xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Internet Site That Allows You To Send Text Messages

Does anyone know of an internet site that allows you to send text messages to mobil phones over the net? besides the phones service provider?

CBFSMS seem to be quite reliable for sending message out, and you can also pick up relies. The only downside is that they add a small advertising line to the end of your text message, but that does keep it free :lol:

If i'm not mistake, you can find a plug-in for Miranda or Trillian Pro that allows you to send text messages to a mobile phone.

i used to go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ before. it's like myspace but its main feature is the sms. you can send sms to other people through their website. i believe they only offer a certain number of sms per day. i haven't gone to their website these past few days because the last time i visited, i can't even see which part of the page is the sms feature. i believe they're having problems.yahoo messenger has some drawbacks. the most apparent is that you're only limited to 2 or 3 messages, i think. you'll have to wait for the other end to respond directly on your account so you could send messages again to their cellphone. sometimes, there are network providers that aren't allowed to receive messages (or probably not compatible with YM yet). you'll know when the error comes out.i currently use a desktop application called chikka. i use it mainly because my cellphone isn't working anymore. you're also limited to a number of sms you can send to a specific number but my friend told me that the workaround for this is that you should remove the number from your "buddy" list then add them again so you could send messages again. don't know if it works because i haven't tried it yet. i'm not much of a cellphone person anyway.

Glad to help with this topic, I have used for the last couple of months http://gizmosms.com/ to send international text messages. It has worked to perfection, I have not encounter any problems with this site. The only problelm that might be encountered is that if your buddy has disabled receiving online messages, but that can be simply fixed by allowing them.

it is hard to found a web site that will send free sms massages, and if you found it there will be some limits like: sms massage numbers, country supported etc.

i don't know any site that's made especialy for the perpose of text messaging but yahoo mail allows text messaging to phones for free it works great for me so if you have yahoo mail or interested in getting it that should be a reason to get it.

theres a google desktop gadget that allows you to do that. For free. Its called callwave. callwave.com also works i think.

I used callwave. It was a great service. But if you are sending it to one person, and know what cell network they are on, you can email it to a designated email provided by most carriers. They usually are something like @sms.att.net. Before it you just put the number. I used that for a while. But as for a site, I recommend callwave.

Edit: I forgot to add that most instant messaging apps allow texting through them. In aim just open a new IM and in the to portion, just put the number. Also, if I remember correctly, gtalk allows it too. But not positive on that one.
Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

CBS SMS only covers the united Kingdom only. and Callwave it is also doesn't support worldwideSending sms like Nepal, Bhutan it is difficult to send sms.but you can use http://wadja.com/ to send sms for free. First you have to register at wadja.com then you have to verify your account with mobile number then you can send free sms to the whole world. enjoy it.

Thanks for the sites everybody, most of these kind of sites are a scam ones and cannot really send any essages, but some of these are real and they do. Just a question, does T-Mobile allows the webSMS service in all the countries where it exists as a mobile company? Because in here, we are allowed to send 5 free SMS messages per day, and if we want more we must pay 0.66% from the regular SMS price.

fullonsms.com (160 chars - max)way2sms.com (140 chars - max)indiarocks.com (140 chars - max)piracybay.tk (480 chars - max)these sites allow to send free sms .