xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SNiped

Fantastico Problem Exactly as the name says

Mod_security is an Apache Module which is set to run by the Server Admins and I don't think there is anything you as a user can do about that one. Have you submitted an email to support@Xisto.com explaining this problem? Only the Server Admins would be able to overcome this one.and the Mod-security Module is most likely causing the 500 error, too. If there is a conflict between SMF and the Mod-security Module, I am certain the Server will cause the scripts to fail. Best approach is the email to Support.

Hi,my Fantastico doesnt work it just saysNot Found The server was not able to find the document (./frontend/rvblue/fantastico/index.php) you requested Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this error to your webhost. cpsrvd/10.9.6 Server at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
thxscan

Please submit an email to support@xisto.com.

There are several topics about this already. http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?acte=%2Bfantastico Any software available on the fantastico are readily available for download and manual install from the Internet. Until further notice, or as a result of your email, please proceed on that basis. If you require assistance, please post a new thread in the appropriate Forum. Thank you for your understanding.

Just a small reminder that everyone will have this with fantastico, the reason being was that duriing hte upgrade process fastatico had to be renewed, but when everyone started have problems cpanel was downloaded and so fanstastico wasn't re-installed back into the old cpanel. So as haslip mention most of hte scripts that were in fantastico can be downloaded and installed manually.

I had the same problem and people like saint michael told me just download the files yourself and set them up without fantastico, It is really qiute easy just takes getting used to. Once i learnt how to install one thing without fantastico i would never use fantastico again. Weird i know but the more you do it the better you become.

Edited by SNiped (see edit history)

it is actually better to download from the source, rather than from fantastico, fantastico does not always have the most recent versions of these open source softwares, the thing about them is that they are always changing, the only reason i have ever used fantastico, was because i was being lazy. lol, besides, manual installations, seemed to work better than fantastico installs( i dont know if this applies to everyone, but thats how i feel,thats how it is with me)

it is actually better to download from the source, rather than from fantastico, fantastico does not always have the most recent versions of these open source softwares...

I agree with you completely dude :) Fantastico, or any other auto installation programs for that matter are always outdated. They can't keep up with the pace :) The only purpose I use these packages for, is to check out the popular open source packages out there, and the links to them, full stop. Installing out dated software is very risky. Sometimes updates are released to fix various discovered security issues, which may make you vulnerable if you don't have this update.

I agree with you completely dude :) Fantastico, or any other auto installation programs for that matter are always outdated. They can't keep up with the pace :) The only purpose I use these packages for, is to check out the popular open source packages out there, and the links to them, full stop. Installing out dated software is very risky. Sometimes updates are released to fix various discovered security issues, which may make you vulnerable if you don't have this update.

Also they are not very difficult to install, I for one am one that has just recently installed a few othe OS programs such as wordpress and joomla, and I had a few issues but I asked questions, and I figured out some ideas.. and there i have it.. running good and with no fantastico, and besides.. with fantastico as said above.. everything seemed to be outdated and then you had to go and ddownload the new patch and install it.. less trouble if you just go and install the updated versions on the first try

Again, Fantastico is Down until further notice as mentioned in previous posts the best course of action is to download the software yourself, since the software is more up-to-date then that on fantastico. Also it gives people new to the hwole game of designing to be able to install and run the program to be more efficient and of course be able to help other people who might have had similar problems when installing that same software.

We can understand brother but fantastico is a great deal for us in our hosting packages and we all have responded but none of this is official. We need the admins response.

Hey when i access fantastico i came up with this error ! :)

Not FoundThe server was not able to find the document (./frontend/rvblue/fantastico/index.php) you requested.Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this error to your webhost.