xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
demonatashadow

Suicide/emo, I Am Strongly Against

What I don't get is why would people want to commit suicide or be emo?? Why would anyone want to take their own life away. Most people say, oh they teased me, bla, bla, bla. I say the hell with that!! Its pointless to take your life away. I believe that if you commit suicide then you go to hell anyways.Also whats up with the emo *BLEEP*!! You got stress go excersize. I just don't see how pain (emo's cut themselves, what the hells with that) can possible relieve stress. I would think that pain only adds stress. I suggest to the emo people go outside and play to relieve stress. If you want to complain or post something offensive here, go ahead it doesn't change my opinion in the least.

Well, yeah, suicide isn't really a good thing to do. I am against it too, I mean everyone does have ups and downs in life but killing yourself is just not the way out. If you don't want to be sad, try and be happy. Killing yourself won't help as you won't be alive to feel that "happiness" even if you were this close to that.And seriously, most of the emo kids you see are just posers, people these days are so ready to label themselves and gain attention. And then they will throw it all off when the next big thing comes in. They just want to look cool and stuff like that.On the contrary people disgust emos and stuff like that, the reason they try and be "emo" is because they feel out, they feel like they have no one and they are lonely. You aren't doing anything by shouting out that "emo is gay!". You should actually go out and befriend that guy/girl, no matter how weird you'll think he/she is at first but then you'll realize there's a whole lot more hidden behind those black skin-tight clothes and converses.My best friend tried to cut herself once and I mean, you don't only affect your own life but it also affects the lives of many people around you, you never know how many people care for you and when you do realize you find it's too late.Labels are just a pain in the [three-lettered word we all are familiar with here] to be honest.

:unsure: And here I am thinking that this is just a US-Europe thing.

Seriously? In Japan and Hindustan? Wow, looks like we're more global than I've thought. Anyway - people have to express frustration some way. And is that really a hard and fast rule?

A friend of mine was left an orphan when he was about twelve. The guy was in A-level courses in Scotland, was something akin to a social outcast, and had an obsession over this girl that didn't like him. All in all, his economic inability forced him to put up with schedules no 18 year old should have to while handling a rigorous academic curriculum. That and his personal frustrations lead to him to have suicidal thoughts for about three months. Then he died in a car accident. - He didn't commit suicide. Some drunk guy just went -blam- into his car. If he DID commit suicide, I wouldn't think any less of him. I think suicide should really be given contextual weight because the human will can only be stretched so far before it becomes desperate.

And as for emos... eh, what to say?

Where I go (in a slum in the middle of an industrial area in the US) I see people with little economic opportunity and the will to succeed in academics sapped out of them before they even reach high school. Who's to say they can't vent out some of that frustration? I mean it's one thing to go raging about little things - who honestly accepts that? But when life slaps you in the face everyday?

I don't know. Tolerance and sympathy seem to be the best solution to this type of thing.

Although, speaking half way across the globe, you might be speaking from a different context. I'd like to hear it if that's the case.

Suicide, yes i agree, its nt good however it is a basic human right to decide when we die. I have the right to choose when to die, of course if i happen to get kicked off before that time then so be it but if i one day want to die then i should be able to, that relates to the euthanasia debater but thats slightly different.As for emos i agree with whats been said already that "emos" are just venting their pain in life, of course there are emos and then there are emos. Where i live in the UK a usual emo is just someone who listens to light rock music that usually deals with sad things such as My chemical Romance, they are the "classic emos" at the moment. Now the other emos, the EMOtional people who self harm etc.. are different. The first type of emo are those who are just grouped by society as people who listen to certain music and dress a certain way etc but emotional people are those that need help, life has really kicked these people and they cant cope where others can.I have nothing against either group but especially the real emos who need help, sure they might seem weird, and maybe in some religions and cultures self harm etc is wrong as god gave you life or whatever but it really is the last resort for some people and i wouldnt think anything less of anyone who self harms. Everyone is different and some people can cope with huge stress and others cant. I dont think being negative about real emos is the way to go, they already feel maybe paranoid, left out, rejected, sad etc... and the last thing they need is to be told theyre weird and no-one likes them!Though saying that, as death is a human right, so is having an opinion!

What I don't get is why would people want to commit suicide or be emo?? Why would anyone want to take their own life away. Most people say, oh they teased me, bla, bla, bla. I say the hell with that!! Its pointless to take your life away. I believe that if you commit suicide then you go to hell anyways.
Also whats up with the emo *BLEEP*!! You got stress go excersize. I just don't see how pain (emo's cut themselves, what the hells with that) can possible relieve stress. I would think that pain only adds stress. I suggest to the emo people go outside and play to relieve stress. If you want to complain or post something offensive here, go ahead it doesn't change my opinion in the least.

Oh man I can see I'm going to get worked up on this subject ok relax...

Firstly it sickens me when people say emo's cut themselves etc, you're just basing your post on stereotypes. Firstly I don't agree with stereotypes and you are here saying why would emo's want to take their lives away and stuff. In case you didn't know emo is not a style it is actually a genre of music you obviously don't know what emo means if all you can come up with is "people who cut themselves and are depressed". People have been wearing black for years and if I recall what did people who wore black a few years back in the early 90's/80's get called? Gothics didn't they?

Lots of people take their own lives "demonatashadow" that doesn't make them emo, or according to you it does. The post you have just made is enough to offend a lot of people it has offended me actually you managed to mention religion and stereotypes in the same post congratulations on posting something offensive and basically admitting that it's offensive by inviting people to complain and post something offensive back to you. Are you trying to provoke a 2 sided debate?

I suggest you do a google search if you want the real definition of emo "demonatashadow"

With suicide it has to do with what kind of depression people go through when they finally commit the act. Some people can can pull out of that depression by themselves or through talking with other people, but it's with talking to other people that will be able to figure out what they should with their own lives. I don't think anti-depressants help, they more or less compound to the problem especially if that person missed a couple of days of not taking them. SO talking things out and talking to others is what will help. Of course those who actually commit suicide don't try to seek that help or you have people brain warping them to think other wise). I have dealt with deep depression since coming back from Iraq I still go through it sometimes, with the usual thoughts about doing it, saying to myself I don't have to deal with the pain anymore. I usually ride it out because I don't mean it, but during that time I am like a stone cold vegetable and shut myself from the outside world. I actually thought about having myself committed just so I can force myself to come out with it and tell someone. But I hate talking to people about whats going on in my head because 1 they won't understand and 2 they just tell you take this happy pills and it will make you feel all better. Of course I gotten used to dealing the BS that goes around so I listen to it and then just move on, so I don't have be like some people who can't handle the stress of everyday life, of course I do have my boiling points but that is usually when the BS accumulates within a given time frame.Either way if you can't talk to anyone because of the embarrassment, talk to someone anonymously and you won't have to worry about it as much, those who don't will let it keep stirring until they commit suicide. Of course then you got attention seekers, who do it on purpose to seek attention, but usually theres a subliminal message under that attention seeking suicide. However, there are different types of depression and that depends on the situation, as a vet when I hear a story of a soldier committing murder or taking their own lives it usually stems from the horrors they have seen when in combat. OF course government doesn't want to tell you that because of the bad image that might give to those thinking about joining and to their families.Again it's all about people trying to deal with their emotions and the best way to deal with them is talking to someone, forget your pride and just sit down and talk to people, if you don't then instead of being a person you will become a stat it's as simple as that. With this emo I still have no clue what that is about even though a couple of people explain it to me, meh either way I stop figuring out what he latest trend's are and stick being myself and do what I like to do instead of what that fad likes to do.

Well, yeah, suicide isn't really a good thing to do.

First off, I'd like to agree with sylenzednuke :(

What I don't get is why would people want to commit suicide or be emo?? Why would anyone want to take their own life away. Most people say, oh they teased me, bla, bla, bla. I say the hell with that!! Its pointless to take your life away. I believe that if you commit suicide then you go to hell anyways.

Next, I'd like to disagree with demonatashadow. :D

While I am of the belief that suicide is not a good (beneficial) things, I am not a blind believer who just hates people who commit suicide for the most trivial nonsense. True, a fraction of suicide cases are due to petty matters, however, those are the exceptions and not the case, methinks. The only reason these are all we hear about is because the media bring us only these things. "Strange death in suburbs" or "Suicide due to hacked runescape account" Sensationalism has filtered away the base reasons for suicide, such as despair, depression and total helplessness (as opposed to a nonsense illusion of sorrow, which is probably what you are referring to, they teased me bla, bla)

Also, note that, since not all people believe in the concept of hell, not all people can deduce equally "intelligent" reasoning regarding suicide like you do.

Although, speaking half way across the globe, you might be speaking from a different context. I'd like to hear it if that's the case.

Then, aside from religion, there's culture too :unsure:

Firstly it sickens me when people say emo's cut themselves etc, you're just basing your post on stereotypes.

And seriously, most of the emo kids you see are just posers, people these days are so ready to label themselves and gain attention. And then they will throw it all off when the next big thing comes in. They just want to look cool and stuff like that.

True, true. The lengths a lot of people go to, just to be noticed. Some people, seeking to be out of the mainstream, will do anything to "belong" to any formidable group. After all, who would want to be a techie geek with no social life? (I'm talking of stereotypes) Or be a member of the dumb blonde cheerleader squad? Or smash bones and body parts with the stupid football team?

Wouldn't it be much "cooler" to wear black, act depressed, threaten your friends with self destruction or play aloof? In our high school, we once had a band of people claiming to be "witches" and it came as no surprise that most of those people don't have too many friends outside their "cool" and "dark" little ring. People want to belong but, more than that, they also want to be noticed as something different. Unique.

A friend of mine once said, those who seek death say nothing, then kill themselves. Those who seek attention, on the other hand, just threaten that they seek death.

Also whats up with the emo *BLEEP*!! You got stress go excersize. I just don't see how pain (emo's cut themselves, what the hells with that) can possible relieve stress. I would think that pain only adds stress. I suggest to the emo people go outside and play to relieve stress. If you want to complain or post something offensive here, go ahead it doesn't change my opinion in the least.

If it were always that simple, then maybe the suicide rates should go down? As it is, it's just the same as ever so something tells me there's more to combating stress and depression than just mere exercise. After all, as they say, one man's (person's) trash is another man's (person's) treasure.

I have nothing against either group but especially the real emos who need help, sure they might seem weird, and maybe in some religions and cultures self harm etc is wrong as god gave you life or whatever but it really is the last resort for some people and i wouldn't think anything less of anyone who self harms. Everyone is different and some people can cope with huge stress and others cant. I don't think being negative about real emos is the way to go, they already feel maybe paranoid, left out, rejected, sad etc... and the last thing they need is to be told they're weird and no-one likes them!

I don't know. Tolerance and sympathy seem to be the best solution to this type of thing.

I couldn't agree with you guys more :(

Suicide is a last cry for help in my opinion, but by then it's too late. they should look deeply INSIDE themselves, not rely on others to come and comfort their pain, and in a perfect world they would, but this is not a perfect world. The only one you can rely on is yourself. It 's your job to talk yourself out of it, and i think that if you commit suicide, you are going to have to repeat this lesson that you were trying to avoid over again. Of that i'm sure.

Suicide under 99% of circumstances is not acceptable in my book - no matter how bad your life is you can recover and do much better if you actually try, a big problem with the world today.

Most emos I take no issue with other than the fact that I do not care for fashion. The few that are the depressed sadists I do have a problem with, because their behavior is most disturbing and very illogical. The poor chaps really should be sent to intense therapy by a qualified psychiatrist should the parent know about the sadistic, self mutilizing behavior. I would be even more saddened and thouroughly disgusted with them if they were only doing this to fit into their social group.

Goths, on the other hand, I have an small issue with because they are not a single bit like the true Goths - an ancient germanic tribe famous for collapsing the Roman empire. The true Goths did not dress in black, wear crosses, had rediculous amounts of piercings, or have paper white skin. They were just a tribe of people who tended to be barbaric(i.e. burning Goths who called fellow Goths idiots in the town dump), generous, and smart(Wulfilas). I have no idea of how this term came to be.

Cutting yourself is life keeping a journal, every scar reminds you of a major (and probably painful) moment in your life. And people who commit suicide are those who have nothing to live for. You wont understand until you get there.

Oh man I can see I'm going to get worked up on this subject ok relax...
Firstly it sickens me when people say emo's cut themselves etc, you're just basing your post on stereotypes. Firstly I don't agree with stereotypes and you are here saying why would emo's want to take their lives away and stuff. In case you didn't know emo is not a style it is actually a genre of music you obviously don't know what emo means if all you can come up with is "people who cut themselves and are depressed". People have been wearing black for years and if I recall what did people who wore black a few years back in the early 90's/80's get called? Gothics didn't they?

Lots of people take their own lives "demonatashadow" that doesn't make them emo, or according to you it does. The post you have just made is enough to offend a lot of people it has offended me actually you managed to mention religion and stereotypes in the same post congratulations on posting something offensive and basically admitting that it's offensive by inviting people to complain and post something offensive back to you. Are you trying to provoke a 2 sided debate?

I suggest you do a google search if you want the real definition of emo "demonatashadow"

1. I know that emo and people wanting to commit suicide are different, I'm not an idiot. If someone wants to commit suicide then I think of them as, or if I were to classify them, it would be Suicidal, not emo, I'm not a dummy, even though you're probaby thinking that.
2. Look it up in the dictionary, Emo is, yes a genre of music, and also people who cut themselves. Yes that is a definition of Emo, don't argue because its pointless. If you are still in school then go ask you're councelor and he/she will most-likely say Emo is people who cut themselves.
3. I've talked to someone who is emo before, yes they do cut themselves to relive stress. Thats what emo is, most of the time anyways.
4. Emo people don't have to where black to be Emo, if you're depressed and hate the world and all that nonsence and wear all black, then you would be called, G-O-T-H, not Emo.
5.Emo is not a style or something, it is the process of relieving stress by cutting themselves.
6.If you want to actually fase my opinion I suggest you go to dictionary.com look it up and post a link on you're next post, if you don't come up with some official proof, not a site made by some guy I could care less about, then it would really be pointless to make another post in this topic.

P.S. i'm not a racist to race or religion or color, I just don't like this emo/suicidal stuff.

I think suicide is a right. It's not a right that should be exercised often (obviously, the maximum is once), but it's your life you can do whatever you want with it, including end it. A lot of people who commit suicide probably didn't consider it as carefully as they should have though.

P.S. i'm not a racist to race or religion or color, I just don't like this emo/suicidal stuff.

You say that about a lot of stuff, you basically hate everything but religions and colours of peoples skin.

First off all, people who commit suicide- most of them are not in a healthy state of mind when they do it. Unless you've ever been in the state where you actually seriously thought about suicide, i think its very unfair to jump to conclusions and form beliefs. You've obviously never felt what its like to not want to live anymore, and yes theres the whole 'if you try you can get over it' but sometimes people do try, and they can't get over it but yeah some people don't try, because it seems easier to just kill themself, and i've been in both situations. I mean I don't want to die, i love being alive, but sometimes the bad out weighs the good in life, and i feel like if i'm dead, it'll just be better because i never have to hurt again.

Emo and suicide have nothing in common, just as cutting and suicide are not the same. People don't cut because they want to die, some cut because they don't want to die and it relieves the stress momentarily enough to realize they still hurt physically not just emotionally. Others cut for attention (i'll fully admit that many poser emo kids cut because they think it is cool.) And some cut, because they like the pain and like to bleed. Emo is a kind of music, yes...it's also a form of wardobe and a state of feeling... but not all emo kids are cutters. And many emo kids, are pretty awesome people if you meet the real ones. Emo is pretty young, Its funny because in junior high i was called punk and gothic, and then all of a sudden sophomore year i was called emo, despite the fact that i didn't change the way i acted or how i dressed... but i'm not emo, or punk or gothic... yeah i used to cut, i've cut since junior high long before emo was fully established, and when i did it no one else did, so it has nothing to do with how i dress, what i listen to, it just matters how you handle stress. I am a self mutilator when i get stressed, and its taken me a long time to control it, but i'd still be one if i was more 'prep' or 'jock' or 'band geek'... labels are stupid and so are stereotypes.

You say that about a lot of stuff, you basically hate everything but religions and colours of peoples skin.

First off all, people who commit suicide- most of them are not in a healthy state of mind when they do it. Unless you've ever been in the state where you actually seriously thought about suicide, i think its very unfair to jump to conclusions and form beliefs. You've obviously never felt what its like to not want to live anymore, and yes theres the whole 'if you try you can get over it' but sometimes people do try, and they can't get over it but yeah some people don't try, because it seems easier to just kill themself, and i've been in both situations. I mean I don't want to die, i love being alive, but sometimes the bad out weighs the good in life, and i feel like if i'm dead, it'll just be better because i never have to hurt again.

Emo and suicide have nothing in common, just as cutting and suicide are not the same. People don't cut because they want to die, some cut because they don't want to die and it relieves the stress momentarily enough to realize they still hurt physically not just emotionally. Others cut for attention (i'll fully admit that many poser emo kids cut because they think it is cool.) And some cut, because they like the pain and like to bleed. Emo is a kind of music, yes...it's also a form of wardobe and a state of feeling... but not all emo kids are cutters. And many emo kids, are pretty awesome people if you meet the real ones. Emo is pretty young, Its funny because in junior high i was called punk and gothic, and then all of a sudden sophomore year i was called emo, despite the fact that i didn't change the way i acted or how i dressed... but i'm not emo, or punk or gothic... yeah i used to cut, i've cut since junior high long before emo was fully established, and when i did it no one else did, so it has nothing to do with how i dress, what i listen to, it just matters how you handle stress. I am a self mutilator when i get stressed, and its taken me a long time to control it, but i'd still be one if i was more 'prep' or 'jock' or 'band geek'... labels are stupid and so are stereotypes.

Thats where you're wrong, I have been in that state of mind. And then I took a good hard look in the mirror and said, "What the hell is wrong with you", I sucked all that B.S. in and went back to normal dude. Its not that difficult to do, just think happy wise. Thats why I hate the whole emo/suicidal stuff, because it feels all wrong.

P.S. I say that a lot because I am strongly against Racism, so I don't want to appear like one

Thats where you're wrong, I have been in that state of mind. And then I took a good hard look in the mirror and said, "What the hell is wrong with you", I sucked all that B.S. in and went back to normal dude. Its not that difficult to do, just think happy wise. Thats why I hate the whole emo/suicidal stuff, because it feels all wrong.
P.S. I say that a lot because I am strongly against Racism, so I don't want to appear like one

What does racism have to do with Suicide and being emo anyway?

If you can snap back so fast, then you really weren't in the state that i was referring to. I can easily pretend to be happy, in fact i am really never happy, but i can pretend to be happy, and i can convince myself to not kill myself, but that doesn't mean i am actually okay and over it.