xisto Community
XeNoToSs

Windows Long Horn? dunno...its wut i hear

Hurray! another topic on how people hate Windows Longhorn

Yea almost every where there is a dicussion about it. But i guarantee it will get popular because soon when it comes about i bet a year later or something Compaq or HP will start putting it in there computers then everyone will bound to get it either way. Windows Xp is gonna soon turn old like 98 or something and not much people will use it.

I installed Longhorn on my PC (AMD Athlon XP 170+, 256 MB RAM, 120GB, Nvidia GeForce 2MX-400) and it worked, barely, but it worked. Of course I didn't install any kind of programs and I deletes it after a few hours but at first look it seems pretty good. Don't like the theme thought. I also heard that if you stop the WinFS service the speed will double but I cound't find that service.Anyway I think that in 2006 Longhorn will have much more optimizations so it will work faster. I have seen a demo for Avalon (Longhorn's API) (couldn't find the enable button in Longhorn...it wouldn't have worked anyway on my pc) and I can say that it looked fantastic. It is just the beginning but I can tell you it was great.

Umm dont know really how you got that but anyways....
Awhile ago... when I was absolutletey pumped about long horn coming... I googled to look for some more information on the subject. I got up with an article HERE that said that an average lornghorn computer would compile a 4-6 GHZ proccessor and a 2 gig ram :D ! *Just think of the possiblilites of Xp running on that sucker ! ). But of course, that was last year... who knows what will lie in hardware at longhorns openeing.
Comments?
Jud to the MTB

Windows longhorn is mainly for new 64 bit chips.
"designed to provide the foundation for a new industry wave of innovation" i don't quite believe to be honest.
There is Windows 64eXP available for trial, which is a 64 bit version of XP.
Although i woudln't trust any betas from microsoft. . . . after all a microsoft public release is a public beta, and a microsoft public beta is a bugg ridden alpha.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows

And so what if this new OS (long horn) takes up more ram, its goign to drasticlly improve the speed of how loads of things run. It should be worth it :D

Also while on the topic of 64 bit processors, i found this quite interesting.
http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3335981
An article on how Intel have absiclly copied AMD's 64 bit processor architecture.
Quite enoying really.

Lol if I'm ever getting my parent to shift to a new OS it will be linux not longhorn :\I guess with windows longhorn there will be other company's bringing out counter os's etc, could be fun :D

Ok you guys just sit there and say the same thing over and over again, yes Longhorn will eat memory and yes its designed for the powerfull CPUs thats because Longhorn is the next server platform for windows not the everyday home user version.

well its not about i hate windows only they have poor oiperating system and they always tried to steal from mac and this time they got tux to copy from they copied file mnagement from linux trhey actually mking file filters they learned from unix peoplesand conatct manager is another their attempt gather useranyway longhorn will not stand chance for linux and maconly they will stand for easier usability so once gain windows is easy to use.

well actually if theres one thing youll get to learn about microsoft is that they always have the upper hand, and well as far as i know, you'll just learn to respect them, one thing i can guarantee you is that longhorn will be huge following the development of the linux os over the current years im sure microsoft wil come up with a better kernel, when you come to think about it it seems so unfair to linux, i mean i dont think it will eva beat ms, coz any tweaks linux makes microsoft emulates and makes even better,

umm,well...i do agree with what you thought about the version longhorn.
we should look forward to the mystorious Microsoft product,netherless its waste of memory as a system.

Longhorn? Guess who's going to "get the horn"? Based on their past performance you can expect the following from Microbloat:-there will be no new/ redesigned kernal (would require a complete redesign of ALL their products to port them to the new system)-there will be little to no true new functionality in the program-the program footprint size will be absolutely HUGE-the memory requirements will be over a Gig-the performance speed will continue to be a real dog when compared to Linux etc. (even with dual 64bit processors & multithreading) - there will be a HUGE increase in price & you won't be able to own it only rent it for the rest of your life.-there will be a massive Ad campaign to cover up all of the preceeding.Granted this is all speculative but does a leopard really ever change its spots?Who gets the horn with "Longhorn"RGPHNX

Linux is far from perfect. . . .Why not jsut wait for the public release of the XP 64 edition, espoecially if Longhorn is gonna be anova fancy lookin old OS in diguise.

Linux is stable fine. Stable, but not user friendly and very difficult to use...Windows XP, is more stable than Linux... and very user friendly.Which of the two would you prefer? :D