xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

as said before sby bot in my choiseit doesnt do all the work but it covers 95 % of itif you cpu is "big" :P you might install 2 different options fe. adware + spybot and have them watch you pc security :lol:

I have been using ad-aware for awhile not, but I cant seem to find one software that could clean out all adware all the time for me? I have to use like 3 or 4 different softwares in order to clean my computer almost every week. Stupid norton system work isnt doing a very good job when im surfing the web. Are there anything out there that would prevent and stop all adware from messing up my computer right away?

Again, Spybot S&D has an option which allows you to 'immunize' your system. Besides that, use a firewall. I personally only use WinXPs firewall.

Although, the only type of spyware you will find is most likely a cookie or two if you have Adaware running in the background.

use Norton Personal Firewall 2003.. i find its the best.. it promts you on all applications that attempt to access the net and it alerts you of all the people attempting to access you computer

I don't like NIS, it blocks too many things, and it's just a pain in the rear to go and undo it's faults. Windows XP filrewall is what I currently used, haven't been hacked once.Now, it's only a matter of time until I reinstall norton.. but for now, it's pretty good.

Again, Spybot S&D has an option which allows you to 'immunize' your system. Besides that, use a firewall. I personally only use WinXPs firewall.

Although, the only type of spyware you will find is most likely a cookie or two if you have Adaware running  in the background.

Yes, "immunize" is a useful option.

I use ad-aware and i find its the best so far.. i've yet to come across a better 1... spybot search and destroy is ok but it didnt find everything ad-aware did

I have been using ad-aware for long time. But when I tried spybot search&distroy, I found it could find more adware, like these:--- Search result list ---
Lolita4All: Bookmark (Internet Explorer: .DEFAULT) (Bookmark, fixed)

Lolita4All: Bookmark (Internet Explorer: gufenghe) (Bookmark, fixed)

Advertising.com: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: gufenghe) (Cookie, fixed)

Advertising.com: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: gufenghe) (Cookie, fixed)

Alexa Related: Link (Replace file, fixed)
C:\WINDOWS\Web\RELATED.HTM

All-In-One Telcom: User settings (Registry key, fixed)
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\gsoft

Avenue A, Inc.: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: gufenghe) (Cookie, fixed)

DoubleClick: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: gufenghe) (Cookie, fixed)

DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, fixed)
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

Evileye: Log file (File, fixed)
C:\WINDOWS\APPLOG\IRSETUP.LGC

Evileye: Autorun settings (INI Delete, fixed)

HitBox: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: gufenghe) (Cookie, fixed)

HitBox: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: gufenghe) (Cookie, fixed)

HitsLink: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: gufenghe) (Cookie, fixed)

ValueClick: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: gufenghe) (Cookie, fixed)

ZipClix: IE toolbar (Registry value, fixed)
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\{319A68DB-06D0-46DA-9F93-A810D5A70836}

Double Posts are considered to be spam. Please try your best to keep posts to one message. A useful tool in doing so is the "edit" button. :P

Considering this is probably the first time, I won't delete either post.

Edited by Zenchi (see edit history)

the one i'm using is sygate personal firewall pro. so far, it hasn'tgiven me any problems yet.