xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Damen

Revamped My Site Layout, Review It? Http://isart.co.nr

Thanks guys. Yeah I "might" be able to edit the colors. A hue would do fine. But with changing some other things, like the forum skin to match and stuff. Maybe once I get things to a stable position I will consider it.Right now I am working on implementing the comment page. Getting help from my friend jon(hippiman) I inspired a tut thread from him so go check it out!thanks for the suggestions and compliments

Its really good, I liked it a lot, I guess you already changed the black/red logo. The only thing that needs to be changed though are the copyright at the bottom of the page, I think that the text is too big, it sort of messes up the design down there. Make it smaller.. well thats my opinion. Your design is great.

I really like the colors that you used in to the layout i also like the gradient background that you put there the orange logo looks really good and it blends in with your overall layout. 9/10 I was aspecting the top navigation to have some rollover effects but other than that a really good design.

Looking at your homepage, it looks really nice! The design looks sleek and I really like the color scheme. The only thing I was expecting to see were mouse-over buttons (like when you put your mouse over the "Home", "Gallery", etc). Maybe if you could add that it would make the theme look even nicer! Great job over all though! 8/10.

At first looks, wow. Simply wow. Very stylish and nice to the eye. You picked good colors for the site, green and a good orange always look nice. But still can be done wrong, but in this case you haven't.Looking more closer at your home page, I notive it was an image.The whole thing was an image. How come you haven't done text? If you want to know how to have your own news system look on Xisto, their are tons of tutorials on those kinda of things.I look at the gallery, very nice. But to make it better perhaps you could click the images which would bring you a new page. On that new page you could write a little about and people to comment on the image.The about section is very bland. But it does what it say. It does tell us about. Best to leave that page I think.The nws I think would be better if you had an actual script which updated itself. Saves you loads of time having to update that page every so often. Comment page should be changed to Contact Us. Leave comments to be posted on the forums.Forums are good. Phpbb I belive. But I don't understand why you have all the yellow, then a red logo? Why not make the logo red or the forums red? Good idea with the shoutbox on the side, still allows you to see the forum and shoutbox at the same time.

You made some good improvements on your site, I see that you moved all your images to CSS, which is a good move, however, since your site is just a image you could design it out of div tags and cut pretty much all the coding out of your index file. Nice drop shadow, since now your images gives a little separation to the background. gradient. Someone mention about the copyright notice, I would agree that changing the color (orange) to go with the rest of the template so that doesn't stand so much from the rest of the site.With the forum nice layout, however I would change the black and the orange to match the colors of your website to give it that uniform look, same goes with the red logo as well. Other then those things and stuff mention in previous posts its looks good.

Overall the site looks great but there are few changes that should be made. First of all, make the sections on the front page aligned vertically together so they dont look so ackwardly lined up. This was the major pet peeve i have with the site. Besides that, I also would have links to my sections on the left hand side of the side above the new since thats where most people look for them. If they are only on top, some people might get confused and then leave and never come back. Overall, the graphics are really nice, loaded fine and look creative. The only change i would have with them is possiblity adding the horizontal and vertical orange lines to the image so that they dont look as out of place. Great job.

the main page looks ok, but the forums, the width isnt all that good, personally i wouldnt join it, not because of the purpose of it, but becaause of the tiny width of the forums, i think it could do without the side menu's and stuff, well good luck with it. hope it grows to be successfull

Have to say the forums look very nice now! and somehow slightly brighter - maybe the orange does this to the eyes!!! It certainly makes it easier to be on those forums :unsure:The main page looks better, and that drop-shadow background works so well. It makes a huge difference!Nice :(