xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

My Domain Showing Blank Page (not Timeout) On Load [resolved] It works through an anonymous proxy

As far as I know this problem has been on me for one, maybe two weeks now. When i try to access my site all I get is a completely blank page. The source code also shows a completely blank page. I would provide a screenshot, but there's nothing there to see!!!!!!! Bear in mind it's not a timeout error, and the title bar, instead of showing the real "page title" and favicon, just shows my site's address. This problem is the same in both IE & FF.

I CAN login to the administration area for my site with /administrator/ on the end, and that works, along with the other domain hosted with my account.

And probably the most useful bit of information is that I can access my site okay using an Anonymous Proxy.

I believe there has been a topic like this before with the same problem, where the guy said changing his ip address solved it. I have tried to do this but it still gives me the blank page. I'm not sure if it is my IP address, but if someone would be able to give instructions on how to properly change it (I'm using a router to access broadband) I'd appreciate it.

The Daily Rant is working just fine for me when I click the link in your siggy.:confused:

it could be your ISP, what I recommend is go to a proxy site like this one and see if it shows up. If your website shows up in the proxy then you could have IP problems in which I would suggest getting a hold of tech support and see if your ip is listed for that site. Like haslip I can see the website to so it could be on your end.

it could be your ISP, what I recommend is go to a proxy site like this one and see if it shows up. If your website shows up in the proxy then you could have IP problems in which I would suggest getting a hold of tech support and see if your ip is listed for that site. Like jlhaslip I can see the website too so it could be on your end.

yes, as I said it works fine in proxy sites... Now I'm pretty sure it's only on my end as you guys can see it alright...

Which tech support do you mean SM? As the site is my own, it's not as if I have listed my own I.P. Address and banned it!!!

How would I go about changing my own I.P. address from my computer? (windows)

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

How would I go about changing my own I.P. address from my computer? (windows)

This depends on what sort of Internet connection you have and how your ISP manages it. For example, my ISP uses dynamic IP addresses for my ADSL connection. Rebooting the router, or telling it to drop the connection and then reconnect, will get me a new IP address. However, some ISPs use static IPs - each connection is assigned an IP that stays the same even after you disconnect. Try unplugging your router and plugging it in again - either at the plug socket or the telephone connection. This will force it to reconnect to the Internet and, if your ISP uses dynamic IPs, get you a new IP address. If the IP you get is the same, phone your ISP and request that they change your IP address. It is likely they will want a reason, so explain why you want it changed and they should be able to help you. They may even be able to offer another solution to you.
The other possibility is that the router, or your computer, has cached the webpage at a point when there was nothing there, or it couldn't access the site. Rebooting the router and clearing your cached pages on your PC should fix it if this is the problem.

Hmm well I checked and my IP does change on router refresh. I've changed both the external (ISP) IP address and also my internal (Network) IP and still the problem persists. I also clear cache and cookies as a matter of practise so I really have no idea what to do :P** MY SITE NOW WORKS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY IT STARTED WORKING AGAIN... BUT AT LEAST IT DOES! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP**

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.

godaddyMy Domain Showing Blank Page (not Timeout) On Load [resolved]

No it's not on your end - clearly ! If you were able to access theOther domains hosted on same host (which are actually not in many casesWith gdaddy, which alone makes a hint). Basically they get trouble withDNServers and need to refresh them, but even after their advanced team(not the guy with a handout infront of him that knows less than yourAverage myspace geek and keeps talking about your ISP, which is such aLow blow to blame the customer ***? ) Anyway if some people are able toAccess the site, others not it's ~100% name server timeouts. Now to theRoot: godaddy hosts up to 2500 or > sites on one server - THATS WHATI CALL GREEEED! considering Bob Parsley, from his own words would notInvest in anything but Gdaddy basically proves the point . I hope heFails! cuz thats just stupid, to have so much and be greedy and have aWorse service than a kid with apt servers, which go out only whenElectricity is out. 

-reply by mename