xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
masugidsk8r

Parked Domains: Where To Point Domain

HI, I was about to add an addon domain called "skyclansite.com" to my site but I get this error:

Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ip.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Just a few minutes ago I went to the Domain's Control Panel and here are the DNS settings:

Primary: yns1.yahoo.com
Secondary: yns2.yahoo.com
Additional: ns1.trap17.com
Additional: ns2.trap17.com

**The control panel said not to change the primary and secondary other than the one on top. So I put the Xisto nameservers at the last two. But I still get an error? What's wrong?
Edited by masugidsk8r (see edit history)

The settings should be:Primary: ns1.trap17.comSecondary: ns2.trap17.comYou can leave the others blank. Even if it says not to. I've always changed prim and second and no problems have ever occurred.

yes you would have to wait for the site to propagate, when changing servers it takes anywhere from 24-72 hours for server to kick in your site and then display it on the net. But what account are you getting those errors on your yahoo account or your trap account? But like kubi mention, all you need is to add those two server names and you shouldn't be having any problems and just have to wait for the server to kick in. I would get in contact with the the yahoo server tech and see what the problem could be, since it could be on their end and not on your hosted account.

Now that you have changed the nameservers to Xisto, access your cpanel and either Add-On or Park your domain to Xisto hosting server.You may choose to change your sub-domain to your domain name by using our Process page. For more information on Add-On, Park or changing Domain name, please refer to our Hosted Members Area topics.Thank you.

a quick whois and a brief ping shows your domain is now pointed to Xisto servers, masugidsk8r. :) albeit, a browser check simply shows a "blank" index page, so you may have to work on building your clan site now. although you may be already aware of it, this is to remind you that you can upload your pages/files under the public_html or www (alias to public_html) folder on your hosting space. just so you will not run into any problems whatsover, like others who incorrectly upload their files somewhere else. :)

we'll leave this thread open for a little while more, so you can give us feedback from your end.

As this thread is still open I have considered is better to put my doubt here. I've just purchased a domain and I have just pointed it to the Xisto dns. Then I will have to add the domain in "parked domains" on cpanel, right? Is there any other thing that I should do? This will be enough? I've searched for it but I'm not sure if I have also to make a domain change in Xisto registration form spending credits and that.Thanks for your feedback.

As this thread is still open I have considered is better to put my doubt here. I've just purchased a domain and I have just pointed it to the Xisto dns. Then I will have to add the domain in "parked domains" on cpanel, right? Is there any other thing that I should do? This will be enough?

I've searched for it but I'm not sure if I have also to make a domain change in Xisto registration form spending credits and that.

Thanks for your feedback.

1. what is your newly-purchased and newly-pointed-to-Xisto-dns domain name? and when did you make the DNS changes on your domain control panel (from your domain registrar)? just for counterchecking...

2. add-on/parked domains are your options if you still want to retain your original yoursubdomain.trap17.com. if you want to get rid of your original Xisto subdomain, and instead use your own domain, then that's the time you can use the provided form to do that... just that you have to spend credits. :)

3. for more info on Domains, Settings, Blah Blah! Etc. Read This.

4. Configuring Dns Settings For Website, Nameserver, A-Address, DNS configuration.

Hi again1. It's feiticeira.org I made the changes yesterday at this time more or less but then it didn't let me to put it on parked domains so I've done right now. I suppose that I must wait now for the dns to spread. Anyway I'm having some problems with godaddy that I must solve.Thanks for all the information :)

Hi again
1. It's feiticeira.org I made the changes yesterday at this time more or less but then it didn't let me to put it on parked domains so I've done right now. I suppose that I must wait now for the dns to spread. Anyway I'm having some problems with godaddy that I must solve.

Thanks for all the information :)

Thanks for the help. I got it working few days ago. All I had to do was just wait 24 hours until I can add-on the domain.

I have another question, how can I mask the url? Because whenever I go to this url: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ It leads me to the right page BUT it shows the real url as well: "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;

How would I be able to mask that?