xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
YungOdo

Do You Ever Skip Class?

Never ever, ever Skipped a class :) I'm always scared if I do something like that i'll get caught, besides, my education is very important, especially as I want to be a surgeon. The closest thing I ever did was sleeping through a full school day, and my parents never knew..

I would never skip class, for a variety of reasons, the main one being that I loose 50min of info that everyone else now has, thus I am disadvantaged :/For what? Just 50min of sitting there behind a bush...

Well, I used to sluff class my freshman year. This was largely due to the fact that there was less and less of teaching us new things and an increasing amount of mind-numbing reviews and singing ridiculous songs to help us memorize stuff.I started out sluffing just 1 or 2 out of my 5 classes. Our school had two lunch periods, so the 'A lunch' people would go to lunch when 'B lunch' people had 4th hour. I didn't go to 4th hour so I could hang out with B lunch people, and I ended up not going to my last class (math) because all I had to do is slip the lady a chocolate bar and tell her I was *cough cough* sick.But then, that strategy worked for most of my teachers, and I went only to science, because that teacher gave us actual things to do in class.Oddly enough, I didn't have anything lower than a 97% that year.

I love to attend my class because I am very lazy to study on my own. I have been grown up under a spoon feeding education system. I would like to learn from teachers instead of studying on my own. I know it is bad. Normally, I have paid expensive tuition fees, so I bare in my mind that I must attend every class. The only reason I skip my class is that I fall asleep and cannot wake up early because I study late at night. It is very easy for me to finish one chapter if I attend a class. I cannot finish reading one chapter per day. In the class, the lecture gives a lecture of one or two chapters per day. It is really cool. However, if I miss one class, I am going to miss many chapters, and cannot understand that day's lecture. As you know, lecture notes are just Power Point slides. You have to read lots of books and books to understand those short notes. When I attended one SE class, the lecturer put lots of questions on his slides without answers. He only gave answers in the class. He has two slides: one with answers and another one without answers. Students can only download slides without answers. We all requested him to give us answers, but he said NO. He told us that this is the only technique to draw student attention to attend his class regularly. Yes, he is really tough and strict. Maybe his technique is quite effective and successful. There are lots of students in his classes comparing with other classes. What so ever it is, I do not want to skip any class. Is there any one who want to give a free class? Here I am. I would come and attend your class. :P Cheers!

Any time I've skipped class, I've always had a backup semi-legitimate excuse, or just feigned ignorance if I was caught. For example, I skipped a couple of classes after Advanced Placement exams in my junior year of high school, and when a teacher asked where I was, I told her that I thought we were off for the day after we finish exams (like 3 hours long). So fortunately, I've been able to get away every time.

I'm a smart boy (with very serious parents....) so I don't really skip classes :PWhen I miss a lesson(s) I have a pretty good reason for it, and that doesn't happen often..Like the very first post says, "I know school is a very importent and I don't want to fail"Greetzz

Ya i do skip classes but only when the whole syllabus is completedso that you can have some extra time for self studyand also if you go to school regularly you wouldn't have the problem of short attendance...when you have to skip classes when your final exam is near:)

I wish... but in all honesty, never.I want to skip classes that I have no interest whatsoever. That I don't see the point of, and I don't think I will need in the future.Some of the classes I go to are so boring, it's unbelievable. My mind just drifts off instead, which I guess it kind of like skipping class... on the same wavelength anywayI plan on not skipping any classes, because even though they are boring, some of those lessons, we need.What's the point of skipping when you can just feign sick instead?My friend has severe asthma, so she has to go to hospital quite a lot of the time to do check-ups. It gets a bit annoying that she doesn't want to learn. She's clever and all, but she's just too lazy. She would skip school if she had the opportunity. A shame really...But anyway, it's her life. So yeah :)

Never skipped class. I used to be a bad little bugger in middle school but once I got to high school I straightened out a lot and am not a straight A student with a perfect 4.0 GPA and in the top 6% of my class. I realized that because I come from an extremely low income family the only real way to pay for a higher education was to do well enough in school to get a full ride or at least a GIANT scholarship. And you may say I don't really need to go to college but I do if I want to become what I want to be in the future.So back to the subject, no I have never skipped. Nor have I ever seen a reason good enough to skip for. I really don't see the advantage. You risk getting in major trouble, why not just stay in class and not do anything? I think skipping only a couple times is not okay either.I will admit to not going to class though, but for school activities. Like if I know I don't like to go to english class and there is a thing I could sign up to do that hour I might do it, but I still end up getting caught up by going there after school.

Most High schools in New Jersey have video cameras and other ways to keep track of the student. Typically one will get caught for doing such a think, however I have skipped my 1st and 2nd period classes a lot in the past. Usually in my particular high school and student must attend a saturday class for 4 hours for skipping class, as in leaving the building. Being late does not count.

No, I do not skip classes. There are sometimes when I will rather stay at home than go to school but that's only once or twice a year. On my school it's kind of important that we take all classes, and that we... well, that we do not come late to class. They write down the exact minutes we where gone, so it's quite weird. But I think it is good. I haven't skipped one class this year, and I have always been in time for class. The school that I will be trying to get into next year is really strict, and it's said that they care a lot about if your in time or not, skip classes or not, is a lot of sick or not. Well you get the idea. :o

Very funny topic. Well, in our school, our school is very strict when it comes to skipping classes. For example, I didnt attend my Language subject and I just stayed and eat in our canteen! But here, we do not call it as skipping classes, here it is called or known as cutting classes. It's kinda weird but it is the same as skip class. Hmmmm, as far as I know, I skip class for the past past past day because our teacher, tells something to the selected students to have a meeting neither it's already recess time. After the meeting it's already discussion time. Well, I didnt go straight in to our classroom but I go ahead in the canteen and eat my recess! lol...-Amiel

Where I'm from we call it skipping or cutting, same thing. I've personally only skipped class a few times, and mostly only when I can justify it (I was tired and wanted to go home, I was getting sick) but it's always fun. I never skip classes unless I know we're not going to be doing anything in them, because otherwise I miss work which is a pain to make up later.