason people didn't look for fossils before the 19th century is because they were worthless. It is only after Darwin published 'Origin' that fossils became popular and, therefore, worth something.

B) You can see real dinosaur bones in any decent museum. The plaster-casts are used for a lot of exhibits but if you ask nicely I'm sure you will be able to look at the originals.

c) Some fossils are indeed worth a lot of money. The reason you don't hear of such sales is because they rarely happen - museums tend not to like bidding on the open market. Up to 8 million dollars has been paid for dinosaur fossils.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=http://www.forbes.com/2001/08/01/0801connguide.html&refURL=&referrer=

d) Your entire argument is what we call 'argumentum from incredulity/ignorance and is a classic fallacy of logic. Just because YOU can't answer some basic questions (and the excuse can surely only be lazyness, since google quickly supplies the answers you wanted) doesn't actually mean anything. In Science an opinion is valid only if supported by evidence, and an opinion based on ignorance or incredulity is completely worthless.