xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Galahad

Vandals Why do people feel the need to destroy??

Name:t'@@Email:tasha@I have done vandalism and got arrested about 6 times its only because I was with people that done drugs and break things but 25 years on I feel really bad so I'm sorry to the people I hurt and now I have had my car ruined by paint stripper-t'@@

Vandals - Why do people feel the need to destroy??Vandals

I have a simillar problem in my town, Tilton, NH USA. It's starting to look like Resident Evil! Here's what I have noticed:

The area is a high drug-trafficking area. In fact, drugs have become so rampant, people don't give kids smoking on the street a second glance.

They didn't give any attention to the 3 masked teens knocking out a bridges guardrail supports at a stoplight on Rt. 3, either.

Shops go in and out of business monthly. There is currently a building on the main road so derelect, it looks like it's from a B-rated slasher flick.

At the end of the 07-08 school year, there were 8 girls in the middle school and 13 girls in the high school pregnant.

There are literally NO entertainment venues in town! (Golly gee! I wonder if people are vandalizing, sexing, and getting high because it kills time? <(8B))

Discuss.

(Note: On the bright side, the dying town gave me an idea for a journalism class editorial within a day of it being due /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley4.gif)

The way I see it,people vandalize and destroythings because it's a desire to cause some effect on peoples lives. They like to think. "Oh look what I've done!This will change things for them andI wonder what they're reaction will be? " The reason these people do this is because they don't know howto contribute in any positive way.It's complete loserville but unfortunatelythe world is full of them.

Edited by networker (see edit history)

That really sucks man. The worst part about it is that the chance of figuring out who actually commited the crime is slim-to-none. Do you happen to have full insurance(and if so - are you reporting it?)?We, at one point, had someone that was slashing tires in our neighborhood for over 3 months. Well, not slashing, but sticking picks in the tires. And then later on someone came around once every couple weeks with a BB gun and shot out the windows on 1-2 random cars.It's frustrating. I don't really see why people do it, either. They never stole anything, they did it just to be rude. The biggest thing I can't figure out is why people do that over and over. Why is it seriously worth the jail-time for them?

Vandals really irritate me. I have no idea why they feel the need to destroy other people's property... I had my car parked in our college carpark one night and the next morning practically all the cars there had their windows smashed in.Seriously, was there ANY point in doing that? There was nothing valuable in my car to steal, they didn't steal the car, they just felt on some random stupid urge that it would be nice to break someone else's property, get away with it and have a good laugh or something. SO frustrating!I dont' see how people can get a kick out of it... seriously how would they feel if i did it to them

Vandals really irritate me. I have no idea why they feel the need to destroy other people's property... I had my car parked in our college carpark one night and the next morning practically all the cars there had their windows smashed in.Seriously, was there ANY point in doing that? There was nothing valuable in my car to steal, they didn't steal the car, they just felt on some random stupid urge that it would be nice to break someone else's property, get away with it and have a good laugh or something. SO frustrating!
I dont' see how people can get a kick out of it... seriously how would they feel if i did it to them

You know, I played out some scenarios in my head to determine why someone would do that. I actually came up with a couple of possible reasons, but whether or not either of them is true I do not know.

1)There is the possibility that they do it in hopes that there *is* something of value in one of the cars. Maybe by doing it to more than one they are "enhancing" their chances at that phat loot. Or it could be so that when they do take something, everyone is so worried about all of the other cars as well as theirs that they don't really notice the items are gone.

2)Maybe they do it because they want some type of recognition. The people who do that stuff often go around bragging to their friends about what they "got away with." So it could just be for social recognition.

3)They could be so high and/or drunk that they don't even realize what they're doing.

4)Maybe they busted out the windows in hopes that there would be keys in one of the cars, to steal it. Or tried to hotwire some of them but failed.

Obviously everyone who does that would have a different reason for it, but those are a few possible reasons that I came up with.