xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
demonatashadow

Suicide/emo, I Am Strongly Against

Thats where you're wrong, I have been in that state of mind. And then I took a good hard look in the mirror and said, "What the hell is wrong with you", I sucked all that B.S. in and went back to normal dude. Its not that difficult to do, just think happy wise. Thats why I hate the whole emo/suicidal stuff, because it feels all wrong.

Likewise with what Jasper said: You can not just "snap" yourself out of it—it requires a long period of time to even start getting better. If one recalls what is making them sad or unstable, it may take "forever" just to even consider that there's a life to live, to put to good use.

As for the title of this topic: You can't be strongly against "emo"—such is not only illogical, but also impossible. It's not an action like suicide is; it's an effect due to a cause. It's not something you can strap a person down from doing and telling them, "Don't be 'emo!'" or "Stop being an 'emo!'"—not that i'm promoting or suggesting that one should strap people down to prevent them from doing something. I of course (obiviously) am against suicide—now this is something you can be against. You may not be able to be against 'emo,' but you can most certainly be against the things that causes one to be 'emo.' Indeed, the best way to prevent such things is to put an end to the things that causes it in the first place (this of course may be impossible on a large scale).

Suicide may be considered the apparent and quickest way to deal with immense pain (at the time), but the pain is blinding and misleading. The thing that causes such pain is usually due to the fact that they've lost at least two things: hope and love. If one is capale of inducing such things in the person's life, they should be able to relinquish the pain and see the light from the darkness that they're in. Many have been able to obtain these things through religion (Christianity; from God through Christ). Suicide also causes regret, sorrow and pain in the family's lives—one of the main reasons why suicide is wrong.

You may claim that you have gone through such emotional state, but the fact still remains: it was not to the degree or intensity that others have gone through or are still going through, or that you didn't even go through what you thought you went through, for they would have been able to "snap out of it" just like you have. And telling them to "snap out of it" just doesn't work.

What I don't get is why would people want to commit suicide or be emo?? Why would anyone want to take their own life away. Most people say, oh they teased me, bla, bla, bla. I say the hell with that!! Its pointless to take your life away. I believe that if you commit suicide then you go to hell anyways.
Also whats up with the emo *BLEEP*!! You got stress go excersize. I just don't see how pain (emo's cut themselves, what the hells with that) can possible relieve stress. I would think that pain only adds stress. I suggest to the emo people go outside and play to relieve stress. If you want to complain or post something offensive here, go ahead it doesn't change my opinion in the least.

i agree wih whoever posted this =) sorry im new and dont know how to just reply! haha well yea. i think suicide is stupid, i mean why in earth would you give people the pleasure to see you give up? i mean if u do give up, ur not hurting anyone but urself.. sure if it was their fault, theyl;l feel bad for a week or 2.. and then thats it.. u ended ur life, no one cares, you screwed yourself over,....

and if u do find the need to end urself.. just listen to some good music.. let that carry you until something good comes along// dont excpect someone to come in and be like OH THIS PERSON HAS Suffored big time, im a make their life so much better, i will love them and solve their future.. that wont happen! ITS ALL ABOUT MAKING UR OWN GAD DAMN IT HAPPINESS! go out there and chase it.. life is not about finding urself.. its about CREATING URSELF! dont just end ur life.. ur alive for a reason..

=)

At times life can be rough.. so rough in fact that people try to find an easy way out. They do not want to block out the pain and carry all of life's pressures it throws at you. Its what seperates the strong from the weak.

Well, technically speaking, being suicidal is not right, neither is being emo.But we should also understand that some people that live under certain circumstances (poberty, really bad ill conditions, no family or friends, etc.) don't really have anything worth of doing. They are just isolated individuals that literally have nothing. Thats when the suicidal mentality kicks in. Why would they want to keep suffering, working, stressing themselves for a better life style or whatever they want to achieve if they don't have the support of anyone or the love of a relative?There are cases that are completely the opposite. People with a good life style, a caring family, maybe even a wife or kids, think about suicide. Those individuals are the ones that wrong. They have something to fight for, unlike the other individual example. What I think about this kind of people is that they are extremely selfish. They are either not thinking correctly, or they focus everything around themselves and ignore the rest of the people that care about that individual. Especially if the individual has family. Most people don't think how much they are hurting their friends and family by just thinking of ending their lives. When most of them realize that they do have something to keep living for, they ignore the suicidal thoughts and resist them... usually.Now, on with the "emos". I have nothing against the lesser type of emos, the ones that only dress because they like the style or they are just into the music, but the real emos, the ones that cut... I really can't describe how I dislike that kind of behavior. I have nothing against the music, some of the dressing styles... but when it comes to cutting themselves just because they feel "rejected" or any other reason, thats where I stop liking them. There are many other ways to relief stress or hate than cutting. You could join a Jujitsu club and fight everyday. Believe me, that sure reliefs the hate building inside and the stress. Most emos that severely cut themselves end up thinking about suicide, or committing it.

I guess you kind of have to experience it yourself to understand.Sometimes people feel so much pain that they can't stand living anymore. Sometimes the only escape from torture is to end their own lives. And I don't believe in hell.A friend of mine from work killed herself a few months ago, and she was religious...She seemed like such a happy girl. She believed in god, and she didn't exactly kill herself over anything (from what I'm aware of). I didn't believe it when she died...Until I went to her funeral. It makes me wonder whether or not she was having mmoney problems that she couldn't escape.

Cutting yourself is life keeping a journal, every scar reminds you of a major (and probably painful) moment in your life. And people who commit suicide are those who have nothing to live for. You wont understand until you get there.

true that man!!, ppl don't understand because they have not been there!! well i have been there and it still makes scene to me. but i lived through it. i never tryed to kill my self tho. but i do have a long scar journal.

And here I am thinking that this is just a US-Europe thing.

Exactly, society is what is stripping our youngsters of souls

Let me quote a poem I read called Self-determination by Emerson.

Be not like sheeps wandering around life
Be different, a hero in the strife

I paraphrased it because I don't remember the exact words :D

Basically the whole point of the people is to be yourself and don't let society change you, only you should live up to the fullest that you can become!

Emerson, you brilliant man. :o
Edited by Reekun (see edit history)

When people get depressed it often leads then to hurting them selfs because thats what the world has come to. Think about it, all around the world in media, t.v and the internet, you are expected to be a sertain way just to fit in. People will do things that are completly retarded and pointless just so they can be socailly accepted. Its just like young teenage girls who go on crazy diets and throw up there food so they can be skinny ( just because thats whats advertised in the media, Thin is beautiul) well thats retarded, everyone is specail in there own way and no one should ever have to feel like there not good enough. The worst part about people who hurt themselves is they dont realize that their hurting the people around them that love them. They often feel like no one cares and that they are usuless and unloved when in reality thats no true. The only thing i have to say with you on the matter is yes its wrong to cut yourself if your unhappy, but i think you should try and be more understanding, most of the time if they just had someone to talk to they wouldnt turn to hurting themselfs. So maybe instead of judging them, you should try and help someone next time.

What I don't get is why would people want to commit suicide or be emo?? Why would anyone want to take their own life away. Most people say, oh they teased me, bla, bla, bla. I say the hell with that!! Its pointless to take your life away. I believe that if you commit suicide then you go to hell anyways.Also whats up with the emo *BLEEP*!! You got stress go excersize. I just don't see how pain (emo's cut themselves, what the hells with that) can possible relieve stress. I would think that pain only adds stress. I suggest to the emo people go outside and play to relieve stress. If you want to complain or post something offensive here, go ahead it doesn't change my opinion in the least.-=-Emo are cool, as long as they stay in "Haircut" style" area :D-=-

emo is from emotional...but when they get a sort of fanatic sad faces they're on they way to grave...*edit* I'm not against EMO fashion but neither pro.. and I'll never be an emo ;)

Edited by jlhaslip
remove undesriable abbreviation (see edit history)

first of all, you really offended me. you obviously have NOOO idea what EMO is!you should probably get your facts straight before you start making false accusations. not everyone that calls themselves EMO is suicidal.and just the fact that you say what you did isnt going to make anyone want to kill themselves less.no offence, but its ppl like you that make others... or should i say "EMOS" so youlll understand me, want to kill themselves. :lol:

People could have emotional issues at home or at school. They usually suicide if it is too much for them..... Even though I don't think that that choice is a very mature choice as it makes other people depressed(most of the time).

FIRST OF ALL: Emo = emotional and is actually a music genre. Or it used to be, but people have turned it into a "sickness" or even a style. I suppose the majority of you guys are a lot older than me, but I do know a lot about this. I have some friends who have the "emo-style." Black, red, stripes, dark, nail polish, heavy eye make-up and you name it. Then again I have other friends who are just "emo". I say it that way because I still think emo is a music genre and not anything else at all. (Still the best way to for example describe the "emo-style" is to use those exact words.) My friends, or we will just say friend as I have only got one of those, do not necessary cut herself, but she "likes" pain as it takes her mind of all of her other problems.If you have the "emo-style" people thing you cut yourself, and if you wear a little bit too much black some day at school (for example black nail polish) people again thing you are emo. It is a weird world, though I kind of grew up with this style around me and I am used to it. Now for the suicide thingy. I think some sertain people here think it is their choice, something they can control and that they can "rather go exercise or something." Well unfortunately it is not that easy and it does not have a quick fix. I have had suicide around me too, it sucks but it is just life I suppose. One of my acquaintances "decided" to leave this world suddenly... he had been in war and struggled a lot at school. I also have a neighbour (had would be more correct), but I do not know the reason why he did it. It is a really sad an tough topic. If you go through it yourself or have someone around you it can be easier to understand. In many cases it comes from almost nowhere... I do not know how to say this, but it is just not as easy to get rid of the problem as it seems to.