xisto Community
Renaissance

I Hate Needles! How About You? Nobody likes or cares for needles but who here really dislikes them?

I hate Needles! How about you?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I wasn't really afraid of needles even as a child (or at least that's what I remember). However, I do know that I couldn't look while I'm getting the shots for medicine or just for blood testing. I think I was more afraid of the process of getting punctured instead of the exact needle itself. When I got hit by typhoid fever I was hospitalized and needed to stay for more than a week. At first the whole lying down all day sucked. And to make things worse, I needed to be tested everyday so they need to take some blood every morning. Changing the IV sucked as well. There was this one doctor who couldn't get the needle through the one of the veins in my right hand. She kept on telling me that "it was just a test", but I really know she couldn't get it right. It kinda irritated me because my hand was itchy and she kept on doing that. Later on, I think she gave up and just punctured it where she thought she hit the right spot. Unfortunately, later during the day, I realized my hand was swelling, only to find out that she didn't do it properly. They had to remove the IV from my hand and transfer it to the other hand.It's a good thing I only encounter needles when I need to get some blood tests these days. I really don't like hospitals that much, not because of the doctors or anything, heck not even the needles. I just don't like the fact that I need to lie down on a bed for almost an entire day.

needles freak me out, since I recintly come into a new country I have to have these 'immunisations' who knows what they really are but the needles, even though they are tiny they feel like they touch the bone and hurt for many days on end. They should really give people pills instead of needles

Well, I dont have a problem with needles. Like i guess when im about to get a shot and i see it its kinda like "Uh-oh..." but thats pretty much always when you know you're gonna have some pain soon. My mom on the other hand.... when she was a kid 4 nurses had to hold her down everytime XD!!! Its weird, her fear kinda stuck... Yesterday we were watching law and order right? And they were giving this guy medicine and she has to turn away when he gets a shot... Like needles are scary for her. I was just kinda like "???? You dont look away when theres an injured guy on TV and you flip out when theres a needle?!!" .... weird.

Mmmm, needles don't really bother me anymore. WHen I was younger they used to, but Now I don't even really feel them. Everytime I get blood drawn, I have no problem looking down and watching the needle hang in my arm filling with my blood. I thought I wasa going to have a problem when I first got tested for cholestorol, but I turned out to be wrong.

Needles don't really bother me, I've had enough injections and have had enough blood taken to last me a lifetime.However, the only injection that does bother me is the one the dentist gives you.I think it can be pretty painful when that needle goes into your gums.

i thought that needles used to bother me but they don't. i just went in for a TB test at my work before i got hired on, an i was kind of nervous to get it. but then after she gave it to me i was like.... meh that wasn't bad at all. mast people say it is painful but it realy isn't. i would have to sya it hurts less than a bee sting.

I don't care for needles that much. My mom uses them to sew, the numb stuff injected at the dentist's, and shots. Thats all I can think off. None of them bother me.

I'm not really against needles. They don't really cause me to freak out and i've never felt really scared by them. That doesn't mean i'm a big fan and enjoy the feeling......just that they don't cause me to go crazy. I'm sure I could get a tattoo and have gotten shots in the past few years taht don't bother so much. Things could always be much worse. I was a little nervous when I was younger but was just taught that it's not too horrible. Funny story......my sister...when she was a little younger....had a problem with tongue depressors. Like they were needles to her. She would get freaked out and hated when they would make her cough with the little stick. It usually took 2 or 3 nurses and the doctor and my mother to hold her down and she'd be kicking and screaming. I never felt that way abotu many things.....jsut didn't like the needles particularly. I had to give al ot of blood during some health scares so I guess I got used to them.

Needles dont really bother me anymore, I can actually look at the whole process in which blood is being drawn out of my arm. How it slowly pokes through the skin and into my vein which is pretty big by the way, the nurses always comment on how easy it is to find it and how hard it is on some other people. I got used to the needles because I would get 1 or 2 allergie shots a week, so I am already used to them. They still hurt a little but I just set my mind to it, I think that it is needed and that I cant escape or run away from it and the faster I cooperate the faster it will all be over.

I hate needles, I'm not afraid of them anymore but I still hate them.It was back in 1994 I think when I was 4 years old. I had some type of sickness(can't remember) and it was serious, I had a High Fever and when I saw the needle the doctors were about to stick in my Tush I FLIPPED, literally Flipped out. So Much so that during the shot the needle actually broke off the top head of the syringe. They had to take the needle out, which was deep into my flesh, when they took it out , it was painful a lot more than when they put it in the first placeIt got even worse, I thought by this ordeal they would stop trying the injection, no, they brouht another, thankfully shorter needle and gave me the shot.From there on I hated needles, loathe them, I still get very nervous when I get my flu shots and the memory from the past always comes back to haunt me.True Story, or so my mother tells me thats what happened.

Needles and shots don't freak me out because when I was little, I used to get lots of shots (I was a sick kid). However, I knew that the doctors meant well, and therefore the needles didn't bother me.

Back in the day, I though doctors were these evil creatures that existed only to make me and my life a torment, I still think that way.There have been new needles on the market, that are ultra thin but strong so they leave only a little pain when going in.

Edited by birudagmawi (see edit history)

Needled.. tell me about it.. Darn being the occasional sick guy i was during my hepatits during 8th grade.. wheven i was needled for a doze fo medicine or for taking blood out of me, it left me so numb that sometimes it was really hard to concentrate. dizzyness and stuff.. it usually subsided but that small phase of time really was hard and left me with an uneasiness with needles.Never had a problem with being pricked though.. just the reaction it had on me. true like renaissance said that there are two type but thanks god i mostly got the artist types.Can you elaborate about your condition Renaissance?

yes of course...!!! needles simply bring me a nightmare.i am dreadfully afraid about needles even from my childhood. very very scared...! i don't usually go to hospital unless it is a very serious condition like high fever or other reoccurring problems. but, when i go to the hospital the first thing i pray is that the doctor should not prescribe a injection for me. i am very afraid of injection...!!even though my parents say that it is just like a bite of a small mosquito, it is very painful to me. you can say that i am allergic to needles.the last time, i dread the pain of having a needle inside me is when i went for viral fever last year. from then on never again i have turned my head towards that hospital. i hate that hospital!! i had asked that doctor (in fact i pleaded) not to give me injection but he forced to have it cos my fever was very high.my parents used to say that when i was some 2-3 years old, i had to get a injection for vomiting. it seams that i tried very much to run away and at last my parents told me that i ran away to the street fearing that the doctor will put me injection. then they dragged me in and forcefully injected me. then they said that i didn't eat for 2 long days for making me take injection. i couldn't imagine that..!