xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I recently deleted AOL from my comp so I no longer have the spyware it offered. I am in the market for some better software anyway and already use AVG for anti-virus but I can't find any real good anti spy.

Got any suggestions?

36485[/snapback]

Microsoft's AntiSpyware Beta is also good. It is really fast and propmpts before running scripts, registry files, etc. so that you can review each execution. Not only that, but it also removes history and protects your computer while it's on the internet. Also detects shell changes. It also has a liveUpdate feature, and can be set to scan while your PC is idle.

hi could someone help me im looking to get a new anti virus but i dont know whats the best to get. whats the best anti virus please help. ^_^

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Moving from google misc. AND renaming title to make it more descriptive
Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

I currently use Norton AntiVirus and Personal Firewall. Both work together and are very easy to set up and work with. They are kept up-to-date using a similar system to Windows Update, where they download information about new viruses once a week. I've found Norton to be very user friendly, everything is set out logically and is simple to understand.There is a yearly cost to keep the updates going, which does turn some people away, but generally the updates are released quicker than free progams, therefore offering more protection.I would recommend this pair of programs to anyone who needs to secure their PC.

yeah i using norton right now soon to upgrade it and webroot which really cleans out the spyware and adware also using tune-up utilities as well to clean the computer even more.

There is also another very good free antivirus around, called antivir. I've used this before with avg. I find that when you have two or more virus checkers working together there's a greater chance that the virus will be found.Hope this helps ^_^

There is also another very good free antivirus around, called antivir. I've used this before with avg. I find that when you have two or more virus checkers working together there's a greater chance that the virus will be found.

Hope this helps ^_^

198251[/snapback]

hey... GREAT advice... screw up ur comp and slow it down... thats what will happen if u run more than one anti-virus and u dont know what ur doing... ud have to change settings and everything... and sometimes u cant even do that... only run ONE antivirus... more than one antispyware is ok... but not antivirus... as for my suggestion... i have NOD32... its free and really good... it scans anything incoming (emails, IMs, recieved files, etc...)

Ive seen many people saying that they use Norton or w/e.. Infact the best Firewall is ZoneAlarm by far..

If someone gets a packet spoofer and uses it on you NOrton gets screwed and they have easy access to your computer..

Zonealarm on the other hand recognizes it and is unaffected therefore undoubtably the best firewall..

A packet spoofer like the one I mentioned is xxpoof which can disable most firewalls..

The other firewalls mentioned also get spoofed easily allowing telnet and other ways to hack..

Now coming to The Anti-Virus part, ZoneAlarm and Norton are about the best you can find.. I did have some major problems with Norton so im sure that ZoneAlarm is your best friend.. The others usually dont perform as well but this is not from experience and is more of a General Statement because I simply dont have the time to try all of the aforementioned..

On the whole getting the ZoneAlarm Security Suite proves to be worth-while and helpful...

I do not have a favorite anti virus YET because so far what I tried are Mc Afee, Pccillin, and the one I'm using right now - Panda Platinum 2005 and I use Webroot spy sweeper for my spyware/adware remover. So far among the three, I do not see any difference at all when it comes to looking for viruses. I heard AVG is good and it is free. Can anybody attest to that? I'd like to try it out sometimes after I'm done with Panda Platinum. Thanks. :)