xisto Community
birudagmawi

Telemarketing Calls, How Do You Stop Them!?!

the best way to avoid the calls from tele marketers is to list yourself in your nations Do Not Call List. Even if you receive calls after that then you can report it to the authorities.

My wife works in telemarketing, her company is not like most of the telemarketing companies that usually only sell poor and useless products at a medium to a high price, no, she works in a very good company, at least they are honest and they sell a good product and proven quality, not BS like most of the companies in that business/market, and i am not defending her or else i would not reply to this topic, and just for the record, there are almost 15 enterprises of the same company all arround Portugal (Europe) and my wife is the second best tele-operator and she never lied to anyone that picked up the phone to listen to her presentation, and i am proud of saying what i am saying write now.So keep it together when you or anyone else talks about telemarketing, i am here always and forever to wash the mouths to whoever offends this line of work or market, you are not forced to by anything too, only if you are a sucker, and if you are too afraid to listen because you know you will be influenced and hipnotized to buy buy buy, then that perhaps is the real problem, listening does not harm people, not to anyone, i am sure of it, and telemarketing, even for the disonest operators and companies, you just buy if you want.Telemarketing is not the problem, disonesty and other defects of people is, so here is my solution for people afraid like yourself, if you do not want to listen to tele-operators:If some tele-operator from some telemarketing calls you, tell him that her/him is paying 5 or 10 dollars/euros an hour or a minute, then i am sure she/he will close down the phone in a blink of an eye, if not, say in a nice way that you will never buy nothing and that you are afraid of her/him to hipnotize you to buy (he he he).What do you think, is the first solution better then the second one, or is the second solution more real then the first one?I guess you better do not talk bad of telemarketing again, and when they call you, if that happens by any chance, which there are a lot in the future according to my knwoledge of that market worldwide, say nicely to make her/him disconnect because you are not a litle bit interested in any of their products.Remember, if you are nice to people, nice is what you will get from people, and vice-versa.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

Yes, there is a list online you can sign up for and it prohibits telemarketers from calling you, however, due to many people being on this list you will be more likely to get junk mail in your mailbox everyday.

Get unlisted from the directories, and have a fake number registered with liscense plate (or a mobile) and just when they ring up, use it as a joke, have some fun, eg."Hey babe, so, dinner at five still ok?""I hate you, why do you dump me and call me back!!??!?!?!"etc etc. Don't ask to be taken off the list, most can't edit the list (eg. a callcenter connects to a database owned by PhoneTec, and if they delete it, its deleting others property) and youll just waste time. You could be really really rude, and they possibly can leave a comment next to the number as "don't call, is a maniac"

I signed up for the Do Not Call List a couple of years back and I have to say (for me) it's been very effective. I used to get calls all the time, especially from six o'clock to eight o'clock. Now, even though I occassionally get calls from charities and such, I don't really get advertisments about switching my phone or satellite company or people trying to sell me rediculous products.

There have always been, ever since I can remember telemarketing calls. They always call looking to solicit crap that no one would ever buy in their right mind. Even after repeated calls to cease and desist, they never listen. My question is, is their some type of hot line where I could call to add my home phone to a do not call list? :P
And what do you do to combat against telemarketers, and their pre recorded calls....

I've come to learn that list is a scam. They've been selling numbers on that list to marketers. I'm on that list and the past few months I've been pounded with tele-marketers. I changed my number because of it.

The easiest solution is to not have a phone. Get a pager! Lmao

If you request for them to take you off of their list they legally have to. Be as rude as you feel the need to, they don't have any consideration for what you want. It's a lot of fun to mess with them, like putting a telemarketer through to another telemarketer. Anyway I always just say, could you take me off your list because you just interrupted my dinner and I have no interest in your product. I still get a call every year or so though, but most of the time it gets rid of the really pesky ones.

I don't know about other countries, but in Canada telemarketing is a real nuisance. Especially those 'blank calls' that are counting how many people pick up!

I got this information from people actually in the telemarketing business. If you're outside Canada I don't know if they work but it's worth a try.

If you tell a telemarketer to take you off their list they are required by law to do that.

If you say 'no' three times they are required to stop trying to sell things/get your opinion.

Therefore the best way to do it is pick up, say no three times, tell them to take you off their list, and hang up. I've been doing this for quite a while and I get almost no junk calls anymore. Except those blank calls. They still annoy me.

STOP phone soliciting by telemarketersTelemarketing Calls, How Do You Stop Them!?!

I get about 3-5 calls a day and I am getting extremely 'ticked' off with the Government for not stopping this type of ABUSE towards the Canadian public. I now answer the phone and get extremely irate with them and tell them to remove my name and number from their list. They don't do as I request and the next call asks for my wife. There has to be a way that these people/companies/corps. Can legally be stopped from doing this type of soliciting.

-reply by R.J. Reading

Urgh I completely agree. Telemarketers are so annoying, and they always seem to call around dinner time (when I'm definitely going to be home). I've registered on the do not call register and I've gotten less calls but some organizations can somehow work around it i think?I've taken to just hanging up (as mean as it sounds) haha.

I think you should try these three ways:

First method: Contact Customer support of mobile & landlines phone company and ask them to stop calling. This method is likely to fail cause telemarketing people work in shifts and they'll call if shifts change.

Second Method: Post a letter to editor in some famous newspaper or magazine, describing your problem and of course requesting newspaper company to not to disclose your name. Most of the time, such telemarketing companies likely to bounce back in wrong manner.

Third Method: If above two methods don't work then you can file FIR to nearest Police station. That way, they will stop calling you. If Police/cops do some actions against them.

But please do remember that people who call you in marketing company are humans like you and me, so don't vent your aggression on them. They're doing their job for bread and butter. So if you want to stop such evil & irritative marketing trick, try and hit the root of problem instead of hitting on branch of problem.

Edited by mahesh2k (see edit history)

Some of you may not realized it but it is again the Telecom Act of 1992 to use an autodialer or prerecorded message to call a wireless communications devices (cell phones, pager, etc) unless the call is made for emergency purposes or with the called party's prior express permission.  What you have to do is fill out a form with the FCC on fcc.Gov.  I believe it is form 1088G.  The link is https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us . This is regardless if it the number is on the do-not-call list or not! This also includes unsolicited commercial e-mail messages to a wireless device.

-reply by Travis