xisto Community
TypoMage

6th Sense? Do we have another sense?

hello friends,though i am a very rational person and i do not believe in superstiotions and believe in the supremacy of the laws of physics, but still i have to say that i believe that we have a sixth sense... and i hope that we some day find a scientific reason behind this....though i can just think and imagine of one which i will discuss later...first of all i would like you to know that why i believe in sixth sense so strongly...the reason being that i experience deja vu almost atleast once a month... also apart from that there are some other experiences also which happen quiet regularly which make me believe in sixth sense.... first of all the deja vu part...like other people who have this deja vu experience for a small instantaneous time i would say that i am have experienced more lengthier time periods of this thing ... in fact there have been instances where it has happened for 2-3 minutes and i have been able to predict to myself that what next the person in front of me will do or say...just 3-4 days back i was sitting on my computer and my mother, father and brother were talking... at one point of time i felt that i have seen all these scenes as well as talks before also...then i felt that now a phone call will come and it did happened....before i could have told someone the phone bell rang up....but i have been able to tell my brother i think 1 or 2 times that look this will happen next... i am telling all this very seriously and i am not joking....also there have been instances where i was able to sense that what is in the future....and this has also happened many times...like i would like to tell you people the last one...i went to drop my brother to the bus stop....he got into the bus and when the bus started i had this strong feeling that if i did not overtake the bus then it will malfunction somewhere...but i delibrately did not overtook it...and what a shock i was in for...when my brother came back in the evening he told me that the bus had a flat tyre just after 10 minutes of ride....and these kind of things keep happening regularly with me...so what i think about this is maybe there might be certain extremely small pockets of very strong gravitational or other kind of pulls which might just fold the space time curvature so that it becomes like a roll... so when we pass through them we see for an instantant the future... one can ask that if the force of gravitation there is so high then why doesn't it pull us or any other substance...the point is that maybe that force is working on a very very small area so that it is quite great for that area but not of any substance in our big world...like the charge on an electron is so high in terms of charge per unit area but in real world the charge on a single electron is negligible...now coming on the second thing that was discussed in these posts...dreams...one person said, and i beleive that scientists and doctors also say the same, that dreams are like just scrambled images of what we have seen till date...i would beg to differ on that also...because some dreams that i remember have scenes, places and faces that i have certainly not seen before that dream...i dont know whether those scenes, places or faces exist or not in reality....but one thing is sure that i have never seen certain of those things which i have seen in my dreams...and the last point that was raised in this post was that of ...human energy...so my dear friends i think that it has been scientifically proven upto a certain level that bodies emit certain kind of electromagnet energy...so may be that is the reason behind all that we experience...this is a nice post....i will keep visiting it and i would like others to also write in this post...ok bye friends...keep writing..

The sixth sense is Deja Vu, then the sixth sense is your intelligence. If you are a very right brained person and find yourself to be quite creative your brain could have imagined a situation based on the personalities of the people that you know and how you expect people to work, causing you to hypothesize a situation and create DejaVu.

I consider my sixth sense to be that of sensing what is metaphysical in nature. I hadn't really put much effort into expanding this theory of mine, as trying to explain what it feels like to sense the metaphysical is near impossible. Perhaps one day metaphysics will be among the trusted sciences of the world, and work without the field will be much more progressive.

I believe in this too. Its a sort of thing that you can get from high concentration and being very smart/creative. Others think of it as a "myth" or something a "magician" would do.

we do have a sixth sense, it is a small part of the brain on the very front of our foreheads, it analyses previous experiences, knowledge with what is currently happening, that is why you sometimes get the feeling that something bad is going to happen. It may not be so accurate, but it certainly can save your life one day.

Well, which part of the frontal lobe is it then? Also, that isn't the 6th sense, it's called memory, which isn't accurate and recalls previous experiences which happen to be just unclear enough for us (not all people though) to interpret it as a deja vu feeling.

Yep it is very weard, the feeling you get that someone is going to call you and the phone starts ringing after a few seconds, or, as you mentioned, you feel like someone is watching you from behind and there really is someone there...

Right, but what about all the times you get the feeling wrong? So it only counts when it's right? Not fair. You only remember that you feel like somebody is going to call you because it confirms your thought, if it didn't, then your brain would pass it as irrelevant information. Also, you notice somebody behind you by chance and by delicate sensory cues. Most of the time, this would startle you and your brain would investigate what's behind you, and the sensory information would get little attention by your consciousness, therefore making you conclude that you knew the person was there without hearing or seeing anything. (At least that's my theory of it.) I draw this from the fact that nerves can act on reflexes. For example, if you had no sensory cues that a lit lighter was to be brought to your hand and burn it, you would have no idea it was there. Simple enough, right? And once it reached your hand, your hand would actually move itself away from the flame before you even realized that the flame was there and was about to burn your hand. Therefore, I think you turn around to spot the person behind you before you even realize that you heard (or all other senses that apply, except this "6th sense") the person in the first place because you've been startled.
Honestly, if this was true, why don't they set up experiments. A test subject would be blindfolded and would be wearing ear muffs (and all other possible senses taken care of), and somebody would walk behind them. The subject would not be told the goal of the experiment, would be told that everybody was going to leave the room, and would have to be able to identify that there was somebody behind them. This experiment could be used on thousands of people to prove the final results.

So you're saying that the concept of fortune-telling and future-seeing might have become a sense in the human system.... I agree to this a bit. I completely understand that humans can occasionally sense what will happen a few minutes before it happens; the chemicals and systems inside you allow allow this to happen. If humans can sometimes sense what will happen several minutes before it happens, this little skill can be named as a sixth sense. It is quite understandable...

If humans can sometimes sense what will happen several minutes before it happens, this little skill can be named as a sixth sense. It is quite understandable...

I can sense that I will breathe in the next 10 seconds. I have mastered the 6th sense, because I'm never wrong!

well it makes sense in some sort about a 6th sense like what you said when you think someone is watching you and you spin around and they're their, thats happened to me a few times...when my friends were going to try to push me in a locker :XD: but anyway along with "deja vu" one time i had a wierd dream and the next day i saw it happen..it was only like thirty seconds but i remembered that dream and then saw it in real life, of course that happens once in a blue moon, i highly believe that we do have a 6th sense however i believe that is is almost too powerful to be controlled by the average human being

I believe we have more than just one other sense, some of us are blessed with many. I use mine as frequently as all the normal 5 senses and trust my intuition 100%.

I believe we have more than just one other sense, some of us are blessed with many. I use mine as frequently as all the normal 5 senses and trust my intuition 100%.

You should contact James Randi then, he has a $1,000,000 reward for anyone who can demonstrate senses beyond our normal capabilities. Link. Write back and tell us how you did. Edited by dre (see edit history)

There are some psychologists that suggest that humans do have (and always had) a 6th sense. Just as the structure for seeing is the eye, this sense's structure is know as the vestibular system. It's supposed to control your balance and coordination (supposedly the human sixth sense).

The vestibular system, or balance system, is the sensory system that provides the dominant input about movement and equilibrioception. Together with the cochlea, a part of the auditory system, it constitutes the labyrinth of the inner ear, situated in the vestibulum in the inner ear. As our movements consist of rotations and translations, the vestibular system comprises two components: the semicircular canal system, which indicate rotational movements; and the otoliths, which indicate linear translations. The vestibular system sends signals primarily to the neural structures that control our eye movements, and to the muscles that keep us upright. The projections to the former provide the anatomical basis of the vestibulo-ocular reflex, which is required for clear vision; and the projections to the muscles that control our posture are necessary to keep us upright.

You may think that this is very wierd but I believe that we have another sense that even we do not know of. I mean look at it this way. DejeVu (I cannot spell) It is sort of like for me like looking into the future like you have already soon this before this image somwhere in the past. And also when you feel like someone is watching you just to turn arpund and see that someone is actually there? It sounds crazy but I do believe that this is true and scientist need to do some research. wink.gif Anyone else ever thought of this? I mean who knows what else in the world we do not know of!

Yeah i belive its real =]

Notice from electriic_ink:
When quoting other people's posts, use the QUOTE tags.

Edited by electriic ink (see edit history)

Obviously, we do have other senses, at least that is what i beleave, and it is what i beleave because i also beleave that there are things that exist that can not be seen, and the sixth or seventh or ... senses can exist despite the fact that they are not normal senses as we know them (because all the other senses xcan be seen one way or the other).I beleave that we have other senses, for instance, i consider a sense when we feel something is about to happen in that moment or later, or that is going to happen to someone we love or that we like very much.I depely and truly beleave that we have more senses, which are closely connected to ourselfs, if we are sensitive enough to feel or to sense more then the others in general.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

Obviously, we do have other senses, at least that is what i beleave, and it is what i beleave because i also beleave that there are things that exist that can not be seen, and the sixth or seventh or ... senses can exist despite the fact that they are not normal senses as we know them (because all the other senses xcan be seen one way or the other).
I beleave that we have other senses, for instance, i consider a sense when we feel something is about to happen in that moment or later, or that is going to happen to someone we love or that we like very much.

I depely and truly beleave that we have more senses, which are closely connected to ourselfs, if we are sensitive enough to feel or to sense more then the others in general.

Just one case of this ability would be enough to prove that other senses do exist. Still waiting for that one case to show up...

And also when you feel like someone is watching you just to turn arpund and see that someone is actually there?

Most likely your brain coming to a conclusion without your processing. Edited by dre (see edit history)