xisto Community
reconraiders

Freehostia.com Great free host

FreeHostia is a great host, I've used to host my forum on it and it went perfect. The only thing I hate it about it you can't choose your own username or password, it just generates your username for you by looking at what first/second name you put in the signup fields. It's perfect, I just can't remember why I stopped using it for a while.

I've been using freehostia.com since may 2008 and I will say they are not as good as you all say.. Yeah, free, no banner ads, no posting on forums, cheap, but do you know your site's uptime? for me? I only have uptime of 57.**%.. that sucks right? no.. because they're free.. *duh..that's the reason why I am trying to get hosted with Xisto. because I just found out they are more reliable for my site than freehostia and any other free hosting out in the net..

Compared to Xisto - Web Hosting, we knew that freehostia is cheaper.But you wont get cPanel as your web control panel. Quite a pain. I personally think that a great host should use cPanel or Plesk control panel. :lol:Xisto - Web Hosting is greater tahn freehostia in feature.Freehostia`s free host is very bad, tons of downtime.I prefer to get hosted with small link ads by qupis than having tons of downtime of freehostia.

Hi Guys,

I did search for a review of freehostia.com but could not find one, If there is and I am being stupid sorry if not please read the review below

Well before we get to the point of the specs of the free hosting plan there are a few things i would like to say, freehostia.com is an ok free host but does suffer from a fair bit of downtime and the ftp service does have login errors occosainaly well ok more than occasionaly at one point it seemed like 2 - 3 times a day although that may well have been resolved, I have not used them in a month or two.

Ok on to the specs

Absolutely FREE

No setup fee

Data storage: 250 MB

Monthly bandwidth: 5 GB

Free 24/7 technical support

Detailed video tutorials

Extensive documentation

Integrated ticketing system

Response time: 24 hours

Hosting for 2 domain

10 subdomains

Elefante free scripts (?)

FrontPage Extensions

Detailed bandwidth stats

3 POP3 accounts

3 Email aliases

SpamAssassin protection

E-mail filters

Webmail service

POP3 access/no SMTP

"Catch-all" e-mails

1 MySQL database

10 MB MySQL DB space

Perl enabled

PHP enabled

PHPMyAdmin

Over 3,000 Perl modules

Advanced Control Panel

Multi-lingual control panel

1 FTP account

Web-based file manager

Instant account activation

SSL with certificate gen

SSI (Server Side Includes)

RAID secured data storage

Easy upgrade options

Custom 404 error page

Stable Linux with Apache

These specs have been taken straight from there site, also supposedly one of the fastest free hosts out there

As stated above freehostia.com are not that bad it is just that they tend to have a lot of downtime and also no smtp although I know this is not rare with free hosts I think they could almost rival Trap 17 in the services department and reliability if they could just get past these 2 flaws

all in all a rating of

7 / 10

I hope this is not seen as advertising guys but just as a review

I think it`s hard to get SMTP or php sendmail enabled for free and instant.I think it can`t be compared to Xisto. Xisto is Post 2 Host while freehostia is not.I think you can`t get professional free web host like Xisto in freehostia.Freehostia is lack of downtime if you use php5.If u use php4, your site will be faster.

the problem with freehostia is that the domain is very ugly, not saying if you have your own domain. everyone who visits your website will know that you are using a free host, thus not very popular among other hosting company. Also, there is a very big traffic problem with freehostia, I once hosted in freehostia, what happend is I was trying to load the website at school - took me like 15minutes (not that long, but probally 2-3 minutes)AND even the mainwebsite takes forever to load.. I live in Ontario.Dont know where freehostia's server is. Personally suggest Xisto :) you just have to post, but posting here is more like talking to each other, not like other forum, that the first guy starts a download link, requires everyone to reply to download, resulting massive spam posts.-KC.

Yes, they are very slow. They use mysql host not in localhost, but in different server.That makes the site slower to load. Its mysql quota is very limited 10mb.I hosted my site in xisto trough qupis, and i`ve never got downtime.They are fast.

i wondered that Xisto claims to be better than freehostia.com, but Xisto is having very strange way of web hosting plan whereas freehostia is available without any restriction. Can someone help me to place my website over Xisto without any hassle about credits etc.

trap17 is a post to host free web hosting.You won`t get your hosting account instantly.Credit work like money in real world. You can get hosted by buying services with your credit.At first, you may see that freehostia is better than Xisto.This is only apply because freehostia has automatic hosting activation.If you need instant free webhosting, you may choose freehostia.But freehostia has alot of restriction compared to Xisto.In freehostia, you get phpsendmail disabled, while Xisto is eneble.You get the best webhosting control panel, cPanel in Xisto with no restriction.Xisto is better, trust me.....

Im sure that in noway Freehostia can match the service provided by Xisto , In Xisto the intresting part which i read what Mr.OpaQue said was , they provide all the controls to the users , that is what controls we have the same the admins and the moderators have, Just can you tell me one service provider other than Xisto ( XISTO ) who gives the entire controls to the user?? No one does that.Moreover how can that Freehostia Cpanel be compared with Xisto's ?? Nooo way..its like comparing the cat and the tiger, ya both the cat and the tiger belongs to the same family, but still the Cat cant come near the tiger, :) its like that...Both Freehostia and Xisto provides the same kind of service ( web hosting services ) but still here Free hostia cant come near Xisto , because Xisto is the tiger in this case