xisto Community
googlue

How Did You Hear About This Forum word

I came across it by total accident i was looking at trap's for a history project and up pop's trap 17 so i deviated away from the project and had a look, left for awhile forgetting my old password and name then recently remembered trap 17 when a few friends were asking about web hosting.

I ahve found trap 17 as one of the first hits on the search engine. And I tryed it at first I was just writing in the forums and then decided that I should try the hosting then I started I haven't build my site quite yet but I will work on it.Also I would like to say that it is greatest free service I have found on the net. And I suggest everyone to try it. And it is fun to write on the forums.As a search engine I have used Google.

How I came across Xisto is a bit of a long story. I started by doing a search on Google, then I landed on some blog with web host reviews. I don?t even remember the blog now but it had quite exhaustive reviews. Out of all the hosts listed there I short listed three. Xisto and other two?I bookmarked all the three but I decided to go for one that didn?t require any posting (Xisto and the other host require posting on forum). However, I came to realize that my host of choice cut down the features a lot, no statistics and SMTP :( I checked out the other host and for a couple of months, I was really pleased with the host, except that it was a lot harder to fulfill the monthly posting requirements there. But the real reason I decided to call it quits was because of my latest project. It requires Zend Optimizer, this host did not have it :D So I decided to try Xisto. I really like it here. I even have more space and bandwidth than I had with all the previous hosts. I also get a whole lot of other features here and best of all, there are no monthly commitments :( I always curse myself when I come to think that I didn?t choose Xisto in the first place. However, I think it has helped me realize how good Xisto really is :unsure:

I found trap 17 by a Web Hosts review. Or maybe by search engine. I typed in good "Free php hosting" which took me to a Web Hosts website, which has a list of all these free hosts, along with ratings and reviews etc. I went through about twenty different hosts. They were all horrible. Some wouldnt have enough space or bandwidth, others wouldnt have features that I need for my website, such as MySQL and PHP. I came across Xisto eventually, and it really stood out. The features of the other hosts practically don't compare. I was on another host, which was ok. But that had things that were really holding me back, like 1mb upload space, and safe mode turned on. Then one day they announce that MySQL will not work until they close registrations on that server. Which may site dosent even load. Thats a good way to lose visitors. That is why I knew I had to find another host, and came across Xisto.

lol i'm gonna tell my way storylike, if its allowed

when i was looking for a perfect hosting service which also offered mysql databases & php, i first found 1000mb or something like that, which gave me a lot of free webspace, a few mysql databases and php services

all went fine untill i started uploading all my project's stuff, 5 hours of uploading and no error, suddenly at 97% the terror began

.htaccess files not allowed and other *BLEEP* occurred ...

client contact service sucked majorly and no responses on your questions for like erm 10 days, that was enough for me to move away

the next host i encountered was byethost which was good, a lot better then that silly 1000mb thing

but only if they didn't have so much downtime when an error occured

then suddenly i found Xisto and i heard that name somewhere else too, i thought it was in the game half-life 1/2 or counter-strike that i saw some publicity on the game servers

when i registered i read about the posting system, and since there are a lot of topics here to reply to, it's a lot more fun then just click and upload and wait for responses by the hosts

now i'm still on Xisto and i like this community, so why leaving ? i stay :unsure:

I discovered Xisto by entering "free hosting post to host php sql" in Google.First I found a site with 250mb webspace, and 5000mb bandwith for free. I used it, but it was very slow.I also like to actually do something to get my hosting, and these forums are pretty active :lol:.

I actually found it in Google, though slightly by chance. I was searching for specially a forum host, and Google returened a match that was two people on Xisto having a conversation about uploading a forum onto their hosting account. After looking around some, I fell in love and applied as soon as I was able. So far I definitely haven't been let down :lol: Thank you google!!!

I just did a search on google to a free hosting cpanel with SMTP ... the I xisto :lol: