xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

Symantec AV corporate edition. Contrary to what people say about Symantec, it is superb. No resource problems. In any case, what is important to you, protection, or a bit of memory? Though it uses less of your system than some claimed slim AV products.Never caused a single problem in three years of using it.

I don't know which is the best anti-virus but I am sure that Norton is not the best. I was using it for 8 months but it was a resource hog. My system used to take a lot of time in booting. And when I scan a file I could not do any other task on my pc because lack of RAM. Last week I have replaced it with AVAST Home Edition and I am pretty happy. If I will feel some problem later than I will try AVG Free. I have searched a lot on internet before my decison and found that people are in favour of Avast than AVG so only I have choose AVAST over AVG. Anybody has good comparison of both of them them please shere here.

Ah, ok maybe Symantec is good, but I have heard about its resource problem from more than one source (almost all actually). McAfee is one of the best I know. It is going down a little bit now. F-Prot is supposed to be one of the best free antivirus followed by AVG (from a magazine test of about 18,000 viruses F-Prot got 16,000+ of them and AVG much lesser that maybe more than a couple of thousands, not sure about the numbers though). I used PC-Cillin and as far as I know no one who has it, has regretted. The newest on PC-Cillin Internet Security comes with Firewall, AV, email scanner, etc and is supposed to be one of the best in the industry. It costs about $50/year I think. I am planning on buying it as mine is going to expire soon. Neat, fast, and catches eveything, not to mention the lagest antivirus provider in the world. Another one worth mentioning is: Microsoft. That's right! Microsoft has already purchased an antivirus firm and an antispyware firm earlier. So I think it will also be a considertation. We will just have to wait and watch.

I Think Norton 2004 with windows SP2 And ZoneAlarm Software = block Hackers attack and Virus and Worms Norton has Gold Real ScanIn Background You working with PC norotn Try to Scan file by file on Your hard disk and RAM and movable Drive

I am useing SP2 firewall with Zonealarmwhen i shutdown my zonealarm SP2 alerting :Dits really funny sp2 has firewall but looking for software and zonelarm looking for AV software if AV shutdown Zonealarm alert And SP2 Alert i think best System has 10 Firewalls :D and 5 av with 3GIG Ram And 3Gig Cpu for support this softwares Its Really joke because we are Using windows Family another Os is very secure then widnows

I?m using Panda Antivirus Platinum V7.07 with Firewall. The Prog. updates a few times every day and the Firewall is smooth going. In addition i also use Zonealarm pro firewall and so far i didn?t got any problems with intruders or viri. The catch is is you have to pay Panda regular to keep the updates going for 6/12 month.

I didn't understand what that means can you please explain. You have to pay for what?

I use cisco pix hardware firewall and ZoneAlarm pro for my desktop. I have looked at a couple of others but I like the ZA personally. :D

In addition i also use Zonealarm pro firewall and so far i didn?t got any problems with intruders or viri.

I use ZoneAlarm Pro, too. It keeps just about everything out, but when you have to update it or renew your subscription it can get kind of annoying. I think ZoneAlarm is free, but you have to pay for Pro. Also, you have to set it to let stuff access the internet or act as a server. I gave Paint full access because Paint is awesome. >_>

ZoneAlarm is really slow. Which of the two are the best, Avast! or NOD32? can you recommend a STANDALONE firewall and fast?!

Karlo,

Have installed dozens of firewalls for friends. Norton is suffering from program size bloat. ZoneAlarm (free edition) is slow but good- Pro edition is faster. Have never had a puter infected while using AVG(even the free edition) but have been infected when using Norton & McAfee. The chart link referenced in the post above is accurate.

Hope this helps

RGPHNX

ZoneAlarm is really slow. Which of the two are the best, Avast! or NOD32? can you recommend a STANDALONE firewall and fast?!

55402[/snapback]

I use Zone Alarm free version it is good no problem at all. Avast antivirus is supposed to be one of the best it also has a firewall and best of all it is free.

I use Zone Alarm free version it is good no problem at all. Avast antivirus is supposed to be one of the best it also has a firewall and best of all it is free.

55510[/snapback]

I am using Avast it is pretty good but It has built in firewall????????????? I don't think so.

Zonealarm is ok. but try running it and norton together and they screw up.Tiny Personal Firewll has gotten rave reviews from friends of mine.I personally prefer the McAfee Suite--running Virusscan 9.0 and Firewall 6.0blocks a hell of a lot of attempts.