xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Galahad

Vandals Why do people feel the need to destroy??

I think that one of the main reason that vandals do what they do is that they have no concern for anyone else but themselves. Whether or not they're selfish or they're more of a sociopath who knows right from wrong and don't care, it shows an inherent lack of concern for the welfare of others. What that means is that people who want to vandalize have nothing better to do with their time, and it has been shown that those who vandalize may also go on to worse crimes, so my idea is that you need to be strict from the getgo and maybe you can deter some of these people from trying to get away with things.

I think that while it can be done as revenge or to hurt a specific person or individual it can also be done just against anyone as a reflection of the emptiness inside a person. You don't have things so you want to destroy what others have. Perhaps it's a reflection of pain, you have pain so you want to cause others pain. Maybe it's just a twist on sadism.

Thats too bad man, I personally think that there is no reason to vandalis anything... ever. and I am of the oppinion that people vandalise others property for one of the following reasons... 1. lack of respect/disipline, 2. well their just idiots and 3.their jealous, I know where I live its most likely that their idiots, most of the time there is no reason they just do it and don't think about the consequences. It was most likely just kids 'playing' and just not thinking. I know our old car had an adult sized footprint in the size, that I don't quite understand but I would guess alcohol was involved somewhere down the line.

Vandals I think are people who are pissed off and wreck anything on their way.For example here in Holland (and England) there are hooligans, when their soccerteam looses, they can put whole cities to ashes, in a matter of speech. I have the idea they are brainless peoples who can't think beyond their own "world" so they can't see what they do to other peoples. Oh and usually they are drunk as [bleep].

some people are just stupid and bored and feel the need to destroy things, but dont take the matter into your own hands because that can make things worse an then who's gonna get your window fixed then?...so do find out who did it, but dont murder them

In moast cases the reason for vandalism is too much alcohol (maybe drougs), because a lot of people are very agressive when they are drunk so that means they have to brake everything in front of them. Vandalism in not only destroying on the street. I know i few guys who were totally drunk and the broke down a small night club; they trow chairs around the club broke all windows..but after that they were caught by police and they get an "reward". I think we should be more carefull about that drinking thing, because more teenagers starts to drink very early (around 13-15 years old). Maybe the second reason for vandalism is unstable family; maybe his parents are fighting all the time, maybe the reason in alcohol in family...there are many reasons why would somebody broke down something he doesn't own...I think that pearson should visit psyhiatrist. That's my opinion.

i don't even like vandals. Stupid people. I don't think its fun. You find fun in wrecking other peoples property. what if other wreck your stuff? just plain annoying.

Vandals are scums! One time I was leaving a Chinese New Years party and guess what! My mom's lexus was smashed! Im guessing they tried to get the engine because there were places where the hood was partially lifted up! Not only that, they smashed the lights and made huge dents!

There are so many vandals in Australia these days that it is just not funny anymore. Everywhere you turn you see something that has been touch by vandals. It is so annoying and frustrating. Especially when it is something of your own that gets vandalised.People need to learn to respect other things belongings, property and learn to leave things alone that dont belong to them. Man this is something that really annoys me to the point as to where I am going to boil over.

Tonight, some stupid *BLEEP* broke the rear window on my old-timer car... And what for? No idea... Now it's gona take me weeks, or even months to find a rear window to fit the car... Stupid =CENSORED=ers... God I was so pissed off, I though I was gona grab first person to come along, and beat the living =CENSORED= out of them...

I have Fiat 1300, made in 1972, and it's a great car, in mint condition, and someone found it interesting to break the window. And while parked in front of my own house! God! $#@!#@%$#@%!%!%@!#@^$*%#%#&$

I was swearing and cursing for 20 minutes straight! Stupid =CENSORED=ing morons with =CENSORED=ing =CENSORED= for brains...

And when I find out who did it, and I will, believe me, it's gona be all over the news... I'll kill that =CENSORED=ing bastard(s)!

34924[/snapback]

Hey don't feel bad. My boyfriend had just bought his first truck which was about eight grand and he had it for two weeks. One morning he woke up to go to work (he lives with me) and found his tire was flat and there was a dent in the side of the door. Well the tire was flat because of a knife and someone tried to break into the truck through the door but almost broke the window instead. There was soda and stuff all over the truck. The door is busted and the tire alone was $150. Turns out it was his brothers idea but it was my old friend who did it. Needless to say I hate that piece of ####.

Vandalism is due in no small part to a lack of intelligence and maturity .... when I stand at my bus stop and read the graffiti there, my heart sinks .... not only is the spelling atrocious, but there is nothing intelligible being expressed .... for example "I WUZ HERE" .... or "MICHELLE LUVS ANDY" .... well isn't that grand???

then there's cigarette burns all over the bus shelter .... what the hell is that all about??.... we also have kids setting fires to trees on a regular basis .... why??

there's no excuse .... it 's just ignorance and a general lack of respect for other people and property .... you just have to hope that they'll grow out of it .... and then have children of their own, who'll carry on the vandalism tradition!

and don't say it's down to boredom .... we've all been bored as kids growing up .... but we had to amuse ourselves by using our imagination .... something I that is sadly lacking in today's generation ....

Posted ImageOkay, I'll get down off my soapbox now ....

Haha soapbox :ph34r:No serious, most graffiti stinks, like those simple words, but sometimes they make real graffiti wich I think always is a pleasure to look at, because some are ral artwork. Most walls are just dull concrete and such a piece can make it way "happier" lol