xisto Community
reconraiders

Freehostia.com Great free host

It used to be OK, but the other day I registered for an account and they asked for my phone number so I put in a fake 555ish and I got a message saying "we'll phone you to confirm your details" and I was like WTF is this? Damn them! :P

It used to be OK, but the other day I registered for an account and they asked for my phone number so I put in a fake 555ish and I got a message saying "we'll phone you to confirm your details" and I was like WTF is this? Damn them! :P

I'm glad I signed up for a few accounts before they started that madness. lol. But it's okay, if you really need a free host there are plenty other easy to sign up for hosts like bytehost and all their sister companies. Or you can get a GOOD host like Xisto :P

It used to be OK, but the other day I registered for an account and they asked for my phone number so I put in a fake 555ish and I got a message saying "we'll phone you to confirm your details" and I was like WTF is this? Damn them! :XD:

I did the same thing, I live in spain and I don't thing they're gonna call me in Spain for a free account!, besides that field in the register form is only for those who join freehostia with a pay account. Anyway.... I've been using freehostia for a while (just a personal DB site a sort of database of all my music) and I'm happy with it. The page loads fast and the database is going well; they have no ads at all and I think for a small site it works well. Higly recommended If you don't need a big site with a big DB.

Thanks for the review.Myself Freehostia has never been a good option, and the MAIN REASON: Is the file size limits!I can't install script files if they're bigger than half a MEGABYTE, something which is OUT OF THE CONTRARY to me :)But good enough for those HTML files and "lower" quality images :XD:

has any one heard of http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/i was with them for a while when i first started off and there pretty good
put they don't have cpannel but u get a gig of space and and some petty kool scripts
but i have a pro site now so i'm getting no to Xisto

i wont go for anyhosting that deosnt have any cpanal. without cpanal its just useless. it doesnt matter if it has hell lots of space, it just doesnt make sense. i have used newsit.es, it has 20 gig space and 300gb's of bandwidth and their service is crappy. no cpanal and no file manager. i couldnt setup my own domain! so ill say no to any hosting without cpanal

Thanks for the review.
Myself Freehostia has never been a good option, and the MAIN REASON: Is the file size limits!
I can't install script files if they're bigger than half a MEGABYTE, something which is OUT OF THE CONTRARY to me :D

But good enough for those HTML files and "lower" quality images :P

I agree that is one of the biggest cons for freehostia. I like to have multiple sizes of photos in my photo galleries: the original - about 1.5MB, a medium one - about 100KB, and a small thumbnail one - about 25KB. But having that 500KB limit really SUCKS. lol

Yes, the file size limit is really stupid. However, the main reason why I don't use them is because they limit your databases to 10MB. 10MB? Come on -- you should allow bigger databases than that... I mean, the SQL file for my database is 60MB, not sure how big of a database that will create, but still... 10MB is not enough.

I have heard pretty good reviews of FreeHostia too and was in fact, inclined to create an account with them before I discovered Xisto. My only issue with it is that it does not have fantastico and I was having problems installing phpbb.

I have heard pretty good reviews of FreeHostia too and was in fact, inclined to create an account with them before I discovered Xisto. My only issue with it is that it does not have fantastico and I was having problems installing phpbb.

hey i feel freehostia is pretty bad , the server goes down most of the time. i m kinda of worried if someday they close their servers and i ll loose most of my data, i had a very bad experience with other free webhost , so i back up my data each day , its kinda pretty cumbersome, but have to do , but still Xisto offers everthing , only thing is freehostia is free and requires no posting . but no offence Xisto is better than freehostia,

i have two site. and both run on URL redirection,.

http://www.itcompanies.co.nr/--- Xisto.com
http://www.mobilereviews.co.nr/ --- Freehostia

There a great host to try out scripts on, and maybe have for a little while, but they're not a good site to have a professional site on, as their basic features are not matched to Xisto's

thats is true free hostia is trying but they need to improve. for instance they disable the send mail so even if you make your site in their host a heaven but without the php()mail then its useless! yes becuse for examlpe if you installed any scripts that needs users to login or to register and eventually a member lost his password then how can he retrieve it? since the sendmail is disable then it will be useless its just good interms of its space. and bandwith but instead of them giving much space like this let them reduce it and enable the phpmail.. finally Xisto is trying and almost the best becaues not only that you will get when you post but the posting will help you develop your typing skills secondly help you to make new friends and finally help you to keep up to date in the global trend by sharing imformations with others even it will encourage you to be checking your web site atleast since you will post in other to be active when you are posting you will also be checking your web site and then knowing uoir vistors feedback in order to increase your strategic planingthis is my opinion :)

Well Xisto is certainly the greates free web hosting around. And you should switch as guys have shown to you it is really good. And only thing yoou need to do in exchange is to post on forum. Which in the end is really good barign.

This is what offered at freehostia
Now a comparison with Xisto

Domains 9 in Xisto while 2 in Freehostia
Subdomains 99 in Xisto while 9 in Freehostia
Emails 99 in Xisto while 3 in Freehostia
Mailing list 99 in Xisto while 0 in Freehostia
FTP 99 in Xisto while 1 in Freehostia
Database 99 in Xisto while 1 in Freehostia
No limit for Database space in Xisto while it is limited to 10 MB in Freehostia
Bandwith 10 GB in Xisto while 5 GB in Freehostia
Storage capacity 500 MB in Xisto while 250 MB in Freehostia
No of files limited to 50000 in Freehostia while no such limit in Xisto
File size is limited to 500 KB in Freehostia while no such limit in Xisto
So everything is open now and you yourself decide where you want to go.

Now with seeing the comparison, i think i am going to stay right here.

Xisto has been the easiest and most friendly free web hosting site that i have ever been to.

I used to have a bravenet account but i got annoyed with the restrictions on non-paying members.