xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

The 100 Credit Challenge! Will You Get Them? 100 Credit Challenge By Jimmy

we'll see :) i just really wanted to know how "difficult" this would be. lol. not to mention you asked for SM's help. and besides, you also mentioned that you're putting some trap history. i don't like history that much though. but i try :)

I had a look at the page, really got nothing out of it. I am just just not getting what's expected... :)I guess those 100 credits are not for me then... :)

sylenzed, I wouldn't give up just yet...No-one has the password... so you still have plenty of time!!!just think about the clue... it's pretty short, so there can't be much confusion over the meaning, you just have to work out the context...

sylenzed, I wouldn't give up just yet...No-one has the password... so you still have plenty of time!!!

just think about the clue... it's pretty short, so there can't be much confusion over the meaning, you just have to work out the context...

Okay so I have to get a password off the clue. And I am sure it's related to Julius Ceasar but ah well ... I only know 2 things about him. His name and he had to do something with Rome. :) I'll try.

Okay so I have to get a password off the clue. And I am sure it's related to Julius Ceasar but ah well ... I only know 2 things about him. His name and he had to do something with Rome. :) I'll try.

Well yes, rome...

You will also know something else to do with him and it has a relation to the important italic word...

Tramopsch Was The First To The Second Challenge!!!!!!!!!!

At the point of this edit serverph seems to have sompleted everything, but is holding back for a glorious win (I have yet to recieve his e-mail!!!) Watermonkey is close on his heels no less.

The Lion seems to be confuzzleing people, and rightly so... :)

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

Well yes, rome...

You will also know something else to do with him and it has a relation to the important italic word...

Tramopsch Was The First To The Second Challenge!!!!!!!!!!

At the point of this edit serverph seems to have sompleted everything, but is holding back for a glorious win (I have yet to recieve his e-mail!!!) Watermonkey is close on his heels no less.

The Lion seems to be confuzzleing people, and rightly so... :)

Ack bloody hell ... I got caught up in something, got busy and didn't care for this challenge and now it's 4 AM and I am just bored out of my wits. I'll bang my head and try to sleep. :)

We Have Winners!!!!!

1. Serverph - he kindly took the dignified option and chose the 30 credit reward!!!! Congrats to him for completing the whole thing so quickly, leaving the other's in the evil cloud behind him :) - got final gnome riddle right 1st time!

2. Tramposch - recieves 70 credits!!! He got in there closely followed by watermonkey... Even having time to make some graphic lion art along the way!!! Also I give him top points for the hilarious answers to the final gnome riddle:

Because the black helmets attracted the sun, thus heated up faster, thus causing the last gnome's head to begin burning quicker, thus causing him to believe he had a black helmet.

LOL, and also

He sees the other white helmet just chilling there on the table, and infers by process of elimination that his helmet is black. (both of these are wrong if you wish to attempt it urself!)

3. Watermonkey - Booby prize - he did well to say the least. Stuck in there after being one of the first to notice the jpg abnormalities...

I award him 15 credits for his valiant effort and also some great gnome answers too :)

Well here's the big *BLEEP*ing clue for the boobie prize: The last gnome

saw that the other two were wearing the only two white helmets,

therefore he had to have a black one on.

*BLEEP*ing gnomes...

and see:

Well, I'm thinking that the riddle is written in a way that indicates that that's one big helmet to be placed on two gnomes. If that's the case, then one of the two wearing the helmet just sees that they've got a big black helmet over them and tells the other. Otherwise, the gnome wearing the white helmet simply tells the other two they've got the black one. Right?

Also, one moment.... Hmmmm.... Yeah yeah... I'm still working out that stupid riddle with the gnomes... I wonder if they're underwear gnomes...

LOL :)

As you can see my challenge both aggrevated other Trap members and it also made them tired beyond belief... I myself need to sleep for staying up to watch the carnage!!! I especially like the doubters at the beginning that there was actually no password at all! and all the people selling wrong answers between each other like use photoshop and zoom in really far ^^

Soon I will be posting the solution to my credit quest (in a hidden div so you can choose to look or not). If you want to do the challenge yourself after this, you can, I'll leave all the pages up! just don't look at the answers cos it really makes everything too easy. The challenge was in working out what to do!!!

Thank you, Thank you very much, i am famous.. MUAHAH lolMy answeres were the best :{] LolTook me a while to actually get it all... but the only reason it took my so long to get it.. i kept typing the URL in wrong!! i mean omfg

People actually solved this :), from what it sounds like my question took the longest to figure especially for the newer members of the forum; mind you that question was geared to the older members or people who thought such as I when I first bump into. Of course if people knew the difficulty of setting up that image you would understand why it took so long :), and it only took 6 hours to get this completed, I guess when free credits are up for grabs I guess it would take long :).

I got bored.. so feel free to put this in your signature winners..

Posted Image

serverph - Won first place in Jimmy's 100 Credit Challenge, and kindly retired to second place, to let Tramposch get the 70 Credits

[center][img]http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4103/serverphqd8.png[/img][color=red]serverph - Won first place in Jimmy's 100 Credit Challenge, and kindly retired to second place, to let Tramposch get the 70 Credits[/color][/center]

Posted Image

Tramposch - Tramposch took second place in Jimmy's 100 Credit Challenge, and got rewarded the first place prize, because of serverph's generosity.

On the last level, he answered:

Because the black helmets attracted the sun, thus heated up faster, thus causing the last gnome's head to begin burning quicker, thus causing him to believe he had a black helmet.

LOL, and also

He sees the other white helmet just chilling there on the table, and infers by process of elimination that his helmet is black. (both of these are wrong if you wish to attempt it urself!)

[center][img]http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/267/tramposches4.png[/img][color=red]Tramposch - Tramposch took second place in Jimmy's 100 Credit Challenge, and got rewarded the first place prize, because of serverph's generosity.On the last level, he answered: [/color] [quote] Because the black helmets attracted the sun, thus heated up faster, thus causing the last gnome's head to begin burning quicker, thus causing him to believe he had a black helmet.LOL, and alsoHe sees the other white helmet just chilling there on the table, and infers by process of elimination that his helmet is black. (both of these are wrong if you wish to attempt it urself!)[/quote] [/center]

And Last but not least:

Posted Image

WaterMonkey - He won third place, just for his effort, in Jimmy's 100 Credit Challenge, and he answered this for his last riddle:

Well here's the big *BLEEP*ing clue for the boobie prize: The last gnome

saw that the other two were wearing the only two white helmets,

therefore he had to have a black one on.

*BLEEP*ing gnomes...

and see:

Well, I'm thinking that the riddle is written in a way that indicates that that's one big helmet to be placed on two gnomes. If that's the case, then one of the two wearing the helmet just sees that they've got a big black helmet over them and tells the other. Otherwise, the gnome wearing the white helmet simply tells the other two they've got the black one. Right?

Also, one moment.... Hmmmm.... Yeah yeah... I'm still working out that stupid riddle with the gnomes... I wonder if they're underwear gnomes...

[center][img]http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/9541/watermonkeyjy2.png[/img][color=red]WaterMonkey - He won third place, just for his effort, in Jimmy's 100 Credit Challenge, and he answered this for his last riddle:[/color][quote]Well here's the big *BLEEP*ing clue for the boobie prize: The last gnomesaw that the other two were wearing the only two white helmets,therefore he had to have a black one on.*BLEEP*ing gnomes...and see:Well, I'm thinking that the riddle is written in a way that indicates that that's one big helmet to be placed on two gnomes. If that's the case, then one of the two wearing the helmet just sees that they've got a big black helmet over them and tells the other. Otherwise, the gnome wearing the white helmet simply tells the other two they've got the black one. Right?Also, one moment.... Hmmmm.... Yeah yeah... I'm still working out that stupid riddle with the gnomes... I wonder if they're underwear gnomes...[/quote][/center]

:) I hope you like them lol

This was the lion art jimmy was talking about:

Posted Image

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

Hmmm well for all of you who are completely bamboozled and can't do it, I've done some clues and the outright answers! Bear in mind that once you see the full answers, the challenge is no longer a challenge at all and becomes too easy!

To see the clues, expand this box:

Challenge 1, password clue:

Hidden
If you need an extended clue: it is "Seize the reward, Julius Ceasar. Hang on... what was his language again"

Challenge 2, lion clue:

Hidden
The lion is not an ordinary lion... he says .rar

Challenge 3, trap history clue:

Hidden
Somewhere on these forums... you just need to know where to look!

challenge 4, gnome riddle clue:

Hidden
It's all in the moment of pause...

challenge 5, encoded e-mail clue:

Hidden
binary?

To see the answers, expand the following which you're stuck completely (WARNING! - complete spoiler. Rarryawn will eat you if you look at these!)

Challenge 1, password:

Hidden
To look at the clue and figure Julius ceasar's language of choice was latin!! This part required you to notice the need for, and use, an english to latin translator available all over the web and get the latin of reward. This word was chosen carefully since there were few translations and most were similar, with one word praemium being the important one. I originally had seize the prize as the clue but different translators were sometimes not showing praemium as a translation... Praemium was the best translation for the conext of reward here...

Challenge 2, lion:

Hidden
You're in! now all you get is a lion. Similar to the Lion art made by tramposch!!! The lion had been aptly named by serverph as rarryawn so the clue, unsurprisingly was rarr, and the lion was yawning! you had to figure this was no ordinary lion... if you looked, the code did not at all look like a jpg! It was actually a .rar archive containing a text file compressed into the image! all you had to do was rename it to .rar and extract with a program (this is the one you might have needed) If you know the effort it took to get this damn lion to rarr, it was a worthy challenge for you all!

Challenge 3, trap history:

Hidden
Having uncovered the text file, if you read it, you are posed with the question. "How many hosting packages were there before the credit system and how many posts were required for the best package? And when you had this answer you had to go to

www. dailyrant.org.uk/[8x number of hosting packages].[2.8 x number of posts required for best package].htm (it said this in plain english in the txt file!)

This turned out to be 32.280.htm - and this was the question that really tripped Trampy! kept typing in the address wrong!! There were four hosting packages and 100 posts was for the king package!!

Challenge 4, gnomes:

Hidden
Now you're posed with the final question. A wizard has two white helmets and three black helmets that he shows to three gnomes. The gnomes close their eyes, and the wizard places a white helmet on the first gnome, and a black helmet on the last two.

They open their eyes and the wizard asks them what colour helmet they are wearing. After a moment, the last gnome announces that his helmet is black. How does he know?

There was a perfectly logical answer, which could also have been obtained easily wnough by careful use of google... (tho I did deliberately picked a site low down in google's rank to "borrow" this question from!) It was this; if the last gnome had been wearing a white helmet, the second would have immediately yelled that his was black! since there was a moment of pause, the last gnome knew his helmet must be black also!

Challenge 5, email:

Hidden
you had to send this to an email address. Unfortunately though!!! I was evil and decided to make the challenge contain one more step! the email address was shown on the page, but I encoded it in binary!!! simple enough to know what to do, google turned up a load of binary to text converters!

I wanted to make an addition to the challenge 5 answer..:

Hidden
It is usually not Binary to Text, it is usually Binary to ASCII, if you do that, you will find a better result :)

:) I was just getting excited abouth this contest, so I kept reading the thread util I saw Tramposchs banner. Lol, it had already been solved. Guess I will just try it for the fun of it, though I think I already read the answer.

Congratulations to all the winners. I actually knew the first one but i didn't type it in sadly. I though it would be to had tocontinue, And it was :).OH wellFirst prize winner. Congratz to SeverphSecond Prize winner. Congratz to TramposchThird prize Winner. Congratz to WatermonkeyWell congratz to all the people who have something thatatleast looks like a brain :) lolThat's the best anyone gets these days