xisto Community
Renaissance

I Hate Needles! How About You? Nobody likes or cares for needles but who here really dislikes them?

I hate Needles! How about you?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just last Thursday I got a shot for pneumonia. My doctor did such a bad job that my arm swelled up over night and I had a bulge like an egg on my bicep. It wasn't so bad but the pain would spike whenever I did anything with my arm and I had stiffness that slowly spanned to my neck and shoulder. The pain and stiffness lasted 3-4 days.

Can you elaborate about your condition Renaissance?

I have Muscular Dystrophy (MD) which is a neuromuscular disease. It's basically a lack of protein that causes my muscles to be weak. It affects every person differently but it generally gets more severe with age. It in itself is not terminal or anything but it means that my body is weaker and will progressively get weaker. I have a lowered breathing capacity (paralyzed left diaphragm) and scoliosis (curve) of the spine. Add the fact that they're not sure what type I have and my doctors like to keep a close eye on it. I see a cardiologist, respirologist, neurologist and orthopedic surgeon on a yearly basis. The cardiologist has me do ECG and echocardiograms, the respirologist has me do breathing and blood tests, the neurologist does that test where they use those needles with electrical impulses, and the orthopedic surgeon has me do annual X-rays. So yeah, I see a lot of white coats.

since i was a little kid i have been horified by needles they did not scrare me much but the i dea of sticking something in my arm was horrifiying. but my worst needle experience was when i first was comming to the US i had to get like 7 shots. and the reason i got even more frantike was when i went to the hospital i had to get blood drawn from me like 5 times a day, i mean it litterally.

I just had another needle in my arm, the doctor was not an artist or a butcher, the doctor was a dart player. She drew a *blue-min* 'X' on my arm and held the needle in her hand and basically 'threw' it in my arm.I am only bothered by injections that use the syringe, but the other type *forgot what its called* (very popular in china) where they put a extremely thin needly into the back of the hand, and it connects to a 1L bag of medicine that slowly drips into your bloodstream. Those kinds of injections I actually enjoy, because the needle is so thin it does not hurt at all, and because the medicine goes into your blood so slowly it feels like stroking a cat with the back of your hand.

csp, I am actually squeamish when it comes to stuff like that, I always have worst case scenarios of what could go wrong with and IV like bag connected to your blood stream. When I get shot I usually feel this cool fluid rushing into my muscles, that really scares me, don't know why though.

I don't have any problems with needles :D Of course they aren't my favorite thing and I don't enjoy the feeling but I pretty much don't care :P Look now if you have much history with needles from an younger age it really is quite possible to fear them.I have some friends that do fear them quite a lot. One of them had to be taken a blood sample from his finger-well he was so scared that when they pierced his finger with a needle...there just wasn't any blood to come out :P they had to pierce about 8 of his fingers till some blood came out B) And it's good that he isn't scared of blood-another friend of mine not only hates needles-he could faint at the look of his blood even from a scratch B)

i am scared to dead for needles, but i have lot of piercings so its not so logic it seems ^_^ive got: dermal anchors 2x, 2x industrial and 2 orbitals and a snakebite.all those time i was scared like ... :lol:

Edited by PilzzE (see edit history)

Needles and blood don't bother me but I have morphine it gives me a really bad headache although i know it is supposed to kill the pain like needles i suppose they are meant to help you so i don't mind them! As for knifes i am afraid especially for operations i hate the scar it never goes away :*( I have a giant scar on my neck from a operation! :lol:

I do not think so, have I written something here before? Whatever it was I have lost my fear of needles. If I ever had one. I can be very nervous in front of a visit to the horrible doctor, but when I am there I am fine. I am like that if I have a presentation at school; in front of it I would be nervous and maybe it the beginning too, but after a while and when I am done I always think it went great!

I was extremely scared of them when I was little, but I've grown out of that fear thankfully. I don't find them that painful (vaccinations and blood tests) but ABG's really do hurt.

Dear friend don't just worry about it. I think it is because of the frequency of injections which is bothering you. Don't worry you will be all right a day and I should say soon you will be all right. God is great trust and pray will do it for you. God bless you dear friend. Even I was a born heart patient. My father was troubled for about eight long years for my treatment, one doctor to another and so on. But at last when I was einght years I was cured without a need of operation at last by the grace of God. A very happy prosperous christmas for you in advance.?