xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowx

Problem With Firefox, Latest Version, Not Loading Pages any ideas?

FIREFOX SUCKSProblem With Firefox, Latest Version, Not Loading Pages

Hi, I also have problems with Firefox 3.5.7

It doesn't load multiple tabs in the same time. If I browse just one tab at a time I guess it works but if I try to browse like 3-5 or 10 tabs, Firefox hangs for a few minutes. After a few minutes, it will eventually load all of them.

My internet Connection is 5MegaBytes/S (that means 40MegaBITS/s) so it's a ****ing FAST connection that should load just about ANYTHING!Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and even OPERA loads instantly multiple tabs! Only FIRE**** stucks! I have no freaking idea why!

P.S. I USE ESET SMART SECURITY but my rules are set to ALLOW EVERYTHING to Firefox.

-reply by FIREFOX SUCKS

Had the same or similar problem (XP/SP3, Firefox 3.5.7). FirefoxSudently didn't load any webpage any more, while an olderNetscape/Mozilla version 7.2 still worked pretty fine. FirefoxUninstalling/re-installing just worked for a short time, but withRe-booting the system the situation was as before.My problem could be solved just through creating a new profile and, as described a labnol.blogspot.com/2007/09/firefox-runs-slow-speed-memory-fast.htmlDon't forget to backup your bookmarks beforehead, as you will have to re-load them afterwards again.Hope it will solve your problem(s) as well. Good luck,Mike

-reply by Mike

Firefox blocks me from signing in to yahoo.comProblem With Firefox, Latest Version, Not Loading PagesI don't know what has happened but I cannot sign in to yahoo because Firefox keeps blocking me. I can no longer access my e-mail. What is the problem?-question by wanda

Firefox (and other browsers) not loadingProblem With Firefox, Latest Version, Not Loading Pages

Just followed the advise above, disabled AVG link scanner and I am back in business - no more freezes.  Thanks

-reply by MCohrs

New firefox update not workingProblem With Firefox, Latest Version, Not Loading PagesI'm having the same problem since updating firefox around 16 February 2010. The page keeps crashing when I visit yahoomail for example and various other regular sites. Annoying as I have to now use IE for the web which is so slow.

have to load pages TWICE to display...Problem With Firefox, Latest Version, Not Loading Pages

For awhile now, not knowing what is causing this, I need to reload most pages to display the page I'm going to.

I have firefox 3.6 with AVG, Spybot Search And Destroy, made use of FasterFox, and about. Blank tweeks I need help on this please anyone. I will respond fast and any more questions about my configuration would be helpful. 

Also noticed and don't have a solution is when I print a web page from firefox, the header and footer has garbage characters in it. This happens also with my wife's machine. We have an Epson Artisan 810

Thank you everyone!

rreinman

-reply by rreinman

A few weeks ago I was one of Mozilla's biggest fans but since I tried the last version of Opera I'm thinking of giving up the old firefox...

I installed an addon for the fox with some themes and another plug-in that automatically loads the next page that worked good at the time but after a while mozilla started going really slow , using 50% of my processor (which is 100% of one of my Core's) and sometimes more then 800 MB of RAM .. at least that's what the Windows Processes Menu showed me , the only solution was to delete the proces and start the firefox again.. which was annoying considering that it could force me to close while in the middle of some important work.

I tried reinstalling it but it was useless..same problems. After a little research on the web I found a little trick using Mozila Firefox Profile Manager.. if you'll google it you'll find more about this.... it practically succedes where Reinstalling the whole application fails.

Even so , after changing profile , at least in my case..I still felt like it was time for a change.

I gave Google Chrome a chance and it actually wasn't that bad ... but still not impressive. Now , after trying Opera everything changed , everything loads so fast and surfing the net is so smooth , no excesive RAM used , also the procesor doesn't go over 25-30%.. so one word , EXCELENT.

For me now this is how things look like :D

Posted Image

Before this I've used Firefox for more then 2,3 years without any complains. Maybe in time after a few updates I'll go back to give it another chance , but this time with no themes , or useless plug-ins and addons which the net is full of considering this browser is Open Source.. so everyone cand publish diferent stuff for it.

why were the add ons and the plug ins added anyways?maybe firefox works fine when the operating program is installed again, firefox is downloaded and installed again and no add ons and no plug inss are downlooaded.

Firefox (and other browsers) not loadingProblem With Firefox, Latest Version, Not Loading Pages<p>Just followed the advise above, disabled AVG link scanner and I am back in business - no more freezes.  Thanks</p>-reply by MCohrs

I recently started having problems with Firefox not loading pages (just "working" for eternity), and after spending hours hunting Mozilla support forums and trying dozens of "solutions" from downgrading versions to running Firefox in safe mode to doing a complete clean reinstall, I finally found this thread. Yup, I have AVG, and yup, disabling link scanner resolved the problems completely. I have no idea why this just started happening to me, because I've been using a combo of Firefox and AVG for years. Nevertheless, I'm just stoked to have a resolution, and now I can spend the rest of my evening reinstalling all of my plug-ins, add-ons, and themes that I disabled for nothing. :(

Many thanks to the anonymous stranger who posted 16 November 2009, for apparently being the only person in the world who figured out the AVG Link Scanner - Firefox conflict! :wub: