xisto Community
XeNoToSs

Windows Long Horn? dunno...its wut i hear

I have used Longhorn build 4074. I wasn't too impressed, but it is still in beta... WinFS should be a nice improvement.

For your Longhorn Needs: Windows SuperSite

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

krap.................... read god dammit

has anybody got a screenshot of it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

scroll donw until u see gallery or w/e its a bunch of links

Firstly - Longhorn comes with new PCs due to its anti piracy interogration, you cant do anything illegal on it, allthough im sure there will be holes and people who will crack it all.

Secondly - Of course its going to hog more ram, if it didn't you wouldnt need to go buy ram :D

I have tried all the longhorns. But it has way to many bigs to try now so i dont suggest just any old person to just go and mess with it unless you just want to look on how it looks like. Most programs are not able to be installed yet either. So just get a transformation pack and style xp to transform the looks into it.

i am looking foreward to longhorn......i just read yesterday that the main features of longhorn like the new menuebars and WinFS and WinFX will also be made available for windows xp so i am gonna stick with that until longhorn is out for a while.....and also has microsoft set an exact date on when it will be released of do they still say somewhere in 2006?

Hey i know everything there is to know about longhorn, i have actually atempted to install it twice, on my computer and both times i managed to completely ruin my computer, it messed up my hard disk, and jus to mention to all of you, longhorn is not due for release any time soon, it wont be released in 2006 chances are its due for the earliest 2007 and most probably some date like 2010 or 2009, but i could tellyou this much, it has a really sleek design, definately sexy, it outdoes xp in alot of ways, guess we will just have to cross our fingers and see.

Hey i know everything there is to know about longhorn, i have actually atempted to install it twice, on my computer and both times i managed to completely ruin my computer, it messed up my hard disk, and jus to mention to all of you, longhorn is not due for release any time soon, it wont be released in 2006 chances are its due for the earliest 2007 and most probably some date like 2010 or 2009, but i could tellyou this much, it has a really sleek design, definately sexy, it outdoes xp in alot of ways, guess we will just have to cross our fingers and see.

I have installed it a few times once a new release comes out but never managed to crash my hard drive though.....

well longhorn is an attempt of microsoft to beat apple mac os xwhat u think they are staeling it from aopen source too so they are thieves man longhorn will need so many service apcks

Well either way its not going to happen. The way windows is and the mac is, they just cant and wont beat OS X.

well actually if theres one thing youll get to learn about microsoft is that they always have the upper hand, and well as far as i know, you'll just learn to respect them, one thing i can guarantee you is that longhorn will be huge following the development of the linux os over the current years im sure microsoft wil come up with a better kernel, when you come to think about it it seems so unfair to linux, i mean i dont think it will eva beat ms, coz any tweaks linux makes microsoft emulates and makes even better,

I don't know if it's true, but I heard that Microsoft may pull the plug on Winfs in the first release of Longhorn, and include a "beta" without most of the cool features. Probably just a rumor from the various anti-microsoft groups, though.

I don't like Longhorn any longer as I see that it's not much going to be a difference to WindowsXP. Plus, the new Longhorn will feature TCPA and require you to use new hardware. :s; I'd stick to WindowsXP and my Linux or get a Mac Mini :Pxboxrulz