xisto Community
Hirishiolo

A Week Without The Cell Phone can we try?

That is not possible, at least to me, i am always using my cell phone, to contact friends, work, family, specially my girlfriend when i am not with her, so why should i keep myself from using it if that is a very good way of comunication between people, i do not think so.But i could do it, one week would not kill me, even a month or a year, but it would heart me a lot because i would miss talking to some people, specially those who i love the most.

I cant live without my cell phone...Here is some reasons:-I cant contact with my friends-I cant call my girfriend-I cant play games-I cant take photos-I cant listen music (mp3)-I cant use it for emergencys like call 911 etc...And many more reasons...

Sounds like a great experiment.But for me its not good as I can't stay even 5-6 hours without cellphones.There a part of my life.It might be because I recieve calls from my friends and girlfriends......,or it may be due to my gaming skills.Yes its true I like playing games on my laptop and also on my cell phone and windows phone(my baby)...There are lot of good games for mobile phones but I still love to play that old snake game but its new version.Not forgetting to mention I also like to chat through my cellphone when I am not at home.So you can see a week without a cellphone for me is a year without a cellphone.Can't do anything without them,these gadgets offer so much.

I would love to go a week without my cell phone.. lol But my kids and husband would kill me. They live on theirs. I on the other hand it dirves me crazy, I dont like being called every five mintues when im trying to shop or whn i get out of the house. But thats just me i guess. I knwo from watching my family that cell phones are a part of their lives. I dont always agree with how much i see my children on there phones but they are teenage girls they pay there own bills so I dont say anything.

I would be able to survive with out my mobile phone cause I'm not treally a phone person but damn I know a hell lotta people who would seriously struggle without their phones. I mean in UK you get lots of people especially young teens who are actually addicted to mobile phone texting. They literally go crazy if they cant text. I think the doctors in UK have actually come up with a name for a person thats addicted to texting if you google it you might come up with the full details but damn how long shoudl one be on their fone to becoma a text addict. Makes you think dont it

Turning off your mobile phone for a week could be usefull for you about your health. You will not be under attack of radiation :) . In fact, all the people in the world should turn off their mobile phones and just use normal phones. Doing this will take some stress from people. But your connectivity with your friends will be lost. I think the engineers should produce a mobile phone and GSM operators which does not arc radiation.Greenpeace should also do something about this. :D

I could go more than a week without it. A month or two months. I really would not mind, but my friends and family would. I only send messages with it, and that is not very many. I do not almost call at all with it, so for me this would not be a problem... but I have spent so much money on my phone itself so it would be a shame not to use it. :)

12 days, not bad :D

Now try living without an internet connection for 2 weeks :D

Just disconnect and live in bliss :)

WARNING:

People who have lived without an internet connection have been trained by experts from the stone age.

Please do not try this at home, at college, at office or at a cybercafe

Congratulations my friend, you are really a hero.I think that in a week tihout my cell phone i would commit suiciced, i am very dependen from it. I use it for job, friends and family. I cant imagine my life without it, it is as an energy cut down for a week.Well, good luck with that, i imagine that you will at least see if it is still ok :).Regards, Seba.

I wouldn't dream of doing this. I could handle it. I just don't think the people around me could. My girlfriend for one. my mum for another.... I could and would happily live without it.

I don't use my cell phone that often either....Very rarely. Most of the time mine's actually dead due to not being charged. Regardless, I know how hard it is going without a technology you use quite often(for example Ipods, laptops, tv's, etc.) but at the same time...All of these are a way of life. You need them to keep up with news, you need a phone to keep up with your job, etc.