xisto Community
pop

Trap17 Offers 17 Mb Of Free Hosting

This is kind of a silly topic. There is not even any point of giving out 17MB!

As mich said:

Huh? You can get 500mg of free space for 30 credits and keep it by posting on a regular basis. Maybe you haven't read the Trap 17 Readme. This will explain how things work around here.

Ash, that was with Credit System V2, not V3. And besides...17 MegaByte is NOTHING. :)

I find that the base hosting plan on Xisto is beefy enough. Its good for me. 10000mb for bandwidth and 1000mb for space. Thats superior, especially because its free. I also want to build my credits up for a domain :P, wait :S $9.99 argh thats alot of posting. I'll be very informative. :D

MyCENT system v3, or whatever its called is very well made, although I suggest for the admins too get rid of the old topic explaining the original hosting system before the MyCENT system.

As of now there are 54,079 Registered users, so 17 MB each runs to 919343 MB of space, moreover if that is done every one will start signing up with Xisto just for that 17 MB, Im sure the main objective of Xisto is to create a good community and to provide people a free webhosting service, please note that the objective is not only providing free hosts but also about creating a good community, so i dont think that giving 17 MB of free space just like that wont help Xisto to fullfill its objective.Anyway these decisions are taken by Mr.OpaQue and im sure he wont step into that kinda decision, still try asking him :)

I think that 17 MB is useless. Just setting up a MyBB forum takes more than that. Anyway, what WOULD be cool is if Xisto decided to reward those who have been here for a while with an upgrade from 10 to 17 GB of hosting. :P Of course, "a while" is pretty ambiguous... I hope it means 6 months or something... my anniversary here is in August. B)

but 919Gb isn't really a massive amount of space for a company like Xisto. You can buy a Hard drive that is alot more than that and there must be some income that Xisto is making that could allow them to buy something like thatThey couldn't be making money out of people posting could they?

Edited by caltalor (see edit history)

still 632gb isnt that much space... i have 1.5 terrabytes sitting right next to me right now lol plugged into my ps3 :lol:would be kinda comical since the name has 17 in it hehe

Imagine that Xisto can offer 17 megs of free hosting to any member registered to this forums. I mean, 17 megs of space shoudn't be too much fot this huge hosting company like Xisto. You would only need to geather 100 credits on forums, with ultra quality posts and you can get your 17 megs of space for at least one year.
I think it's great idea, don't you? :(

why are you so much point-out that 17mb stuff... there is much more with Xisto.
just by 30 credits u can even get higher mb of hostings!

if Xisto was a 17mb regular free host it just wouldn't be Xisto, this is a bad idea. There are already other hosts like this called 100mb, 500mb and other things of the sort so why do what they're doing when we already have a great system and forum in place? the idea to play off the 17 is a good concept but overall it just doesn't really work for me, sorry to burst your bubble.