xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

The 100 Credit Challenge! Will You Get Them? 100 Credit Challenge By Jimmy

Right... so I've seen so many competitions recently and this gave me an idea. I'm going to host a 100 credit challenge.

Now, I hope that you will take part. It requires nothing from you, except you're brain!!!

The challenge has started!!!

The starting Link is up go here.

Finding the password (one word, all lower case) is the first challenge! the clue is shown on the page there... Nothing to do with Xisto at all... think completely outside the box!

Don't get me wrong, it will be a very difficult quest. But then again, with over 3 months free hosting credits *of my own!* being given away, it deserves to be a challenge. Mighty hordes of good luck to you all :)

The first two people who I recieve the finishing e-mail from (final clue will require you sending an e-mail somewhere with an answer) and who send me a CORRECT answer, will recieve the credits. I will only award the prizes to Hosted Members, but you are welcome to do the challenge if you are not and get hosted quickly - I will wait a day or so on your request and if you're hosted by then, you can have the credits (provided you're first or second ofc!!!).

Right... The challenge will include some tricky lateral thinking exercises, a couple of tests on your ability to find helpful things on the net and a quiz-style question on Xisto history. All the information you need is there somewhere.. you just have to put two-and-two together! You may need some additional software sometime during the challenge! Most people will already have something for this purpose, but there are many different free trials of programs around if you need it.. google it!

Thanks to SM for helping me develop and test this challenge, and NEITHER of us will give ANY clues or help to any one member.

Moderators and trap staff MAY have a go! Opaque and BH if you're up for a challenge and have a rare spare moment, this challenge is perfect!!! there's nothing stopping everyone from doing it, and you can tell me in the final winning e-mail if you want to recieve the credits or not (if not you will be a named winner and the next quickest person will win the credits :) )

Please don't cheat this challenge. I've tried to make it pretty solid, but nevertheless I'm relying on the honesty of us Trapees :)

First prize: 70 credits

Second prize: 30 credits

Secret Booby prize!: 15 credits

We have official winners: see my post a bit lower down for some comedy details!... 1. serverph 2. Tramposch 3. Watermonkey

See below for spoiler answers and some clues if you still want to do the challenge yourself, although don't look at the spoilers if you wanna give this a go! it's too easy when u know what to do!

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

I can't help NOOO!!! :) Well lucky for me my memory is pretty crappy so I won't be able to help you anyways :) But I will watch in the background as people are losing their minds trying to figure this stuff out....my memory is pretty crappy...see what I mean I forgot what my post was about :).

Are Staff Members allowed to enter? Please specify. I would enter it as a challenge, but most Staff members don't need the credits anyway...Thanks.

Hey ill try this, sound very fun!I tend to be good at these types of things, although I have never done them before..And if you say that staff are not allowed, I really do not think that is fair, I mean why wouldn't they be allowed, its not like they have unfair credit acceleration ammounts per post? they are just members who help moderate the forums.. It would be very unkind if you choose not the include them.

lol i'll try this one! :) maybe you should list people who wants to enter so as to end some confusion before you start the game. some people might be posting after the contest has ended. it's not like the Xisto anniversary where people can still greet a happy birthday even without getting credits anymore. anyway, just for some clearance :) i'll join.

It's around 4 AM GMT now, so well we've got 14 hours left now ... cool!I am definitely giving this one a try, got around 90 off 3rd Anniversary thread and now this one and a couple of more posts and free domain here I come! :)

Okay, It's great to see so many people already in ;), I'll add a bit of info!!

Jim, Staff members can enter!! I really don't mind who does this, and the more people the better! Just I can only award the credits if you're hosted, otherwise we'll get people losing 40 or so creds when they activate, and possibly spammers coming in just for the creds!! If you're a staff member you can still do everything as normal and then when you send me the final e-mail feel free to say if you want the creds or not...! I'll announce winnners as I get them!

At the end, if you complete the credit quest :) you will be asked to e-mail me some details, and so I'll have a list of the people to complete in order... that's how I'll decide the two winners, the first to complete the challenge! Don't worry I'll look in my spam inbox too :)

This challenge will require Lateral thinking at every stage, so think outside the box. It's quite easy when you know what to do, so working out where to go next is the tricky and the fun :P part!!

Don't take anything in this challenge literally!! there is one part where it is obvious, the bit on trap history, but that's the only straightforward thing, once you have the answer ;)

If anyone can PM me when they think they've got past any tricky bits, please do! It's great to be able to see how far people are getting. I can also keep tabs on the current running winners, and on any overtakers!

Oh year, one important thing, please don't post any solutions or hints about the challenge when it's going! think about your post and if it will give anyone reading it an advantage. It's okay in a PM to me though! This is pretty obvious, but I thought I'd say it anyway!

See ya at 6 :)

Do you mind like.... making a chart on the topic of what time it would be for like all the comon time zones?Because it is a big pain because i don't actually know how to... like... translate it.. because people have been telling me est is -5 hours from gmt +5 and like +7 hours..

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

Okay I'm sorry, from the time of this post, the competition will start on the hour in three hours and 36 minutes!. If the time is a little off, it's on the nearest hour!

first post will change when the challenge is available!

it seems like your rules already have a lot of loopholes and you haven't even started yet. the timezone would really be a problem since not everyone in this forum is concentrated on just one timezone. i actually mentioned to you that it would be a bit hard for me to think because the time you set is equivalent to 2 in the morning. but i'm awake right now, so nevermind. i think it would only be hard for those who'll be logging in at the most inconvenient time, and worse, if it's after the game has ended. i'm still up for it though. i wanted to know how "difficult" really this is as you've claimed in the previous posts.

It will be hard. Especially if you don't know what to do :)I can whizz thru it myself in about 3 mins, but that's only cos I know what to do and where to go lol!When you get past each step, (it will be obvious, like you found a new page or password etc.) please PM me so i know how far people have got! It's no fun otherwise :) I will write who is the furthest so you know whether you're doing okay for time...

that's cool i guess. but i think you should keep them as secret so people won't know how many steps some members are leading compared to others. you could mention the ranking but not the "number of clues" they've solved.

Good idea, it seems you're full of em (**really hoping he's not that amazing at challenges as well!)

I'll only announce the ranking then, who is leading and by how far (time-wise)