xisto Community
TypoMage

6th Sense? Do we have another sense?

I dunno. I definitely believe in a sixth sense, just because... well, I really don't know, but some times, things are waaaay too strange to be coincidence. P.S. Nice poem :)

I don't beleive in this. This is sheer stupidity lack of concentration or too much concentration whatever it may be but all in all it is stupid.

Ahhh, my poor brain, Mich! Fortunately, I've been subjected to LEET speak and NOOB. I think I'm finally capable of TXT, but definitely not fluent.But back to the topic at hand, I remember reading some article about how deja vu is actually just a glitch in our memory processor. Things are transferring from our short-term memory to our long-term memory and our brain kinda forgets for a second, so it's like we're see something all over again. However, I've woken up from dreams and gone about my day only to have the events in the dream happen in real life as far as a year later. I know that it's not some memory glitch because I would write about the dream in a journal and go back to it when the event happens to check the date and everything. Not saying I'm psychic or anything, I just think that when we sleep, our minds are much more open and sometimes our conscious mind taps into the subconscious mind. Considering that we only actively use 10% of our brain, there's a lot of stuff going on in that subconscious that we have no control over or even any idea of what it's possible of doing. Those people with great intuition, whether you call them psychics or something else, may simply be able to tap into their brains more than the average person.

Ahhh, my poor brain, Mich! Fortunately, I've been subjected to LEET speak and NOOB. I think I'm finally capable of TXT, but definitely not fluent.
But back to the topic at hand, I remember reading some article about how deja vu is actually just a glitch in our memory processor. Things are transferring from our short-term memory to our long-term memory and our brain kinda forgets for a second, so it's like we're see something all over again. However, I've woken up from dreams and gone about my day only to have the events in the dream happen in real life as far as a year later. I know that it's not some memory glitch because I would write about the dream in a journal and go back to it when the event happens to check the date and everything. Not saying I'm psychic or anything, I just think that when we sleep, our minds are much more open and sometimes our conscious mind taps into the subconscious mind. Considering that we only actively use 10% of our brain, there's a lot of stuff going on in that subconscious that we have no control over or even any idea of what it's possible of doing. Those people with great intuition, whether you call them psychics or something else, may simply be able to tap into their brains more than the average person.

Yeah, even I saw something related to that, but the thing is not that there is some memory glitch. The part of the brain which gives meaning to the image and from our eye takes them to the brain properly kinda stops functioning. So you get pretty absurd dreams as the combination of sense+image is lost and the only facttor here are images, random and utterly absurd. Like flying down with some staircases flying down.

Or atleast something like this as far as I remember.

we do have a sixth sense, it is a small part of the brain on the very front of our foreheads, it analyses previous experiences, knowledge with what is currently happening, that is why you sometimes get the feeling that something bad is going to happen. It may not be so accurate, but it certainly can save your life one day.

Yep it is very weard, the feeling you get that someone is going to call you and the phone starts ringing after a few seconds, or, as you mentioned, you feel like someone is watching you from behind and there really is someone there...Stuff like that is hard to explain, mostly people think about it as coincidences, but I think that we do have telepathic abilities, all of us! The problem (or maybe not a problem, because the whole world would be a lot different if we could use telepathic powers) is that we do not develop these capabilities!However, it is a question whether this is a sense or something else. I think that senses are more materially oriented than for example telepathy and that is why it is more of a 1st power than 6th sense...

I can feel when someone is watching me. Weird. I do think there is a sixth sense. I also said when I woke up one day, "Boy, I think I might get ten dollars today!" And later that day, when I went to a family party, my uncle gave me $10! This is worth doing research on!

I don't beleive in this. This is sheer stupidity lack of concentration or too much concentration whatever it may be but all in all it is stupid.

An intriguing stance taken here... :) Could you please ellaborate on this some more? As to why do you think so? I would like to hear all about it!

we do have a sixth sense, it is a small part of the brain on the very front of our foreheads, it analyses previous experiences, knowledge with what is currently happening, that is why you sometimes get the feeling that something bad is going to happen. It may not be so accurate, but it certainly can save your life one day.

Yep it is very weard, the feeling you get that someone is going to call you and the phone starts ringing after a few seconds, or, as you mentioned, you feel like someone is watching you from behind and there really is someone there...Stuff like that is hard to explain, mostly people think about it as coincidences, but I think that we do have telepathic abilities, all of us! The problem (or maybe not a problem, because the whole world would be a lot different if we could use telepathic powers) is that we do not develop these capabilities!
However, it is a question whether this is a sense or something else. I think that senses are more materially oriented than for example telepathy and that is why it is more of a 1st power than 6th sense...

Wow ... so many possibilities of a 6th sense and so many different things coming up, do we like have more than just 1 unknown sense or powers? This seems to be quite much of a possibility too now to me seeing the different replies of people on what they think is our 6th sense. Skin sensing energy let out by other humans, expectancy and telepathy. :)
The question of it being a sense or a power is quite good but first I would like some more concrete knowledge of these strange things that cannot be explained logically or scientifically as of yet. I hope the talk of scientists working on it is real, 'cause this topic is intriguing me more and more. Hope we find out something about it in our life time!

i belive this too! i remember that when i was very young, and starwars 1-3 weren't even out yet and i hadn't seen 4-6, i had had "visions" at times of things from starwars. i rember once seeing kamino and the imperial city on coruscant while playing as a child before i ever saw starwars, even the millenium falcon, death star, lightsabers, battle droids, clone troopers, and a few more things. then i saw those things in thr actual movies, and it was weird! as if i had seen parts of the movies, evwen rembering certain scens before seeing them! i one had visions of wha my next pet would be, a back and white sheltie, and it came true! i really think we may all have a hidden 6th sense!

perhaps this sixth sense is an undeveloped human ablity progressing as humans become more and more intelligent in their progression of advancement. as in some sci-fi shows, theories of higher planes of existence and such are shown and explained theoretically.

Thanks for those links Imtay! Would look them up, they sound interesting! :)

Wow allot of comments. Looks like most of you do believe in this. While a few others do not. Which I think is a little unfair I mean do you have any proof to back it up?

I think this is quite much a probability as I have had dreams consisting of 7 to 8 weird things with no link together and the only thing I remember is that I had a dream, nothing else. And then later on when those events occur we realize we had seen it somewhere ... maybe in a dream according to me.

That's right

I have a sixth and a seventh sense. My first one is I know when to buy scratch tickets. If I get an urge to, I win at least a ticket. I also know when to roll (dice) on World of Warcraft to get items. I'm bad luck to bring around since I win most items. My seventh sense is I can detect if a person is truly bad. I detected this on two marriages and a few neighbors I had. No one believed me until after all of the bad things happened. (I think the seventh one runs in my family. One of mu aunts also had a bad feeling on one of the same marriages and she was right.)