xisto Community
chelcy

HTML Editors Your preference?

I use frontpage to get the basic site layout ready and then I code it in notepad. That usually works perfectly. Frontpage is for starting the design of your site and notepad is for doing what you couln't do in frontpage like add PHP.

So what's the best HTML editor? Or at least what you use? I searched in Google, and they (of course) all claim to be good, and I think they are. But what do you guys use? (Or do you just use Notepad? :P )
Oh yeah, I'd prefer free ones! :P

Edit: Can someone move this post? I'm so sorry but I posted in the wrong forum... :P

i think there is no best html editor. Ps pad is better for using coding.

Hi, I use Vim and also emacs. I really love vim. Give it an opportunty, it works in every platform and you can customize on your own feelings. If you are newby maybe you will feel more comfortable with gvim (The graphical version of vim).

I think frontpage 2000 it's a good html editor. It's very simple to use and doesn't use to many resources (like memory) as frontpage 2003 or dreamweaver. But if you are just beginning into html, dreamweaver it's a good option since it helps you with all the tags you need.

In my opinion, Notepad is the best program to use. Even though it lacks color coding, spell-checking, and the more advanced features that other html editors have, it is still my favourite. When I first started learning HTML, it was the programI used. Now don't get me wrong. There are HTML editors out there that are very good, like NoteTab Lite, and two others that I have used in the past (I can't recall what they were called). On the flip side, I do not use WYSIWYG editors - I never have, and I never will.

Well, then I guess you will be doomed to waste hours and hours of time that could otherwise be put to productive use. But hey, it's your life :D

If that were only truly :D. I actually don't use Notepad anymore. I just think it's the best (in my opinion of course).

Well I don't have very much choice, becouse I can emulate Frontpage on linux, but it is very, very big sheet and i have mozila composer and open office that are alsow bad, so i use Quanta + but Ia am a biginner and don't know how to use it so spent my time in front of monitor for weeks to find out how to put one picture on right place :D