xisto Community
anwiii

Dish Network - Scam Scam Scam! Do Not Trust Them!

I am dealing with an unbelievable experience with Dish Network right now. If I was not dealing with it myself I do not believe I would have believed it. I called Dish about a week ago to tell them of yet another mistake on my account. The first person I got on the phone I could not understand so I asked to talk to his supervisor. I got the supervisor and started to explain that my HD channels were gone off my account and my DVR wouldn't record my shows anymore (because they were in HD.) The manager asked me if I was in front of my receiver and I told him no, I just wanted to look at my account and see what was going on. The MANAGER on the phone told me I was stupid for calling in and not being in front of my receiver and also that I make everyones lives miserable when I call in. After being so shocked by being spoken to in that manner by a MANAGER he hung up on me. I called back in and reported the gentleman. They could not give me any information on the employee who spoke to me that way only that they would deal with it internally. I felt better knowing that they were going to deal with this until I saw a Dish Network charge on my credit card. I contacted Dish and they said I had bought an adult movie online. Which was funny because I don't watch adult movies especially not girl on girl (considering I am a girl.) I contact Dish yet again and they told me that it was purchased online under my account. I had them reverse the charge then the next day I continued to look into the matter. The gentleman at Dish who I filed a complaint on had gotten into my online account and charged movies to my card on file. He also used all of my PPV coupons I had on my account for movies I had already watched. Dish once again said they would deal with this but I am so mad that they won't tell me anything about what is going on that I am filing my own police report and persecuting him for felony fraud. I am angry, appalled and worried about a company that would allow this. And all of this from a MANAGER!! I will also be contacting the CEO of Dish and filing another complaint!!

DISH network is a horrible rip off company. They have no concept of customer loyalty. I will make sure they never come anywhere near me in the future. I will also make sure my friends and family also don't get anywhere close to that SCUM Company called DISH Network

Hi, everyone in California interested in filing a complaint against Dish Network-because they are increaing prices without notifying us:go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ file a complaint if you, too have been getting a price increase while locked into a two-year agreement with Dish Network.Thanks,Katie

OMG I am having the same problem! I was quoted a promo price for 1 year, then 2 mos later they raised the price. When I called to dispute it, they said they could lower it to what I was promised, but they'd have to take away the STARS promo that was supposed to be free anyway! Happy Anniversary my a**! Then, they said that after my promo, the price would be raised by 15.00, which was not what I was told by the rep who apparently lied to me in order to get my business. I called, talked to three people, they said they would check it out, but after what I'm reading here, I don't expect too much. Bottom line? The "Executive dispute" guy they sent me to said that there was no way he could honor the price the rep told me, AND that if I canceled, they would charge me 400.00 in fees!!!! This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!! So basically, I thought I was getting a great deal better than Brighthouse, but after the year is up with DISH you end up paying the same as the competitors, but at least they have free customer service (Dish charges you after 3 mos), maintenance and they don't send some scraggly guy to your house that looks and talks like he just got sprung from prison to "take care" of your problem. I was with Brighthouse for 10 years and I'm probably going back, but I'll have to cancel my bank account if I do, otherwise DISH hits me with the 400 fee. How stupid, unprofessional and downright RUDE of them to promise something just to get your business and then take it away, and then threaten to hit you with the cancel fee. Its like, they're going to get their money out of you one way or another. Waiting for a call back to "resolve" to issue, even though they said they can't honor the price I was quoted, but I will post if anything happens with it. I gave them hell, not sure if it did any good though. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!!

Some of you guys have valid conplaints, but there is a contract so if you read it most of the things your complaining about shouldnt suprise you. Believe me all the gripes from you guys happen with every major corporation, believe it or not dish is the most inexpencive and higest rated. I looked it up :) . Oh and some of you people on here are absolute idiots and somewhat insane.

BEWARE! My elderly mother who does not speak English very well and was visiting California for a few months was some how conned into signing a two year contract. I explained to DishNetwork that she left California months ago and was taken advantage of but they didn't care. While I was cancelling her account for her they suggested signing her up for a cheaper package even though she would not be using it and acted like they would be doing her a favor by automatically charging her a few dollars less for the next 16 months of her contract which would be about $245 dollars for a service she would not be using versus the $280+ cancellation fee. Also, you must mail the receiving box to El Paso... you cannot return it locally,they send you a UPS box, which should arrive 7-10 days after cancellation. If they claim they did not receive the box back within 30 days of cancellation, they will charge a $200 fee to your/or your mother's credit card, so send it by certified mail. There is no option to return the box locally and get the receipt/proof immediately along with acknoledgement that it was received in good condition. BEWARE!

dish network - fraud or scam - YOU decide

ok- i have decided to talk about some of the stress i've been having with dish network. dish network is a satelite television and audio programing company. they can also be referred to as a DBSS which stands for direct broadcast satelite service.

now i am sure most all of you that live in the united states know who dish network is. they are the parent company of echostar. they are the ones that directly competes with direct t.v.

i would now like to describe my experience with dish network. i signed up with them through an ad i saw in the newspaper in warsaw, mo. i called up to ask about the offers as they were offering many specials. i chose the $29.99 package in which i recieve a discount of $10 a month on my bill each and every month for 10 months(for a total of $100 cash back), free dish protection plan for 18 months(which normally costs $5.99), and a refund of my original setup fee of $50 in the form of a credit on my first bill. the $50 is automatically charged on your credit card when you sign up over the phone. what they also required was to charge me one month prepaid service with them.

well, that day finally arrived when my service would be set up. two guys showed up. evidently, they didn't know exactly what they were doing. not only did it take them 3 hours, the accidently(i assume) put a hole through my roof in to my kitchen ceiling thinking that was the place that they wanted to go through. it wasn't. my first experience with dish left me a hole in my kitchen ceiling that i have to stare at every day.

i didn't pay it much concern at the time considering i was a little excited just to get the service running asap. i had them note their error on the paper i signed and left it at that for the time being.

my first bill comes. it was supposed to be for $19.99(basic service)+$5(additional reciever)+$5(local station programing)+ taxes of less than a dollar which should total around $31 a month at the most. well, my bill wasn't that amount as promised by dish network, it was $20 higher for over $50! woah! i thought to myself. also, my $50 credit never came on my first bill as promised either. well, i was upset. dish network lied to me so i decided to call them. this was my second problem with dish network and it's only been 1 month!

when you call dish network, they ask you what your problem is. they don't really listen to you. what seems to happen is that they read something off a piece of paper sitting in front of them. i was contiuously interupted by dish network's customer service center employee and that encouraged me to interupt THEM until they understood my problem. well, i was hung up on by that employee. i then called back, i got another employee to hopefully help me. this time though, i could hardly understand this person with their middle easern accent and broken english. i still tried to make an effort to explain but again i was interupted several times. i was now frustrated because these are the people who are supposed to be helping me but they wont let me state my problem before interupting me.

i asked to speak to a supervisor. at that point, i was very irritated, frustrated and wondering if i'm going to be hung up on again. i was on auto pay with dish network before i knew they would be over charging me. at this point it just seemed like a scam. tell them one thing when they sign up, and then charge other fees as they see fit.

the supervisor i spoke to actually let me finish with everything i had to say. because of this, i had calmed down a little and satisfied that at least someone is listening. my frustrations and anger grew when the supervisor finally spoke. he told me that because my setup wasn't hooked to two seperate phone jacks for each reciever, they are charging me $5 more for each reciever(2) for a total of $10 which they call a programming access fee. they also stated i have to wait for my $10 credit until i fill out a rebate form and i will not recieve my $50 credit until i fill out another form to recieve it. well, i argued with him.

i argued and argued telling this person i knew NOTHING about a programming access fee and if i needed the system to be hooked up to a phone line, why didn't they install it that way? i also told him i was promised a $10 credit every month for 10 months starting with my first bill and i was also promised by the dish network rep that i would recieve my $50 credit off my first bill as well. now this has been the third person i was trying to explain my problem to and i timed it. i was on the phone for approximately 3 hours with dish network that day.

i demanded they credit my credit card for what was promised and for what dish network scammed me out of with false statements. they refused! what i finally negotiated was that they credit me $10 for the programming access fee and my $10 credit will start being credited starting the next month, and i will recieve $50 credit for the setup fee on my next bill. i decided to pay it on this man's word again. do you believe that? dish network already lied to me with false statement that i consider a scam, and here i go again trusting them. i warn you all now, NEVER trust dish network. dish network cannot be trusted!

well my next bill came. i finally recieved my $50 credit and they actually credited me the $10 programing access fee that i was never aware of when i signed up. they also started my $10 credit per month as originally promised. i was happy with that. but wait! what was this? they charged me another $10 extra for the next month in programming access fees! hahah how ridiculous! i had to call again and argue for another hour before they told me i didn't have to pay it. next month, same thing. in three months now, i had talked to dish network a total of 5 hours out of my valuable time and energy to get their errors corrected.

i told them i will NEVER pay a programming access fee but i compromised. i again told them that they should have installed the equipment properly so i didn't have to deal with this b.s. and if they want to come out and install it properly, they can so i wouldn't be charged this b.s. fee. they agreed to set me up with an appointment for someone to come out and hook it up properly and the way it should have been hooked up originally. they day finally arrived when they were supposed to be there. guess what. they never showed. guess what? i was charged another $10 on my next bill that i spent about 1/2 hour arguing this time so they would take it off and to set up another appointment. the day came again. they never showed....hahahahaha! wtf! guess what....another $10 charged and i called them again to get it striken and to set up yet ANOTHER appointment with their irreliable dish network people. they evidently said they couldn't find the house(at least it's on record that way but they never had a problem coming here to set it up originally and take my money!)

during this whole process it just felt like i was being scammed by a big company worth millions of dollars because of programming access fees that they are just hoping people will pay without any arguements. somewhat like large insurance companies do sometimes when they deny your claim the first time in hope you wont fight it. it's a SCAM i felt that dish network has been succesfull in for years.

well, they finally came to my house! i was relieaved that i wouldn't have any more problems with these scumbags. calling them every month has left me distressed, angry, sad, depressed, and all sorts of emotions! so i was finally relieved! well, hahaha....sorry, that relief was only temporary hahaha. i laugh because i am remembering how they hooked up the recievers to my two phone jacks. they drapped one of the phone cords over my television, on top of my fireplace, through my kitchen opening and in to the phone jack. because of this, the cord never touches the floor and the cord is not securely fastened to the wall. in fact, if you can imagine it, imagine a phone cord that is never even flush with the wall or floor so when the phone cord is drapped from one corner of the wall to the other wall, there is about two feet of open space between the phone cord and the corner of the wall! that's how they hooked it up! i took pictures! hahaha it wasn't funny then, but it's funny now after i got over my anger. they expected me to look at that mess they installed just to save $5? NO THANK YOU! i waited for my wife to come home before we both decided we can't have it there. it looks bad, it's in the way of other things in our living room, and it was a hazard for anyone to accidently pull on the cord. especially when we have small children we sometimes take care of here. not to mention a hazard to the reciever if it ever fell off the telivision if someone accidently pulls on the phone cord. i can just imagine them over charging for that too when they were the ones creating the hazard!

ok- so that was the first reciever. the one upstairs was done a little better but my phone jack wasn't near the reciever just like the one downstairs. they ran is across my floor to the reciever and left it like that. i say a little better because at least the phone cord was flush with something. but again, i was disappointed. another hazard. someone could easily trip and fall or trip and pull the reciever down and break it. when it's a hazard for me or my wife, i KNOW it has to be a serious hazard to small children that we have in the house at times. my wife and i agreed this was unacceptable and unplugged it.

so now, not only did they ruin my ceiling and and put a hole in my roof where it wasn't supposed to be, they have created unprofession installations and hazards in my home that i am responsible for if anyone gets hurt. they lied to me several times before my installation and after my installation. so now i'm pissed. they still continue to charge me falsely on something i have told them repeatedly that i am not paying EVER. i gave them the option to cancel my service because of this so i can switch to another company. they refuse. they want ME to cancel so they can trump up the cancelation fees. i wont do that either.

so now i mention my ceiling thinking i can use this as a trump card for either free service or to finally satisfy me as a customer without anymore hassles with this programming access fee. well, they want to look at the damage. i refuse. i tell them i have pictures and will get an estimate for the damages. i told them they aren't coming in my house again to create more of a mess than they already have.

so anyway, what happens next? they charged me $30 to have someone come out and install their equipment the way it was supposed to be installed the first time. they charged me $30 for someone to come out and do an unprofessional job which just looked nasty and also created several hazards in my home. also, ofcourse, they are still charging me the programming access fees. so i call them again. i tell them i am not paying another bill until you correct your errors and finally get my problem resolved so i don't have to call again. well, it's been two months and i haven't paid a bill. obviously now they are charging me late fees :) just another way to get more money out of me while i am disputing my whole entire bill as long as they continue to overcharge me. they are charging me late fees illegally i found out. so dish network is operating illegally in the state of missouri because in the state of missouri, if you are disputing a bill, that bill is not supposed to be charged late fees. i even wrote my dispute on the money order they cashed. i threatened to take them to court and they didn't seem to concerned.

so now it's been two months. i recieve a call from them to call them back about my bill. i suppose dish network wants some money for their services they are fraudulently over charging me for. i brok down. i decided to call....dreading it....knowing i will have to argue again.....but i want to be fair, so i call them. well, their computers were down the other day(very recent) and they couldn't help me or even tell me why they called me.

so now i am upset. i was holding for a while just for them to tell me this? i asked the # to thier corporate office or their executive department. this is the third time i have requested this and each time i am denied that information. they say they don't have it, but they DO. they don't want you to have it for some unknown reason.they don't want you to go up higher in the chain to try to get your problem resolved. they want to keep you with THEM just so they can make your life a total nightmare just like they did mine! they wanted me to call back after their computers are back up. what i told them was why don't you have a supervisor call me when this happens because i am not a psychic and cannot predict when in fact your computers will be operational. she agreed, took my information, and it's been two days now and nobody has attempted to contat me either by voice or answering machine or voicemail. so i will have to call them back since and dread yet another disturbing call(i CAN predict THAT now....) with dish network where very little will get done about my problems once again.

now i will make updates to this post as time passes. my main objective here is to let out my frustrations and emotions that dish network created inside me. i plan on editing this post later for spelling and grammer and sending this in to their corprate office in colorado. i also plan on faxing it to their fax # i have. i plan to hit them hard soon with public exposer and i will append this post to include that threat because i believe the public should know the lies dish network tells you, the scams they pull, and how hard it is to be a satisfied customer with them. they cause emotional distress and it's just not right! i grew up in northridge, ca but now live in a small town in warsaw, mo. the papers here are smaller than i am used to and they are always itching for a good and well written article to add to their 7-8 page paper. i know as well the t.v. media would eat a story like this up because it's a public awareness story. so if dish network ever reads this, be prepared to solve my problems or do battle. i may not be a million dollar company, but i, unlike you is well respected in my comunity. i own two businesses here, and i am a very fair and responsible person. they pushed me to my limits where i am now considering hiring an attorney far a case against them.

to back up my story here, i have researched dish network and echostar. both companies have been sued for the same things i am complaining about now and they have lost several times in court. they have a history of decieving people. they have a history over over charging credit cards. they have a history of charging things on your credit card that you never authorised them to do. they have a history of lying and just being an all around unprofessional company. all my research comes from searches i have done through google. i'm hoping this post gets a high ranking for the same things i had to research and this is only the beginning!

has anyone else had problems with dish network? post your vents with them here and make them pay attention!

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with the Executive Offices of DISH Network. I apologize you had such a bad experience. I understand your frustration when a technician has placed a hole where you did not want it. We do have a damage department that handles these type of situations. We do have 3rd party retailers that we allow to sell our services and we make every effort to ensure they are providing accurate and consistent information. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; promotions expiring, price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming.

I wanted to clarify the programming access fee some customers are receiving. Although this is not a fee currently in effect, if you signed up under a promotion that had the programming access fee and are still being charged the $5.00 there is a way to take part in the current incentive to waive that fee. You can add the automatic payment option to your account, paperless billing, along with a valid email address. Keep in mind that even though a phone line/broadband connection is not required to avoid additional charges, having it connected does provide you with a lot of other interactive benefits. Some of these benefits included paying your bill using remote, ordering programming using remote, up to date weather information on interactive menus but it will also allow you to update and change DVR recordings online or watch recorded programs from DVR on your computer depending on your service and equipment.

If you have any additional questions feel free to email me at Alicia.Brink@Dishnetwork.com

don't anyone listen to alicia. she says she's in the executive offices like that is supposed to mean something. fact is, she is NOT an executive. no important person of any corporation will go online and respond to forum posts. executives have more important things to do. she's pretending to be someone important when she really isn't.notive how alicia said we can waive the programming access fee if we do automatic billing. no dish network is trying to use bribary. so now i wonder what the need for this fee is if it can easily be waived by setting up automatic payments. i am the originator of this thread and this is a classic example of how dish network scams people and uses fraud to extort money from people.i advise EVERYONE to NOT use dish network. if you have a choice, go with direct t.v. or a cable company. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH DISH NETWORK. nobody from the executive offices are going to pretend they are innocent here on MY watch! all they want is your current credit card or debit card information so if you cancel, they can steal your cancelation fees illegally through your banking information you provided. DON'T DO IT!alicia- you are welcome here anytime to acknowledge the bad service and illegal activities they promote to scam people out of their hard earned money. if you however lie about anything or try to convince people otherwise, i will have to respond. if you want to help, get some customer id # and look in to their accounts and help them solve the crap dish network did to them. that would be more productive than trying to make dish network look innocent in any wrong doings.get a clue

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

I was totally scammed by dish net too. I have spent several hours on the phone with them. One guy told me I sounded like I was confused! I am paying double of what I was offered!! I was supposed to get a 100 dollar rebate.
Well when they came to install, they were only ready to install for 1 TV (I ordered 4, which was supposed to be the same price,not!) anyways they had to come back a week later.

The dish net said they had bad communication with AT&T. So since they installed it a week later, it was after the promotion that I signed up for. It was their fault, but I have to pay for it!! They are nothing but Fraud.

I hope I reach some people thinking about dish net.. Don't do it!! I was supposed to pay 24.99, but I am paying 67.77... cable is cheaper and better!! The channels are serious crap!!

-Patty

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with the Executive Offices of DISH Network. I apologize about the confusion regarding your pricing. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. We do have third party retailers customer can elect to go through, customers are not required to use our retailers to set up an account. Customers will always have the option to go directly through DISH Network. most of them will have promotions available. If you were offered a promotion or rebate through them you would have to return to them to get your promotion or rebate offer. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; expiration of promotions, price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming. We offer promotions to customers when they sign up with us, some of these promotions require you to cancel or remove the service or programming that was offered originally at no charge. If these channels or services are not removed you will than be billed the normal monthly rates for them. When you sign up there is a lot of information that is provided and I understand how easily things can be over looked. We try to provide detailed billing to show you each item that you are being charged for and how much it is. Because television is such a dynamic industry, some changes to programming prices are unavoidable this is true for all pay-TV providers. Though we must occasionally accept a price increase to continue providing a certain channel, we still offer the lowest all-digital price in the pay-TV industry. If you are still unsure of what you are being charged for or the reason why I would love to help please feel free to email me at Alicia.brink@dishnetwork.com

Dish Network HIDDEN Receiver Rental Fee

I too am having some serious issues with Dish Network. I have been subscribing to DN for 7 years as a standard customer and owned my own receiver. Well with the wife�s nagging I upgraded to HD with DVR � what a mistake. The add said �Free Installation�, �Free Equipment�, �Add DishHD High Defintion channels for as low as $10 a month� here check it out for yourself:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Notice it says �Free Equipment and Installation� will guess what I find on my bill � a month fee of $7.00 for equipment rental. I have called several times, last time I kept asking to speak to that persons boss. Finally spoke to Mark Montoya who told me he would send me a copy of my contract (which I have a was reading to him) but this will take 6 to 8 weeks.

Well I called back before I posted this and spoke to Alex (he wouldn�t give me his last name). Now I am being told I have to pay the equipment rental because I pre-pay my bill yearly. So I say $30/yr by pre-paying but they are charging me $84/yr for the equipment. What a freaking rip off. Alex said I can ONLY change my account billing during my annual renewal time, which of course means I need to pay for another 9 months before I can straighten this out. I told Alex that 30 days prior to my renewal I will be cancelling my account. Which is ironic because this all started with offers from DTV which seemed better. My brother signed up with DTV, I will check with him about their �FEES�

My next step is to write the CEO of Dish Network:

CEO Charlie Ergen

Dish Network

P.O. BOX 9033

LITTLETON, Colorado, 80160

You.S.A.

-reply by Chili_Willy

Hi, this is Alicia Brink, I am with DISH Network. I apologize about the confusion on your account. The upgrade and installation was at no charge, the 7.00 per month is for the programming access on leased equipment. You do not get charged for the equipment but rather the ability to access programming. This will be the case no matter which receiver you have or whether you purchased or leased the equipment. If you want me to look at your account specifically feel free to email me. Most of all the fees we have in place are relatively the same throughout the pay TV industry, however our package plans run at a much lower cost for the same great programming. Some times competitors will give you a discount that looks appealing, however once this is over the bill goes up by so much making up and than some for any discount you ever received. Our customers find that after the complete the new commitment from another provider that over all they still would have saved money staying with us.

Dish Network HIDDEN Receiver Rental Fee

I too am having some serious issues with Dish Network. I have been subscribing to DN for 7 years as a standard customer and owned my own receiver. Well with the wife�s nagging I upgraded to HD with DVR � what a mistake. The add said �Free Installation�, �Free Equipment�, �Add DishHD High Defintion channels for as low as $10 a month� here check it out for yourself:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Notice it says �Free Equipment and Installation� will guess what I find on my bill � a month fee of $7.00 for equipment rental. I have called several times, last time I kept asking to speak to that persons boss. Finally spoke to Mark Montoya who told me he would send me a copy of my contract (which I have a was reading to him) but this will take 6 to 8 weeks.

Well I called back before I posted this and spoke to Alex (he wouldn�t give me his last name). Now I am being told I have to pay the equipment rental because I pre-pay my bill yearly. So I say $30/yr by pre-paying but they are charging me $84/yr for the equipment. What a freaking rip off. Alex said I can ONLY change my account billing during my annual renewal time, which of course means I need to pay for another 9 months before I can straighten this out. I told Alex that 30 days prior to my renewal I will be cancelling my account. Which is ironic because this all started with offers from DTV which seemed better. My brother signed up with DTV, I will check with him about their �FEES�

My next step is to write the CEO of Dish Network:

CEO Charlie Ergen

Dish Network

P.O. BOX 9033

LITTLETON, Colorado, 80160

You.S.A.

-reply by Chili_Willy

Hi, this is Alicia Brink, I am with DISH Network. I apologize about the confusion on your account. The upgrade and installation was at no charge, the 7.00 per month is for the programming access on leased equipment. You do not get charged for the equipment but rather the ability to access programming. This will be the case no matter which receiver you have or whether you purchased or leased the equipment. If you want me to look at your account specifically feel free to email me. Most of all the fees we have in place are relatively the same throughout the pay TV industry, however our package plans run at a much lower cost for the same great programming. Some times competitors will give you a discount that looks appealing, however once this is over the bill goes up by so much making up and than some for any discount you ever received. Our customers find that after the complete the new commitment from another provider that over all they still would have saved money staying with us.

don't anyone listen to alicia. she says she's in the executive offices like that is supposed to mean something. fact is, she is NOT an executive. no important person of any corporation will go online and respond to forum posts. executives have more important things to do. she's pretending to be someone important when she really isn't.
notive how alicia said we can waive the programming access fee if we do automatic billing. no dish network is trying to use bribary. so now i wonder what the need for this fee is if it can easily be waived by setting up automatic payments.

i am the originator of this thread and this is a classic example of how dish network scams people and uses fraud to extort money from people.

i advise EVERYONE to NOT use dish network. if you have a choice, go with direct t.v. or a cable company. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH DISH NETWORK. nobody from the executive offices are going to pretend they are innocent here on MY watch! all they want is your current credit card or debit card information so if you cancel, they can steal your cancelation fees illegally through your banking information you provided. DON'T DO IT!

alicia- you are welcome here anytime to acknowledge the bad service and illegal activities they promote to scam people out of their hard earned money. if you however lie about anything or try to convince people otherwise, i will have to respond. if you want to help, get some customer id # and look in to their accounts and help them solve the crap dish network did to them. that would be more productive than trying to make dish network look innocent in any wrong doings.

get a clue

Anwiii,

I apologize that you feel we are not here to provide assistance and education. I am with the executive offices and we are a team specifically assigned recently to assist customers on websites and internet forums. This is a fairly new development within our company and we hope to continue expanding it so we can provide customers additional ways to contact us for support. All the information I have provided is accurate and I do have the capabilities to assist customers on a "case by case" basis. If you or anyone feels that they have an issue or concern that needs to be looked at further you are more then welcome to contact me directly by email. Our policies are similar to Directv, if you cancel your account early you are subject to a cancel fee. We differ from our competitors in several ways. One is we reward our customers for the time they were with us, so for every month you fulfill of your contract we deduct 17.50 off cancel fee. Most companies including Directv do not offer this. We also provide similar introductory offers, however our everyday cost is much lower for the same great programming. We ask for your credit card information when you set up an account with us and advise you that if you cancel early or do not return the equipment after canceling your card will be charged the cancel and or equipment fees. You are advised this before you sign up or sign a contract. We also provide all of this information on our website as well as in our contract that are brought to you during install prior to entering the contract. We do offer incentives that our customers are more then welcome to take part in, however we never require them to be a part of any promotion or incentive that they wish not to.If you would like to contact me directly please email me at Alicia.Brink@Dishnetwork.com.

don't appologize. you wouldn't have a job if what i said wasn't true. in fact, they made a whole division geared toward customer complaint on websites and internet forum? that is sad how horrible things got that you have to waste money and pass it on to the customer like that instead of training your customer service reps better. fact is, you don't work in an executive office. that is a lie. any joe blow can do your job for minimum wage. all you're doing is promoting more lies on the internet now. the only reason why you found my thread is it's #1 on google for the search term "dish network scam" and "dish network fraud"

if you work in the executive offices, you must know Bill Watson, whoes phone# is 720-514-7332. it took me a long time to get this contact name and #. he helped me erase all the fraudulent charges on my bill. after that, i stopped paying it and cancelled my credit card # which i advise EVERYONE to do if they feel trapped with dish network.

you say you are here to help? how are you helping? did you give people a phone# to call to talk to personally? open a division for THAT because THAT'S what people want. you sugar coat the cancelation fee you wave. by law you have to wave it because not only do you over charge for a cancelation fee, it's more than if you were to carry out your contract. there are no rewards. you are scamming people with hidden meanings behind your words. i expect no less from dish network.

all i hear are lies coming out of your mouth even when you talk about when customers sign up with dish network. are you on the front lines? are you hearing how they are signing customers up? don't tell me about what you want other people to hear and sugar coat the truth. that's all they do over there is cover up their crap and make excuses. they NEVER are truthfull and honest and admit to their mistakes. when they do finally admit to their mistakes like they did me, they reimburse ya and make out like they are doing the comstomer a favor haha.

you work in the executive office. next time you come back to respond, asnwer me one question. answer me how many times dish network and it's parent company got sued and lost and had to pay out for damages? answer me that. i have a rough figure through my extensive research. be truthfull alicia. you work in the executive office. this is easy information to get your hands on. let everyone know what a wonderfull company this is by just answering that one question. you wont do it will you. why? because you want to cover up what dish network is all about.

WELL I WONT LET YOU!

Anwiii,
I apologize that you feel we are not here to provide assistance and education. I am with the executive offices and we are a team specifically assigned recently to assist customers on websites and internet forums. This is a fairly new development within our company and we hope to continue expanding it so we can provide customers additional ways to contact us for support. All the information I have provided is accurate and I do have the capabilities to assist customers on a "case by case" basis. If you or anyone feels that they have an issue or concern that needs to be looked at further you are more then welcome to contact me directly by email. Our policies are similar to Directv, if you cancel your account early you are subject to a cancel fee. We differ from our competitors in several ways. One is we reward our customers for the time they were with us, so for every month you fulfill of your contract we deduct 17.50 off cancel fee. Most companies including Directv do not offer this. We also provide similar introductory offers, however our everyday cost is much lower for the same great programming. We ask for your credit card information when you set up an account with us and advise you that if you cancel early or do not return the equipment after canceling your card will be charged the cancel and or equipment fees. You are advised this before you sign up or sign a contract. We also provide all of this information on our website as well as in our contract that are brought to you during install prior to entering the contract. We do offer incentives that our customers are more then welcome to take part in, however we never require them to be a part of any promotion or incentive that they wish not to.If you would like to contact me directly please email me at Alicia.Brink@Dishnetwork.com.

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

<a href=http://forums.xisto.com/topic/53607-dish-network-scam-scam-scam-do-not-trust-them/page-2#entry389831 to Trap FeedBacker</a> OK - as promised here is my update. - I got up the next morning and called - first guy I talked to was Jay - (I remember him from 3 years ago - I went through the deal with him - he said "There was no written contract" - I said "cmon bro - don't start with that crap" - he said "hold please" - OH - I forgot to tell you - I was recording the conservation as it is legal in the State where I live as long as one person knows... 3 minutes later after they BLARED some elevator music - J comes back and says hold on we are working on it. 5 minutes later - he comes back and says the same thing... - after 20 minutes total on hold - he comes back and says I owe nothing ! he said your account is zero and normal billing will continue in JUne. - Thats my update... All I can assume is they went back through thier RECORDINGS as they record conversations also - they also figured out I would continue to call them until they did what they said they would. - So my advice is don't let them take your dough - they try to do that cause most people just pay it... And some people like me have zero tolerance for corporate liars. They are predators who prey on people who don't have the time to stay on the phone all day and prey on folks who do not like to confront others... Take my advice and stay on them and don't let those predators take the money you worked hard for... There are plenty of others to steal your money like oil companies, grocery stores and taxes. Sean Out!
-reply by Sean

Sean,

I apologize you had to endure all of that before it was finally resolved for you. Our main goal is to get it completely resolved as quickly as possible for our customers. We do not by any means try to take advantage of any customer by keeping them on the phone. It is more detrimental to our company to keep customers on the phone and cause them to hang up and have to call back. If you have any further trouble on your account please feel free to email me directly with any questions. Alicia.Brink@Dishnetwork.com

Dish told us a 2 year contract would never see prices rise, like cable does. THEY LIE! They just doubled our basic service fee and customer service basically tell us there is nothing we can do. We got a call eight months that our fee's would be going up. Then the next billing cycle it doubled. We can either quit and be charged for the next year with the new rate, or let them extort us into paying the doubled price.When I say double I mean from $23.00 a month, now $45.00.Do yourself a favor DO NOT sign with DISH. This is a scam company and they WILL RIP YOU OFF.

I think it is something that they had to do because of economic conditions. Instead of going bankrupt, they probably decided to hike up their prices. If there is anything in the contract that prevents them from raising their prices or that enables you to reject their prices, they you can get a lawyer to get them to either provide service to you at the old prices, or to discontinue the contract because they tried to charge you more than what you deem reasonable for their service. There may have been a precedent that a lawyer can direct you to.