xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

Naw firewalls are useles... they dont help .. well they do .. but they jus cause more trouble..

Firewall or anything only useles when you know about them and use them true correct !

Special about firewall , if you don't know much about it then you hard use it correct !

Well, well, well...

Firewalls are useful! But you must know how to use them. If you are not sure how, simplest is to install Zonealarm free and opt for automatic settings.

That will take care of the rest.

Not having a firewall in your machine is like not having locks on your house doors. Not only that, leaving them open too, when you have a lot of goodies in the house!

Take care mates...

Zone Alarm..

I find that the best firewall, Norton Firewall 2005 should be out soon..

SP2 has a decent firewall, but I'm 56K, so I'll have to wait.. Lol.

Phantom, if you are on dial-up, no need for despair. Microsoft really gives a free CD delivered to your doorstep free of cost. I got it!

Just go here and order

It is true.

This is what MS says:

Order Windows XP Service Pack 2 on CD

Thank you for your interest in the Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD. Microsoft will ship the CD to you free of charge. This CD includes the same Service Pack 2 software that is available for download from Windows Update.

Share This CD with a Friend

After you have installed Service Pack 2, Microsoft encourages you to give this CD to a friend or family member using Windows XP.

Getting Started

Please choose your country/region and language from the appropriate drop-down menu below. In order to successfully install Windows XP SP2, you must order the CD in the same language as the version of Windows XP that is currently running on your computer.

Please allow approximately 4-6 weeks for shipping.

OK, I got mine in 10 days!

Good luck!

May be you can try this one:

Spybot - Search & Destroy

https://www.safer-networking.org/

It's also free. :(

Don't use this one!! It can mess with your system something fierce... I know from personal experiance with this specific adware remover. It was recommended to me by the panicware company a while back. After I installed an ran it I restarted my computer and there were system files missing. The damned thing eat them...

I would stick with Ad-Aware. That is what I'm using now and it seems to work the best out of all the other adware removers out there.

I don't have any trouble with it. In my opinion, it works even better than Ad-aware.

Yes, i have outpost pro, it has way less problems than zonealarm. Don't get kerio as it will mess up your internet connection when u uninstall. Outpost rules over sygate by just a bit, features and interface. There are too many sygate copycats.

AVG is quite good. I am currently using it now. It detects most viruses and is reliable. However, the only complaint I have is that bad user interface and the frequent updates needed to keep it working flawlessly.

I think norton is (one of) the bests, you get an message when you get attacked, and you have much en fast updates.

Norton makes your PC so slow!!Couldn't run Far Cry properly (stuck in the middle of the game, that sort of things)
When I removed it and turned to McAfee it runned rather well!!
So I stick with McAfee :)

i dont like the free ones out there, i just pay a few bucks and get norton.... i find that theyre really good with the updates and such....the thing about free software is that u never know when theyre going 2 stop developing it....atleast w/norton i know that as long as they have paying customers, they'll keep up2date!