xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowx

Problem With Firefox, Latest Version, Not Loading Pages any ideas?

Hi allIve had this problem for a little while now, i cant say exactly when but it started with sites such as youtube and has spread out from there really, the biggest culprits are youtube and myspace.The issue is that if i was on youtube and wanted to watch a video i would obviously click the link, firefox would then show the loading bar and my page loading timer would start but it would never actually begin loading, the status bar would say "loading" or if i clicked the link again it would show "stopped" yet the loading bar would be there. Needless to say the loading bar never shows any progress and it never loads, its not just lagging it never loads and im on a fast connection so almost any site loads within 1O seconds easily but i have left it fr a few minutes and not even one section lights up on the loading bar. A few causes i can think of are me changing the settings in about:config to allow higher pipelining and max connections or maybe my extensions im using, namely, the IE tab, fasterfox, window resize and the FDM addon. If anyone knows why this happens or how to fix it then do tell!

First thing to do is to re-install FF2 without those 'speed hacks'. The reason I suggest that is because those Hacks have been circulating on the web for a couple of years and although they worked on the older versions of FF, some of the suggested changes re 'hardcoded' into the Browser and will not work. In particular, network.http.pipelining.maxrequests is now set for a maximum value of '8', so trying to force a larger number gets the default of '8'.Try this and see if the blank page problem goes away. :XD:

Extremely interesting....especially as on a friend's computer, their firefox would stop access to all pages EXCEPT youtube...so suddely all the pages would time out, until you visited youtube (or a couple of other sites), at which point the internet connection would magically reappear: I get the feeling that there is more to that site then meets the eye....

about one month ago i downloaded mozilla firefox 3.0 beta 5 and install it on my p.c but soon i found that there is some error regarding the loading of page i donot know why it is so, if anyone knows please help me i will be highly obliged to him.

Try using a new profile for a short while. I don't know how to actually do this, but it will be on google somewhere. This will make sure its no "speed hack" or anything wrong with your profile.

i can't access some forum sites while i'm in firefox, the error is something like "Content Encoding Error: The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression". but i have no trouble visiting the sites in internet explorer.

My recommendation is to never play around with the Firefox setting unless you are someone who has helped in coding the browser itself. If the webpage will not load, it's probably a network failure on your ISP's end or could be a server down on the pages hoster. Also some plugins may have caused this error, its important you use the right mix of extensions and addons.

Firefox Problems Loading Multiple Pages and/or TabsProblem With Firefox, Latest Version, Not Loading Pages

I'm beginning to see a pattern. 

I recently downloaded the Firefox update. When I click on my internet connection, it takes a really long time just to load my google homepage. When it finally loads I have problems opening multiple tabs. It's almost as if I lose my internet connection. Sometimes the page will eventually load. Other times it will say "Problem loading page." What the hell is going on? Should I try and download the older version of Firefox again? Can I just remove the update? 

-question by Stel

Firefox on mac suddenly slow to load pages. Sporadic.Problem With Firefox, Latest Version, Not Loading Pages

Same problem here. About a month ago firefox on my macs started sporadically taking a long time to load pages. It is frustrating and not consistent. My windows machines on the same home network are not affected and load perfectly. Firefox will sometimes just spin and spin, then finally load, or occasionally timeout.

-reply by rich

Same Problem Both Uploading and DownloadingProblem With Firefox, Latest Version, Not Loading Pages

I'm having similar Firefox problems (Mac - Snow Leopard). I blog and podcast a lot; so I'm constantly uploading updates to WordPress. I'm also active on Twitter and FaceBook.

I've done an A/B test with Safari which uploads and downloads quickly. 

I first tried Mozilla's troubleshooting recommendations (remove add-ons). I even removed the Google toolbar which seemed to help for a while. So I reinstalled Firefox but kept a copy of my profile file. (In Mac OS 10, you'll find the profile, using the Finder, at /Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxx.Default.

The profile contains all your settings (bookmarks, passwords and cookies); so back up the xxxxx.Default file to your desktop first. Then drag the Firefox icon from Applications to the trash. Re-download Firefox. If you want to try reinstalling your profile, then drag it from the desktop to the Profiles folder.

If you want to start fresh, which I'm about to do, leave the Profiles' folder empty and Firefox will create a new one. It's a hassle, but if you're watching the "loading" tab in Firefox for 30 seconds before it times out, with a fresh copy of Firefox 3.5x, you have corrupted or compromised files in your profile.

See Mozilla at the following link for the complete process:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/uninstall-firefox-from-your-computer?redirectlocale=en-US&s=reinstall&redirectslug=Uninstalling+Firefox

-reply by Brian Prows

Everybody,

I just found out my self, in my sense

that the problem is caused by the AVG link scanner that causes the loading of a page especially on you tube to take very long time to load, I already predicted that it occurs due to scanning of whole things that the page contains,

I think, anyone should volunteer to post a report on AVG forum site about this problem

I have the same problem. Firefox can't load multiple tabs, pages! It can however load just one tab/page, at a time. Once I give him to open lets say ... 4 pages in the same time, it stops loading as if my internet doen't work anymore!

Please note that Firefox is the only one doing this! Internet explorer works fine, Opera works fine and even Google Chrome works fine! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH FIREFOX?!?!?!?!

PS I use ESET Smart Security but before the update, I didnt had such problems!

AVG Link Scanner - Disable it!!!Problem With Firefox, Latest Version, Not Loading Pages

AVG Link Scanner was the problem.  Good call on that one.  Went in an disabled it and all loading problems went away.  This also occurred with Chrome and IE as well.  AVG needs to fix this...

Same problem...Problem With Firefox, Latest Version, Not Loading Pages

No AVG on my box..

Just got the latest firefox update and I have the same stupid problem.. Argg.. Only one tab seem to work reliably at a time.. What is this, Netscape circa 1997?

I downloaded th latest version manually and reinstalled, from scratch.. Same problem.. 

-reply by Fabian