xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TikiPrincess

How Do You Cook Your Ramen?

I recently picked up the econo-case of Nissin's Chicken flavored Top Ramen at Costco. I know that it isn't the best brand out there, but it's the most economical. I'm trying to stretch my dollars as much as possible right now, which is why I love Xisto. I figured that there are probably a lot of you out there who've had to make a meal from a package of ramen, and I wondered how many different ways there are to make ramen since I have soooo much of it.I usually soak the noodles until they loosen up and separate, then I fry them up with a little sesame oil, soy sauce, and a little sprinkle from the flavor packet. If I have veggies or meat, I'll add that as well. It's especially good with green onions and minced garlic. Of course, I don't add flavoring if I'm using beef or shrimp instead of chicken.So how do you cook your Ramen?

:) Add water and throw it in the microwave. :) I like Cup of Noodles I think they are better and taste better too plus there is veggies in it. :) Boil water throw it in let it sit. Mmmmm. I Quote "Thats Good Soup!" End Quote.

Wow, I've never thought about frying it up with other stuff... that's a really good idea and I'll have to try that out sometime.I've never really been one to eat soup too much, so I typically just cook up the noodles, drain them and then sprinkle the flavor packet on top of them that way. Sorry that I can't be more creative for you lol...

I once used to buy some chicken on a stick from a neighborning restaurant. I'd add the chicken to a spicy beef ramen noodle after its fully cooked. It tasted so good, yet the place that made the chicken closed down. :)

I make them as a soup, with the same amount of water as recommended on the package, but I chop up veggies, mushrooms, onions, etc and add that into the water while the noodles are cooking. Sometimes I add a beaten egg into the mix, too. It turns out like an Egg-drop soup, add a little soya sauce and it is pretty tasty and healthier then the salty package of flavouring the noodles come with.

:) Add water and throw it in the microwave. :) I like Cup of Noodles I think they are better and taste better too plus there is veggies in it. :) Boil water throw it in let it sit. Mmmmm. I Quote "Thats Good Soup!" End Quote.

Same here ;) . Yours sounds pretty tasty however, I might have to try it sometime. It's good enough with just hot water for me. Quick, easy, tasty, and a little bit unhealthy ;)

Well at home I usually put them in the microwave then add about a quarter of a packet of seasoning and some alfredo sauce. I also like just putting grated cheese on them with melted butter, that makes my mouth water thinkin about it.Here is what I do if there is no access to a microwave or any fire or metal pots typically in a situation where you are locked up(jail). Just pour water in the bag and leave them sit for about 20 minutes and then you got good soft noodles.Maybe even crush up some cheez its and cut up a beef stick with the right amount of water you got a good chee-chee that might taste better than home.

Sometimes I make spaghetti like ramen noodles out of stuff I have at home that's left from each days usage. You can sort of make wonton if you have a tub of chicken soup in powder form. Roll meat balls in rice paper and voila. But of course there's more to that. lol. Frying it like your way makes it sound goood. I should try that one day.

eggs, pepper, chili, leftover veggies and meat -- added after cooking noodles for three whole minutes. bring everything to a brisk boil for another minute, then serve. :) i'd like to try tiki's fried ramen soon also, sounds tasty.

Usually I toss in some chopped green onions into the boiling water. I also learned back in 2002 from a friend that it would be a great idea to crack in a raw egg, which I thought was pretty weird at first but acutally helped to make the meal more filling. These days I don't even bother to pour into a bowl- I just eat it straight from the pot.

I'm a fairly boring kinda ramen gal. I either fix it by the package instructions ( okay loosely base the cooking on the instructions), preferring the cream of chicken, roasted chicken, beef or pork flavors OR I forget the packet all together, dump out the water and just add butter and salt. Oh yeah and I NEVER break up the noodles. I have, however had a really nice ramen based dinner with shrimp, watercress and onions. That was pretty nummy.

I cook it the most laziest way possible. Open the package, plunk it in a glass bowl unbroken, pour water on it, place in the microwave for 3 minutes.... wait.... and then I stir it up at the 1:30 mark... and then wait some more.... the proced to get the sifter, and drain the water from the noodles. Put it back in the bowl, put the flavouring on it, stir it up alot... and eat it....

My daughter has you beat in the lazy department. She loves ramen no matter HOW it is presented to her. I can open a packet of it dump it on a plate and sprinkle some seasoning on the brick and she'll chow down on that in no time flat. I tried that once just to see what the appeal was. To this day I have no idea though....ICK!

I love spices, so I add chilli powder or chilli oil. Usually, it comes with the noodles anyway. I also add a lot of ingredients such as leafy vegetables, meatballs, fishballs, shrimps... depending on what I have at home. It usually takes a short time because most of my ingredients are already cooked and just need to be heated up. I make sure it's a balanced meal. Who says instant noodles are unhealthy :P