xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

Well anybody who surf the net must have a firewall. I use the Zone alarm firewall. A firewall will help you keep trojans and viruses at bay. Even trojans infect your comp they can't send info out without your knowledge.
:P

I use Norton. I guess it's good since I haven't got hacked yet . Every once in a while it says it's blocked a trojan attack, but I assume it was probably just some program trying to use a common trojan port.

There are very few common ports unless your comp is on a local network using ports to connect. Normally a comp will have the http (80,8080),ftp(21),email ports on. If any program tries to use some other unknown port then it may surely be a trojan.
Do you use any p2p software. If so it maybe the prog which use other ports.
:P

I've been using MCafee antivirus + firewall for ages but now... if I update it, it crashes every time it starts! ;_; Luckily the firewall still works...

I use Norton Antivirus, although the subscription has run out :lol: ill have to upgrade that...I would recommend Adaware also...yea, i know its for spyware, not to protect you from viruses, but its still on the "destroying badness" theme...

I don't use software firewalls (besides XP's) becasue I have 2 routers with built in firewalls. The software just makes it all more complicated becasue it won;t let me FTP through 4 firewalls and it blocks many other stuff.I have had people try to DoS me and my firewalls blocked it all. :lol:

I use the mcafee security suite 6.0, which has a personal firewall, virus scan etc. all in one!i dont use the built-in XP firewall because that blocks some of the p2p programs that i use, and other important stuff...